NJDevs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2015

CRASHER

Don't get me started, I may lose my shot at a division in my 16-team league cause of that sequence :P

I literally stopped checking the score when the Packers got the ball back deep in their own territory with no time left then a half hour later checked and Rodgers went from like 22 to 34 points and the Packers won and I was like 'Whaaaaa!'

:lol: That's rough. I think he was at like 10-12 points when I went to bed Thursday night and I honestly thought there was a scoring error when I checked Friday morning

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fvcking hate fantasy. Looked like I was going to cruise to a win until the Jets game went to OT. Now New England defense is killing me.

Well you'll still make the playoffs at least - unless I somehow come back and get like fifty plus points from Hasselbeck and Dez passing you in points scored - although with the way the results worked out you would have actually got the second bye with a win.  Looks like VALUE (who beat you) will get it now.

It's ironic my own player (Brandon Marshall) trolled me in my other league with a big-time performance, I still amazingly have a slight chance to win cause Allen Robinson's nuts but I need Hasselbeck and Jordan Reed to get 40 points there.  And this is an example of the kind of year it's been in fantasy when I had McCown starting in both leagues last week and Hasselbeck in both leagues this week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I need to find a QB for the playoffs, my mix and match crap has not worked lately, well at least I have 2 weeks to figure it out

And at least your options are better than mine in my other league's playoff, I basically have to pick between Bradford, Osweiler and a hurting Hasselbeck, now that I lost the top seed in that league with the second best record out of sixteen teams and am stuck playing against a team in the first round with Cam, AP, Antonio Brown, Dez, McFadden and Martellus Bennett as their offensive starters. Oh and my starting Flex is also a guy I had to pick up off the wire (Draughn)

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...

So if anyone's still alive here I got a dilemma in my PPR keeper league I could use some more opinions on.  I'm actually IN my title game there and got offered Blake Bortles for Josh Gordon (I picked him up a couple weeks ago when he was sitting as a FA and reports are he's actually serious about staying in shape and getting back) from a team that just got eliminated.  

For next week, Bortles against the Saints is probably a slight uptick over Cousins playing at Philly in terms of matchups, the only downside being that I might have three Jags starting in my six offensive positions (along with Denard if he plays again and Allen Robinson), that's dangerously close to an all eggs in one basket scenario.

For down the road even if I trade Gordon I still have Robinson and Landry as WR's next year and figure I can find a Flex (even though that's been a problem for me this year with Davante Adams busting) and I 'probably' have my QB for the next ten years.  Bortles has been a borderline top five guy this year - probably should have hung onto him here but dumped him during a midseason slump, that's irrelevant now though.  

You can keep 4-6 players in this league, with Gordon my keepers would probably be the three WR's, Reed at TE and maybe Stewart at RB.  With Bortles my keepers would probably be him, the two WR's, Reed and maybe Stewart.  The weekly offensive lineup is one QB, two WR's, one RB, one TE and one Flex.

Is this a no-brainer or am I missing something?  Even Bortles for best-case Gordon is probably fair value considering Gordon's always one screwup away from being booted.

Edited by NJDevs4978

23 minutes ago, redruM said:

So it comes down to this.... Megatron needs to go for 30+ tonight for me to win in BOTH my playoff games.....

Who the hell is david Johnson and why did he choose this week to double his season point totals??

I've been high on David Johnson all year, ever since Ellington went down in the early weeks. I honestly thought that he would become the starter, I didn't think CJ2K would have a renaissance season, so I wound up dropping DJ after a few weeks when it became apparent he was only getting goalline touches and a couple of passes out of the backfield. I obviously didn't think he'd do THIS, but I knew I had to grab him the second CJ2K broke his leg. What a crazy game we've had, red. No matter what happens, I'm glad we played each other. Made my Sunday significantly more interesting than it would have been!

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

So if anyone's still alive here I got a dilemma in my PPR keeper league I could use some more opinions on.  I'm actually IN my title game there and got offered Blake Bortles for Josh Gordon (I picked him up a couple weeks ago when he was sitting as a FA and reports are he's actually serious about staying in shape and getting back) from a team that just got eliminated.  

For next week, Bortles against the Saints is probably a slight uptick over Cousins playing at Philly in terms of matchups, the only downside being that I might have three Jags starting in my six offensive positions (along with Denard if he plays again and Allen Robinson), that's dangerously close to an all eggs in one basket scenario.

For down the road even if I trade Gordon I still have Robinson and Landry as WR's next year and figure I can find a Flex (even though that's been a problem for me this year with Davante Adams busting) and I 'probably' have my QB for the next ten years.  Bortles has been a borderline top five guy this year - probably should have hung onto him here but dumped him during a midseason slump, that's irrelevant now though.  

You can keep 4-6 players in this league, with Gordon my keepers would probably be the three WR's, Reed at TE and maybe Stewart at RB.  With Bortles my keepers would probably be him, the two WR's, Reed and maybe Stewart.  The weekly offensive lineup is one QB, two WR's, one RB, one TE and one Flex.

Is this a no-brainer or am I missing something?  Even Bortles for best-case Gordon is probably fair value considering Gordon's always one screwup away from being booted.

I mean, I think both long and short term that trade makes sense for you. Yeah, all of your eggs would be in the Jacksonville basket, but the Saints secondary is putrid. Bortles to Robinson should be good for 2 TDs and then Denard would ideally get garbage time carries. Plus it makes more sense to me to keep a QB and 2 WRs in that league that 3 WRs. Gordon is a wild card who is one screw up away from never playing football again, compared to a guy who looks like he's going to become a Pro Bowl QB

25 minutes ago, RSC said:

I mean, I think both long and short term that trade makes sense for you. Yeah, all of your eggs would be in the Jacksonville basket, but the Saints secondary is putrid. Bortles to Robinson should be good for 2 TDs and then Denard would ideally get garbage time carries. Plus it makes more sense to me to keep a QB and 2 WRs in that league that 3 WRs. Gordon is a wild card who is one screw up away from never playing football again, compared to a guy who looks like he's going to become a Pro Bowl QB

Best case scenario for me is probably J-Stew coming back so I only have to play the pitch and catch combo. But yeah definitely leaning toward doing it, only thing is I have to wait till tomorrow morning cause rosters lock till then and I have to drop a QB (Yates) since there's a two QB limit. He doesn't need to keep Bortles since he has Brees.

re: David Johnson I'm just glad he tore up my OTHER semi this week :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, RSC said:

I've been high on David Johnson all year, ever since Ellington went down in the early weeks. I honestly thought that he would become the starter, I didn't think CJ2K would have a renaissance season, so I wound up dropping DJ after a few weeks when it became apparent he was only getting goalline touches and a couple of passes out of the backfield. I obviously didn't think he'd do THIS, but I knew I had to grab him the second CJ2K broke his leg. What a crazy game we've had, red. No matter what happens, I'm glad we played each other. Made my Sunday significantly more interesting than it would have been!

Yeah, crazy ups and downs yesterday, when Arod ended with 11 points I thought I was in... then Johnson starts going off and I was cursing

1 hour ago, redruM said:

So it comes down to this.... Megatron needs to go for 30+ tonight for me to win in BOTH my playoff games.....

Who the hell is david Johnson and why did he choose this week to double his season point totals??

Blame Philly, it's always their fault.

I had SO MANY players who had been terrible for a month go off on my benches across the league - EVERY playoff game I lost this week (2, looking like 3 unless the Lions concuss Drew Brees and Tim Hightower) I have a massive performer or 3 on my bench.

21 hours ago, RSC said:

Of course now the league commish did something weasely and disallowed the trade immediately, also changing the deadline so no other trades could be made, now claiming he didn't want any trades during the playoffs despite there not previously being a trade deadline this year or last year :rant:

I'm in his division too so he probably didn't want me getting Bortles anyway :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

RSC and dr in the final, didn't really see that one coming lol...then again my other league it's #5 vs. #6 in the final (after two blowout wins over the top seeds) so I guess craziness rules this fantasy football season.

3 years in a row of loses in the semis.. and 2 of the last 3 years I finished the regular season in 1st place... hate this game...

At least my keeper is an easy pick this year....

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Of course now the league commish did something weasely and disallowed the trade immediately, also changing the deadline so no other trades could be made, now claiming he didn't want any trades during the playoffs despite there not previously being a trade deadline this year or last year :rant:

I'm in his division too so he probably didn't want me getting Bortles anyway :P

That's the kind of sh!t that makes me go "delete league".  

14 minutes ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

That's the kind of sh!t that makes me go "delete league".  

Believe me part of me wants to win the Final so bad and then have a drop the mic moment after - and part of me wants to kick this guy's ass the next few years even more, but I want to follow through on the trade in the offseason first for the other guy even if I do walk (and this commish has had other snafus before, mostly around draft order and keepers that didn't affect me).

Now I'm even more glad I kept this clown out of the playoffs this year :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

It depends, if that's a league of donators and he profits every year from being in it....by all means stick around....if not, that system should be changed.....i like the way Shane does it....all trades are good, but you can protest them (and the protest can not be anonymous) and if four or five people (a majority of the people not involved in the trade) agree, the trade is nixed

.....and then people still get mad take thei ball and leave :P

1 hour ago, CRASHER said:

It depends, if that's a league of donators and he profits every year from being in it....by all means stick around....if not, that system should be changed.....i like the way Shane does it....all trades are good, but you can protest them (and the protest can not be anonymous) and if four or five people (a majority of the people not involved in the trade) agree, the trade is nixed

.....and then people still get mad take thei ball and leave :P

It's a free league, I could never do a money one precisely cause of the situation I faced two of the last three weeks playing against a team with BOTH B. Marshall and Ivory on it, first time with a bye on the line, second time with a spot in the finals on the line with the Jets playing big games against me in fantasy.  It drove me batty enough with nothing on the line, I'd quit fantasy if I had to deal with that playing for money.

And another guy just called me out for being shady, never mind I didn't even offer the damn deal (and he himself was trying to solicit trades during the playoffs) :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Fantasy football is just so dumb. Here I am in the finals riding Cam Newton's second half surge. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think I drafted a a solid team (a lot of luck with that as well). But here is now the season unfolded.

- Steve Smith (out for the yr)

- Keenan Allen (out for the yr)

- Joseph Randle (sucked then released very early in the yr)

- Jimmy Graham (sucked then out for the year)

- LaGarrette Blount (out for the playoffs)

- LeSean McCoy (injured here and there, now doubtful for the finals).

I have no business coming within 60 points of RSC by week's end. He has an unbelievable team, and should take this crown home.

Edited by devilsrule33

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's a free league, I could never do a money one precisely cause of the situation I faced two of the last three weeks playing against a team with BOTH B. Marshall and Ivory on it, first time with a bye on the line, second time with a spot in the finals on the line with the Jets playing big games against me in fantasy.  It drove me batty enough with nothing on the line, I'd quit fantasy if I had to deal with that playing for money.

And another guy just called me out for being shady, never mind I didn't even offer the damn deal (and he himself was trying to solicit trades during the playoffs) :rant:

Then it's definitely not worth it....tell them to go scratch and you can always come join Brian's other free league we do with our friends anyway :P

49 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

Then it's definitely not worth it....tell them to go scratch and you can always come join Brian's other free league we do with our friends anyway :P

Is it a keeper or redraft?

I have to admit I kind of liked the challenge of the other league that's the only thing - the whole 16-team PPR with five IDP positions (yeah I know that's not your thing) was so intricate and night and day from the standard league.  This is also different from the standard league with the unique two-plus week draft format with in-draft trading even if it does have most of the standard rules otherwise (minus the stupid rosters lock till Tuesday and waivers on Wednesday that's thankfully not here either).

The other thing which kind of was an eyebrow-raiser in recent weeks...maybe this is an ESPN rule but there was no reseeding for the second round of the playoffs there.  #5 (me with the second best record in the league) played #1 in the second round while the #6 seed played the #2 seed...it went by a straight bracket there.  Thankfully that didn't matter since going by reseeding wouldn't have changed the results but it could have been a major point of contention too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

One player keeper, things can always be voted on to be changed....I think Brian (or Laflamme....or both) HATE the IDP's too

I'm glad four of my five leagues are all yahoo....makes it easier....he's got the .1 for completes and .1 lost for incompletes and a few other wacky rules too....in this year of injury sh!tstorms, it helps to have options!

6 hours ago, devilsrule33 said:

Fantasy football is just so dumb. Here I am in the finals riding Cam Newton's second half surge. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think I drafted a a solid team (a lot of luck with that as well). But here is now the season unfolded.

- Steve Smith (out for the yr)

- Keenan Allen (out for the yr)

- Joseph Randle (sucked then released very early in the yr)

- Jimmy Graham (sucked then out for the year)

- LaGarrette Blount (out for the playoffs)

- LeSean McCoy (injured here and there, now doubtful for the finals).

I have no business coming within 60 points of RSC by week's end. He has an unbelievable team, and should take this crown home.

Remember what I said early in the season when you had an insanely high score and still lost one week, you were distraught then and I said eventually in fantasy football if you play long enough the worm turns.  It's been turning for you now, enjoy it.  And yes I'd put money on RSC if I was betting this game but just get some RB insurance for McCoy, run out your lineup and see what happens.  Maybe it's supposed to be your year, already overcoming that laundry list mess.  

Does go to show how insanely important an elite QB can be, I had the good Luck last year and went 15-1.  This year my QB situation was a mess and I missed the playoffs entirely (of course QB wasn't the only mess I had).  Then again I managed to overcome historically bad QB play in my other league to get to the finals there, does give you far less of a margin for error though.

Edited by NJDevs4978