Can microwave pizza streaming could comeback?

caron14

Oh good this site works again!

But I'll be buying Gamecenter again this year. Apparently it'll be much improved

I'll be doing Game Center again too. This year they're offering a single team plan for $105 which is probably what I'll do. I never really watch other teams unless they're playing us anyway. From what I've read, though, this is really the only significant change to Game Center. This article sums it up pretty well...

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/6/15/8783249/nhl-tv-settlement-settlement-game-center-live

Still gonna have local blackouts but the silver lining for Devils fans is there aren't going to be many (if any) nationally televised games so that limits the number of blackouts for us. Basically we're getting more bang for our buck because the Devils don't have many blackouts.

As of right now, however, I can't figure out how to make the change on my account. Maybe it's not available yet.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

This is kind of on-topic here and just in case anyone was hoping to see more games on national TV and avoid streams or Center Ice, here's NBC's breakdown per team in terms of how many games they each will get this year (we are only shown ONE time :( )

Chicago 21
Pittsburgh 18
Philadelphia 18
Detroit 16
N.Y. Rangers 13
Minnesota 12
Colorado 12
Boston 12
St. Louis 12
San Jose 11
Washington 11
Los Angeles 10
Tampa Bay 8
Montreal 6
N.Y. Islanders 5
Buffalo 5
Nashville 4
Anaheim 4
Dallas 3
Florida 1
Columbus 1
New Jersey 1
Carolina 1
Toronto 1
Edmonton 1
Arizona 1
Ottawa 0
Vancouver 0
Winnipeg 0
Calgary 0

Kind of strange how Montreal gets 6 games where as Toronto and Edmonton only get one each and the rest of the Canadian teams get none. Are they trying to make Montreal the "enemy" of US hockey? I realize they were the best of the Canadian teams last season but I don't think that will be true this year and there IMO there are more exciting Canadian teams to watch.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

wow i come to this site today and see my name haha and sadly, I will not be returning to the stream

I wish i could have continued! it was super fun and met some real cool people.

I don't even have cable anymore haha, so i'm going to gamecenter and a VPN myself.

There are a ton of streams out there now (hockeystreams is one, plus the "grey area" ones)

Edited by Microwavepizza

This is kind of on-topic here and just in case anyone was hoping to see more games on national TV and avoid streams or Center Ice, here's NBC's breakdown per team in terms of how many games they each will get this year (we are only shown ONE time :( )

Chicago 21

Pittsburgh 18

Philadelphia 18

Detroit 16

N.Y. Rangers 13

Minnesota 12

Colorado 12

Boston 12

St. Louis 12

San Jose 11

Washington 11

Los Angeles 10

Tampa Bay 8

Montreal 6

N.Y. Islanders 5

Buffalo 5

Nashville 4

Anaheim 4

Dallas 3

Florida 1

Columbus 1

New Jersey 1

Carolina 1

Toronto 1

Edmonton 1

Arizona 1

Ottawa 0

Vancouver 0

Winnipeg 0

Calgary 0

This seems almost arbitrary. Yea the Hawks won the cup, but a quarter of their games on national tv seems ridiculous. And yea, you expect a Pittsburgh to be up there. But why philly? It's a big market but not one of the major players. Giroux is fine but most teams have a Giroux. Don't people want to see Eichel and that Sabres team? Colorado with a ton of games? There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern here, so I wonder how these games got scheduled and why.

This seems almost arbitrary. Yea the Hawks won the cup, but a quarter of their games on national tv seems ridiculous. And yea, you expect a Pittsburgh to be up there. But why philly? It's a big market but not one of the major players. Giroux is fine but most teams have a Giroux. Don't people want to see Eichel and that Sabres team? Colorado with a ton of games? There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern here, so I wonder how these games got scheduled and why.

Listen in on how many douchebags are at Devils-Blackhawks home games in Chicago jerseys talking smack with New York and New Jersey accents, and unfortunately, that's why there are 21 Blackhawks game. They're essentially the Yankees at this point.

However, I do agree about Pittsburgh and Philly. I would've thought they'd get maybe 10-15 tops, and that's probably the amount they should've given Eichel and Buffalo too. Only 5 games for Buffalo seems kind of crazy.

I think they play more towards markets and demographics than they do talent/star players.  It'd be nice to see new guys like Eichel more, but I get why they still have a hard on for Pittsburgh.  The addition of Kessel is probably another reason why they still got several games.

Canada's representation is almost nothing pretty much because no one in the U.S. would really care to see Winnipeg vs Ottawa.  It's all about ratings and advertising dollars, so they should the teams that will bring in the best numbers.

Also, I agree Reddit's streams are pretty good, though I never really had an issue with livetv.sx and used that almost exclusively last year, until someone mentioned Ragecenter.  That was by far the best I've used, ever, and I've been watching streaming sports, particularly hockey, for about 10 years now.   It was just such an easy and clean interface, with the games for that day clearly listed, including home and away feeds, and there were several quality choices too, including HD. 

I really wish that would come back.

I think they play more towards markets and demographics than they do talent/star players.  It'd be nice to see new guys like Eichel more, but I get why they still have a hard on for Pittsburgh.  The addition of Kessel is probably another reason why they still got several games.

Canada's representation is almost nothing pretty much because no one in the U.S. would really care to see Winnipeg vs Ottawa.  It's all about ratings and advertising dollars, so they should the teams that will bring in the best numbers.

Also, I agree Reddit's streams are pretty good, though I never really had an issue with livetv.sx and used that almost exclusively last year, until someone mentioned Ragecenter.  That was by far the best I've used, ever, and I've been watching streaming sports, particularly hockey, for about 10 years now.   It was just such an easy and clean interface, with the games for that day clearly listed, including home and away feeds, and there were several quality choices too, including HD. 

I really wish that would come back.

Pittsburgh isn't exactly a big market. The point of national broadcasts is to get as many people watching nationally as possible. Stars are going to get viewers outside of the respective markets of the competing teams.

Pittsburgh isn't exactly a big market. The point of national broadcasts is to get as many people watching nationally as possible. Stars are going to get viewers outside of the respective markets of the competing teams.

Pens local market has been best in the country for NHL ratings.

In terms of the other markets in the NHL, they're pretty damn big.  Who's bigger and attracts more fans and a larger viewing audience, particularly in the last 5-10 years?  Maybe NY/CHI/BOS/DET... 

wow i come to this site today and see my name haha and sadly, I will not be returning to the stream

I wish i could have continued! it was super fun and met some real cool people.

I don't even have cable anymore haha, so i'm going to gamecenter and a VPN myself.

There are a ton of streams out there now (hockeystreams is one, plus the "grey area" ones)

Thanks again for all the good times though man, it was great :)

Has anyone tried to get an invite from hockeystreams? I requested one a few days ago but nothing. 

i put one in awhile ago, never got one... then 2 days ago, i did it again and it worked.

try again! seriously, its finicky

Thanks again for all the good times though man, it was great :)

glad everyone enjoyed it! it was fun times, definitely. 10/10 no ragrets haha

Edited by Microwavepizza

In terms of the other markets in the NHL, they're pretty damn big. Who's bigger and attracts more fans and a larger viewing audience, particularly in the last 5-10 years? Maybe NY/CHI/BOS/DET...

San Jose, LA maybe, I don't really know what their ratings are like. Minnesota and St. Louis. The point wasn't to argue about Pittsburgh's market, I even said initially that I understood why the pens get a lot of national games. It just seems unbalanced and pretty arbitrary.