CRASHER

NJDevs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2015

To answer the question about my league, it's 12 team max with either 15 or 16 roster spots, and the scoring settings are below.  

Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hiimbrian
Offense League Value Yahoo Default Value
Completions 0.1 0
Incomplete Passes -0.1 0
Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 5 points at 500 yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6 4
Interceptions -3 -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 200 yards  
Rushing Touchdowns 6  
Receptions 1 0
Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 200 yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6  
Return Touchdowns 6  
2-Point Conversions 2  
Fumbles Lost -2  
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6  
Pick Sixes Thrown -3 0

Kickers League Value Yahoo Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3  
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3  
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3  
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4  
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5  
Point After Attempt Made 1  
Point After Attempt Missed -1 0

Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo Default Value
Sack 2 1
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 4 2
Block Kick 4 2
Return TD 6  
Points Allowed 0 points 10  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
Extra Point Returned 2  

As opposed to other more traditional PPR leagues, this league tends to curb ridiculous QB scores and increase team defense scoring, while balancing the contributions of RBs that runs for 80 yards vs. the RB that catches 8 passes for 8 yards.  Also note - we were PPR before PPR was cool. :P  

I'm all in favor of 1 IDP, but that's been voted down by the league majority every year.

12 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Remember what I said early in the season when you had an insanely high score and still lost one week, you were distraught then and I said eventually in fantasy football if you play long enough the worm turns.  It's been turning for you now, enjoy it.  And yes I'd put money on RSC if I was betting this game but just get some RB insurance for McCoy, run out your lineup and see what happens.  Maybe it's supposed to be your year, already overcoming that laundry list mess.  

Does go to show how insanely important an elite QB can be, I had the good Luck last year and went 15-1.  This year my QB situation was a mess and I missed the playoffs entirely (of course QB wasn't the only mess I had).  Then again I managed to overcome historically bad QB play in my other league to get to the finals there, does give you far less of a margin for error though.

Re: QBs, that's what I'm most nervous about this week. If Cam is his usual self and Rodgers puts up another stinker, that might be the end of me. I think DJ will be good for another 15 or so, but he's not going to have another insane game like this past week

It's funny how Cam was an after thought in the draft (didn't we auto-draft him to DR as a favor/"homer pick?) ....and now he's like the last guy standing.....it's crazy

what a horrible year this was for injured players......we're almost TOO aware of injuries nowadays.... 10 years ago I bet half these injures get "sucked up and played through"

Cam wasn't an auto pick, in fact dr took him and Stafford on back to back picks in round 8 lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 12/22/2015 at 8:47 AM, redruM said:

3 years in a row of loses in the semis.. and 2 of the last 3 years I finished the regular season in 1st place... hate this game...

At least my keeper is an easy pick this year....

Well now you know how I felt a few years ago when I was the Andy Reid of the league, at least you won once before though, I still hadn't won when I was going through my 'almost' blues.

I have no freaking idea who my keeper's going to be, at first I thought it was going to be Barnidge or Rawls but my Redskin pitch and catch duo is trying to carry me across the finish line in my other league so one of them could be a possibility too.

I posted the keeper list below, I did most of it last night.  It does amuse me when non-playoff teams late in the season mistakenly pick up FA's that have no keeper value since they were kept this season, or pick up previously drafted guys assuming they have 15th round value when ayl got that rule changed years ago.  It also amuses me that RSC's roster is filled with only UDFA running backs...goes to show how much of a freaking wasteland that position was this year :lol:

Okay, now that the season's over here's the keeper list of every team for next year...remember, any player that was drafted retains their round value even if they were cut during the season.  Any player that was not drafted is automatically a 15th round keeper though.  Any player with strikethrough in their name isn't eligible to be kept since they were kept last year, capice?  Some rosters have 16 players because of IR, some have 15 and Manta for some reason has 14...anything you feel is incorrect check it in the board threads but I think I got this right:

Kick Shins and Run
QB - Tannehill (7), Fitzpatrick (UDFA-15)
WR - Jeffery (2), J.Mathews (3), Maclin (6), B.Marshall (6), Benjamin (12)
RB - Peterson (1), Yeldon (4), Freeman (8), D.Robinson (UDFA-15), C.West (UDFA-15), Miller
TE - Gates (15)
K - Walsh (15)
DEF - Bucs (15)

Dynamo Nation
QB - Rivers (8), Winston (11), Bortles (UDFA-15)
WR - C.Johnson (2), Wheaton (14), Crabtree (UDFA-15), Ginn (UDFA-15), E.Sanders
RB - Forte (1), Gurley (4), Blue (11)
TE - Z.Miller (15), Rodgers (15)
K - Crosby (15)
DEF - Jets (11)

WackMC's
QB - Rodgers
WR - Landry (5), Watkins (6), Fitzgerald (8), Diggs (UDFA-15), Moncrief (UDFA-15)
RB - D.Johnson (UDFA-15), Hightower (UDFA-15), Draughn (UDFA-15), Ware (UDFA-15), Starks (UDFA-15)
TE - Gronkowski (1)
K - Boswell (UDFA-15)
DEF - Patriots (UDFA-15), Lions (UDFA-15)

Big Blue
QB - Brees (3), Carr (12), Dalton (15)
WR - D.Thomas (2), Edelman (4), G.Tate (6), K.Wright (9), T.Smith (10)
RB - Ingram (1), Woodhead (8), J.Hill
TE - Bennett (5), Ertz (11)
K - Gostkowski (13)
DEF - Seahawks (6)

Goodell's Gestapo
QB - Roethlisberger (3), Mariota (12), Osweiler (UDFA-15)
WR - M.Evans (2), Garcon (9), Inman (UDFA-15), T.Benjamin (UDFA-15)
RB - Lacy (1), D.Wiliams (UDFA-15), J.White (UDFA-15), A.Andrews (UDFA-15), Gore
TE - Kelce (5)
K - Gould (UDFA-15)
DEF - Chiefs (8)

Power of Positivity
QB - Romo (4), Ryan (4), Bridgewater (8)
WR - Cobb (1), Ju.Jones (2), Cooper (6), J.Nelson (12)
RB - L.Murray (3), Hillman (UDFA-15), Langford (UDFA-15), Ch.Johnson (UDFA-15), CJAnderson, Charles
TE - D.Walker (10)
K - Santos (UDFA-15)
DEF - Cardinals (9)

Sworn Defenders
QB - Brady (5)
WR - Beckham (2), D.Jackson (6), J.Brown (9), Green-Beckham (13), Hurns (UDFA-15), Gordon (UDFA-15), K.White (UDFA-15)
RB - Abdullah (3), Du.Johnson (10), M.Jones (10), Michael (UDFA-15), D.Cobb (UDFA-15), D.Lewis (UDFA-15)
TE - J.Thomas (5), Seferian-Jenkins (9)

New Jersey Swamps
QB - Cousins (UDFA-15), Kaepernick (UDFA-15)
WR - D.Bryant (2), D.Parker (11), Baldwin (UDFA-15), Aiken (UDFA-15), Snead (UDFA-15)
RB - D.Martin (5), R.Jennings (7), Rawls (UDFA-15), Powell (UDFA-15), Sims (UDFA-15)
TE - Reed (13), Barnidge (UDFA-15)
K - Gano (UDFA-15)
DEF - Broncos (11)

MantaRavens
QB - E.Manning (4), Cutler (UDFA-15)
WR - A.Green (2), Cooks (3), M.Bryant (6)
RB- Murray (1), Ivory (5), B.Allen (UDFA-15), B.Brown (UDFA-15)
TE - Eifert (10), Tye (UDFA-15)
K - Tucker (13)
DEF - Texans (7), Bengals (UDFA-15)

NFL is Dead 2 Me
QB - R.Wilson (3), T.Taylor (14)
WR - A.Brown (1), V.Jackson (6), A.Robinson (7), Funchess (9), R.Woods (UDFA-15)
RB - M.Gordon (3), Sproles (8), K.Williams (13), Morris
TE - Olsen (5)
K - Hauschka (UDFA-15)
DEF - Rams (9), Redskins (UDFA-15)

Masked Marauders
QB - P.Manning (3), Palmer (8)
WR - Boldin (10), T.Williams (11), Mi.Floyd (12), R.White (13), Hilton
RB - L.Bell (1), J.Stewart (2), Foster (4), McFadden (6), Bolden (UDFA-15)
TE - Watson (15), L.Green (UDFA-15)
K - Bailey (14)
DEF - Cowboys (UDFA-15)

DR
QB - Newton (8), Stafford (8)
WR - K.Allen (4), S.Smith (7), Wallace (9), Decker (10), P.Brown (UDFA-15), Lockett (UDFA-15)
RB - McCoy (1), Blount (5), Bernard (7), Artis-Payne (11)
TE - Witten (6)
K - Cantazaro (UDFA-15)
DEF - Panthers (14)
Edited by NJDevs4978

19 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:
RB - D.Johnson (UDFA-15), Hightower (UDFA-15), Draughn (UDFA-15), Ware (UDFA-15), Starks (UDFA-15)

:lol: That does look absurd. Praise David Johnson and Tim Hightower. Right now I would guess DJ Is going to be my keeper next year, but we'll see

Edit: Also just realized I only have 5 of my original draft picks on my roster...draft poorly waiver wisely finally works out for me

Edited by RSC

Well the passing of the torch is just about complete.  Congrats RSC - I always knew you'd win the league one of these years, looks like the future is now.  Welcome to the winners' club: (and no Gio's not scoring forty points tomorrow, that's silly talk)

278128DA00000578-3036503-Jordan_Spieth_a

1 hour ago, RSC said:

:lol: That does look absurd. Praise David Johnson and Tim Hightower. Right now I would guess DJ Is going to be my keeper next year, but we'll see

Edit: Also just realized I only have 5 of my original draft picks on my roster...draft poorly waiver wisely finally works out for me

I only have four lol, though a couple bit the dust after I was eliminated cause of injury and Luck being keeper-ineligible.

Glad at least Arizona got a big enough lead in the second half to sit DJ (and that Allen Robinson had mucho junktime production), I was getting worried in my other league championship after I thought Cousins and Reed put that in the bag on Saturday.  So at least I have won a league for the last three years, considering I only play two or three at most, not bad.

Congrats RSC!

Also, I know I didn't start a kicker or defense; but I still expected to crack 33pts this week...  ouch.

Grats to RSC.

And I think I have one of the most obvious keeper situations in the league at this point in the year - Devonta Freeman for an 8th seems like way too much VALUE to pass up.  The only thing that might muddy that is a surprise retirement of Jamaal Charles, then I'd probably have to consider West.

Congrats RSC..  Looking at my team, also only had 5 guys I originally drafted... crazy..

I'm pretty sure Bortles as a UDFA and being the 5th highest point getter this year will be the easiest keeper... Gurley is the only other option, and I think Bortles in the 15th is a better value than Gurley at 4