NFL Week 2

NJDevs4978

Still good enough to lead another late game-tying drive and throw three TD's :P

I actually sat him for Bradford in my one fantasy league (in part cause I was playing against Peyton in the other anyway).

:lol:  And now the Chiefs trying to run out the clock before OT fumble the ball and the Broncos take it in for the likely winning TD.  Man oh man, five turnovers.

And the Pats continue their screw the NFL act :P

Bills got it going against the Pats' D (which is showing signs of pre-2014 form...not good), but the deficit was too much for them to overcome. Rex still hasn't figured a lot of things out...and in typical Rex fashion, his D didn't make crucial stops when needed, and his team took a lot of stupid and undisciplined penalties. He just can't seem to evolve.

Bills got it going against the Pats' D (which is showing signs of pre-2014 form...not good), but the deficit was too much for them to overcome. Rex still hasn't figured a lot of things out...and in typical Rex fashion, his D didn't make crucial stops when needed, and his team took a lot of stupid and undisciplined penalties. He just can't seem to evolve.

I'm scared sh!tless for when the Dolphins play the Bills and the Pats. I think the Bills will dominate them, while the Pats will absolutely annihilate and embarrass them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm scared sh!tless for when the Dolphins play the Bills and the Pats. I think the Bills will dominate them, while the Pats will absolutely annihilate and embarrass them.

Rex never beat the Dolphins with the Jets unless it was a meaningless Week 17 game :P

And yeah they got a lot closer than I thought they would have but it's still typical Rex in the end, win one week on emotion and then suffer a letdown the next week.  Silly me I actually thought they'd win the game a la Rex's first season with us when they beat the Pats in Week 2 at home.  Instead Brady slapped them around for 450+ and 3 TD's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rex never beat the Dolphins with the Jets unless it was a meaningless Week 17 game :P

And yeah they got a lot closer than I thought they would have but it's still typical Rex in the end, win one week on emotion and then suffer a letdown the next week.

Err, he beat and out coached the Dolphins plenty. I'll take him any day over Philbin, although that isn't saying all that much.

Err, he beat and out coached the Dolphins plenty. I'll take him any day over Philbin, although that isn't saying all that much.

I mean he is better than Mr. Bland 7-9 and he certainly has his pluses but he does nothing to fix his negatives (roller coaster emotionally, stubborness, foot-in-mouth syndrome, lack of discipline) and they get old after a while too.  Like CR says he just refuses to evolve...nothing in any of the first two weeks surprise long-time Rex watchers.

And watching his presser on the NFL network, sheesh he's definitely coming off as a sulky bully that got whipped at the schoolyard this week.  Didn't even take him two weeks to start going at it with the press there.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I mean he is better than Mr. Bland 7-9 and he certainly has his pluses but he does nothing to fix his negatives (roller coaster emotionally, stubborness, foot-in-mouth syndrome, lack of discipline) and they get old after a while too. Like CR says he just refuses to evolve...nothing in any of the first two weeks surprise long-time Rex watchers.

And watching his presser on the NFL network, sheesh he's definitely coming off as a sulky bully that got whipped at the schoolyard this week. Didn't even take him two weeks to start going at it with the press there.

I've always had a certain amount of respect for Rex and really thought he was going to eventually grow up as a coach, but not anymore. The guy will keep making the same mistakes over and over again, and that's really too bad, because I think there's a good head coach in there somewhere. But Rex will always get in his own way. Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

http://www.fandrop.us/pfr/tHTQPxnw6M

“This time of year there’s a lot of optimism around the NFL,” executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum said at a fan luncheon, via Salguero. “There’s a lot of headlines for a lot of different teams. I can tell you with certainty the difference between our optimism and the other 31 is our optimism is earned.”

So Mikey T, you still think the Fish are the only team that deserves to have confidence?  How's that one working out?

Same ol' AFC East...Jets can still beat Indy though. A 2-0 start for them at the Colts' expense would be pretty impressive.

Same ol' AFC East...Jets can still beat Indy though. A 2-0 start for them at the Colts' expense would be pretty impressive.

Yeah, the Dolphins are not a legitimate NFL team. Another Pats cake walk through the division.

I'm basically done with the Dolphins at this point. The organization is not serious about winning football games, from ownership, to the coaches, to the quarterback.

And then the Raiders went typical Raiders.  Baltimore has Cincinnati and Pittsburgh coming in a 5-day stretch.  Ravens have a lot of issues to sort out if they don't want to be 1-3 by October.

And then the Ravens defense went to stupid and allowed the Raiders to drive 80 yards in 1:00 to win the game.  Ravens in real danger of going 0-4 to begin the season with still another 2-game west coast road-trip to come in October (@SF, @AZ).  Its amazing how much positive press this team has received when they've been dreadful on the road for a decade.

And then the Ravens defense went to stupid and allowed the Raiders to drive 80 yards in 1:00 to win the game. Ravens in real danger of going 0-4 to begin the season with still another 2-game west coast road-trip to come in October (@SF, @AZ). Its amazing how much positive press this team has received when they've been dreadful on the road for a decade.

It helps when you win Super Bowls and usually make the playoffs. So when Tannejoke and Failbin apologists point to the Ravens being 0-2, just keep that in mind.