Rumor: Travis Zajac being shopped to Toronto

Biggie B

Per rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger is reporting that the New Jersey Devils have made a trade offer that would land center Travis Zajac in Toronto.

This could make sense as Toronto GM Lou Lamoriello was with the Devils for 28 years and knows their players inside and out. A couple of players have been mentioned in return including Nazem Kadri and James van Riemsdyk, but not both. Zajac had only 11 goals and 25 points in 74 games last season and has not been the same player since missing most of the 2011-12 season with injury. Stay tuned.

Edited by Biggie B

Doesn't make a ton of sense for a rebuilding team to trade for Zajac, unless Lou still believes that a team is never rebuilding under any circumstances. 

The only other thing that I can think of is that it would involve a big salary going back to the Devils, maybe Lupul, or possibly Phaneuf. 

if it comes to be - JVR please and no bozak please

I believe Bozak is hated by analytics types, which Shero seems to be into.  So I doubt he's the center piece of any deal, or at least I pray that he isn't. 

EDIT:  So I actually read the Ledger article that's cited.  It's classic Chere click bait.  He's basically repackaged the Friedman piece and made it appear as if it is original reporting on his part. 

Edited by Daniel

but really "say" Zajac WOULD be traded to Toronto... Chere's haters would just go silent and not give him any credits lol 

that's not saying that i like him or support the rumour. Just saying some people will never win that they are right or wrong.

I'd trade zajac in a second if we can get JVR in return though

Can't see why TO would trade JVR for Zajac without us adding something significant, but I think Kadri just signed a one year extension so he might not be in their long term plans. But then I think we'd have to take money back somehow.

Probably just a bunch of bullsh!t anyway. Can't see Shannahan letting Lou make a trade for Zajac either.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

It's an exciting thing to think about but there's been so many changes but still a lot missing from this club. We have yet to fill that giant scoring gap that left us after 2012. being Kovy and Parise checking out and then I mean i know im going to get bashed but Clarky put up 30 goals his last season with us which is more than i can say for 75% of our squad for the last 2 years and some of them you can combine both years and still not hit that.. We need more scoring. I'm happy we're giving these young guys a chance and hopefully some of them can come through for us but we still just have a giant hole in putting pucks in the net consistently.    

but really "say" Zajac WOULD be traded to Toronto... Chere's haters would just go silent and not give him any credits lol

that's not saying that i like him or support the rumour. Just saying some people will never win that they are right or wrong.

I'd trade zajac in a second if we can get JVR in return though

It doesn't matter if the trade actually materializes. It's clear that there was no original reporting by Chere and he's just guessing who the Devils would be interested in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This involves Lou, there's no way this was real and got leaked.

It's a brave new world in Toronto, both for the franchise and for Lou. Lou can't operate under the radar anymore over there, and he has bosses and a team to work with; meaning, things will get leaked. It's not New Jersey up there, with 2 beat reporters and a cardboard cut-out covering the team, and Lou doesn't hold the reigns.

Edited by DJ Eco