Press conference with Marty on Tuesday

MrBreeze

Did anybody else use seat geek to get their tickets? I got an email this evening that said their system had a critical error and the tickets I purchased (and had my credit card charged for) were not available. Guess they saw the demand and decided to have an "error."

I'm insanely pissed off and disappointed. I was gonna surprise my dad with these tickets as a thank you for the hundreds of games he took me to growing up. I'm still going to find a way to get them because any price is worth it to me, but fvck, I thought I got a deal.

Did anybody else use seat geek to get their tickets? I got an email this evening that said their system had a critical error and the tickets I purchased (and had my credit card charged for) were not available. Guess they saw the demand and decided to have an "error."

I'm insanely pissed off and disappointed. I was gonna surprise my dad with these tickets as a thank you for the hundreds of games he took me to growing up. I'm still going to find a way to get them because any price is worth it to me, but fvck, I thought I got a deal.

That bullsh!t happened to me as well.  I had 2 tickets for $80 each for that game then I get that stupid email and the prices are $400 at that point.  fvcking nonsense.

I ended up getting the 03 pack for like 225 for all 4 games.  Gotta be in the building for that ceremony.  

Thanks and I just downloaded and saved the PDF. I am assuming I should be in the clear now and the buyer can't pull it or void the barcode right?

Should be fine, I also ordered tickets for this game off stubhub cause I wanted to sit closer then my season tickets are for the ceremony.

I've never had issues with stubhub and if the buyer does try to pull something with the tickets stubhub will take care of it and replace the tickets.

Most sellers don't do any of those things because stubhub will go after them.

Good to hear and I will not be happy if I get there and the code won't scan.  Won't be the end of the world since I would get my money back, but will be annoyed.

This happened to my friend at an NFC title game a few years ago. If I remember correctly, within 20 minutes, they refunded him AND got him replacement tickets that were better than the original ones he got. Don't know how it works, but they sorted it out for him. Also, the seller is required to have their credit card setup with StubHub so they can royally screw him if he pulls a stunt like that.

This happened to my friend at an NFC title game a few years ago. If I remember correctly, within 20 minutes, they refunded him AND got him replacement tickets that were better than the original ones he got. Don't know how it works, but they sorted it out for him. Also, the seller is required to have their credit card setup with StubHub so they can royally screw him if he pulls a stunt like that.

That's good to hear.  I am seeing more and more stories on FB and other message boards of people who bought through smaller resellers and they are getting notices that their tickets are not available.

Even one person said that they got a 6-game plan on Monday that included the 2/9 game and it was all paid for and he got the tickets delivered to him.  He said then this morning he gets a call from the Devils saying he either has to pay more for the 2/9 game or his ticket will be voided.

That's good to hear.  I am seeing more and more stories on FB and other message boards of people who bought through smaller resellers and they are getting notices that their tickets are not available.

Even one person said that they got a 6-game plan on Monday that included the 2/9 game and it was all paid for and he got the tickets delivered to him.  He said then this morning he gets a call from the Devils saying he either has to pay more for the 2/9 game or his ticket will be voided.

That is a load of BS and I would look into legal recourse if that is indeed the facts of the story

He actually put out an update to his story about the 6-game pack.  He asked the ticket rep on the phone to forward him the part in the deal where the Devils have the right to do this so he can forward it to his lawyer for review.  He said within an hour he got a call back saying he has the tickets and won't have to pay additional fees.

If this story is true that is a load of bull that he had to go through this ordeal.  Leaks happen like it did on Monday with the game date and they should just suck it up for tickets sold before they got jacked up.  Glad it ended well for the buyer.

Edited by DevsMan84

He actually put out an update to his story about the 6-game pack.  He asked the ticket rep on the phone to forward him the part in the deal where the Devils have the right to do this so he can forward it to his lawyer for review.  He said within an hour he got a call back saying he has the tickets and won't have to pay additional fees.

If this story is true that is a load of bull that he had to go through this ordeal.  Leaks happen like it did on Monday with the game date and they should just suck it up for tickets sold before they got jacked up.  Glad it ended well for the buyer.

Talked to mgmt yesterday and they said ANYONE (i assume people+groups) will be Grandfathered in with the price they originally paid.  Typical Devils marketing

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Just an update on my last post... I have 54 tickets, way more than i previously thought.

Obviously the people from my church would get first dibs, but if/when I have some left to sell, I will list them on here a week or two before the game so some real fans have a chance to see Devils history.

Hey,

I'll definitely take a pair if you have some left over. Me and my wife want to be there, but I can't afford the insane prices that tickets are at right now. Let me know either way. Thanks, Paul

Just an update on my last post... I have 54 tickets, way more than i previously thought.

Obviously the people from my church would get first dibs, but if/when I have some left to sell, I will list them on here a week or two before the game so some real fans have a chance to see Devils history.

54?? Good God almighty....hey put me on the list too if you have any left to spare!

I can't imagine that 6 game pack story is true.

when i bought my 7 game package the sales rep "suggested" i buy the 2/9 game against edm. and i did... no issues with this whole thing that other people are reporting..not sure how the devils would be able to justify withdrawing that game from people like that who bought them in advance in a package.. just so happened to work out in our favor.

We do the church outing every year and my mom bought 54 for 2/9 back when tickets first went on sale, it was the only night she could do it.  We just got lucky.  I will keep your names in mind for when I have extras.  I have a group of 8 seats in the nosebleeds that will definitely be sold separate from the chuch tickets, so I will definitely let you guys get those when the time comes.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I looked at Stubhub the day before the announcement and tickets were about $60, wasn't sure that would be the game, so didn't pull the trigger.  The morning of the announcement I heard more and more that it would be 2/9, so I tried to get a 6 game plan with the 2/9 game included, and it didn't have a place to enter my information on their website.  They had live chat option so I started a chat and they told me to call.  I called and spoke to the rep, and he said he was going to the announcement now and would call me later, because some things might change after the announcement.  I said I was going to the announcement as well, and he said he would call me and we could meet to talk.  I was trying to get 5 games for the cheapest price, and would get a better seat for the Oilers game, after I met him he told me all the tickets would need to be the same group, so I said fine and told him I would take the cheap seats for all 6 games I chose.  Gave him my credit card and he said he would go back to his desk and verify the games, and call me back.  He didn't call back till later that night and left me a message to call him as soon as possible.  I called early that next morning and he told me that since I didn't confirm with him yesterday, that most of the seats were gone, and he would have to check what was left over.  I told him I did confirm and gave you all the games I wanted and the credit card number.  He called about an hour later and told me the only option left was the club seats for the 4 game Marty pack and would cost me $1,600, he said the other option was the Membership program which I think was over $2,000.  I hung up the phone on him.  I tweeted Hugh Weber about it since he seems to be on Twitter 24/7, but he never responded yesterday.  I used to buy partial packages, now I stick with buying tickets for the games I can make, but after this incident really soured me on giving them more money.  They finally have a game everyone wants to see and they are trying to milk every last dollar.  I know that they are a business and need to make money, but just the way the rep handled the whole situation was really bad.  He didn't want to hear from me when I told him that $1,600 was out of my price range for 4 games.

I looked at Stubhub the day before the announcement and tickets were about $60, wasn't sure that would be the game, so didn't pull the trigger.  The morning of the announcement I heard more and more that it would be 2/9, so I tried to get a 6 game plan with the 2/9 game included, and it didn't have a place to enter my information on their website.  They had live chat option so I started a chat and they told me to call.  I called and spoke to the rep, and he said he was going to the announcement now and would call me later, because some things might change after the announcement.  I said I was going to the announcement as well, and he said he would call me and we could meet to talk.  I was trying to get 5 games for the cheapest price, and would get a better seat for the Oilers game, after I met him he told me all the tickets would need to be the same group, so I said fine and told him I would take the cheap seats for all 6 games I chose.  Gave him my credit card and he said he would go back to his desk and verify the games, and call me back.  He didn't call back till later that night and left me a message to call him as soon as possible.  I called early that next morning and he told me that since I didn't confirm with him yesterday, that most of the seats were gone, and he would have to check what was left over.  I told him I did confirm and gave you all the games I wanted and the credit card number.  He called about an hour later and told me the only option left was the club seats for the 4 game Marty pack and would cost me $1,600, he said the other option was the Membership program which I think was over $2,000.  I hung up the phone on him.  I tweeted Hugh Weber about it since he seems to be on Twitter 24/7, but he never responded yesterday.  I used to buy partial packages, now I stick with buying tickets for the games I can make, but after this incident really soured me on giving them more money.  They finally have a game everyone wants to see and they are trying to milk every last dollar.  I know that they are a business and need to make money, but just the way the rep handled the whole situation was really bad.  He didn't want to hear from me when I told him that $1,600 was out of my price range for 4 games.

It sounds to me like you're the victim of phone tag, on a day where 400-1000 of this guy's season ticket accounts were probably blowing up his phone over the same thing.

This is probably the most in-demand game the Devils have played since SCF Game 7 in 2003 or ECF Game 6 in 2012 (maybe). I know it sucks, but I wouldn't take it too personally. You're "trying to give them your money" but so are 200,000 other long-time Devils fans around the country, some who are flying in from overseas for this ceremony.

That being said, the rep obviously handled it badly. 

Edited by DJ Eco