Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

Please take off your blue-colored Rangers glasses when it comes to Kreider.  I have heard plenty of Rangers fans tell us we are looking through Devils-red colored glasses about Lemieux long enough.

Yeah both players are great when you have them on your team, but let's call them for what they are: dirty players. 

Please take off your blue-colored Rangers glasses when it comes to Kreider. I have heard plenty of Rangers fans tell us we are looking through Devils-red colored glasses about Lemieux long enough.

Yeah both players are great when you have them on your team, but let's call them for what they are: dirty players.

Nah man. Kreider isn't dirty, he just pushes the envelope brah. Plays on the edge brah. Gritty brah. [emoji57] Look, the guy's a scumbag. And if the league doesn't do something about him the next time he pulls one of his scumbag moves, rest assured someone on another team will. Edited by MadDog2020

You're nuts. Torres is the dirtiest player since Cooke and deserves to be tossed at this point. All the suspensions and he still hasn't learned. You just don't like Kreider. Granted. He does push the envelope. He could've been fined or suspended once or twice. However, that underscores the kind of player he is. A physically gifted power forward with speed, skill and edge. Those are hard to find. You used to root for guys like that when the Devils were good. Claude Lemieux comes to mind. Bill Guerin even though most of his success came after he was dealt. Bobby Holik pushed the envelope quite a bit but was revered for helping them win Cups. There's no difference except Kreider plays for the enemy. 

If he were traded midseason for cap purposes or restocking the farm (obviously won't happen, this is just hypothetical), the narrative out of Rangers fans' mouths would change so hard and so fast about the kid.

It took one offseason for Rangers fans to hate Brandon Prust and call him a "scumbag" and a "dirty player"; and Brandon Prust is not really a dirty player. Chris Kreider is a true scumbag. Most of the league's fans don't hate the kid because they're jealous or soft, they hate the kid because he's a scumbag.

And in today's NHL, retaliating, enforcing and punching his lights out after a dirty play lands the opposing team's player with a nice fat and costly suspension. The kid has never had to answer for his actions, whether from Player Safety or an opposing team. It's a phenomenon, really, and I don't understand it.

Edited by DJ Eco

These are 6 high profile incidents.

There are many players faster than Kreider. There are many players bigger than Kreider. There are many players who play a similar power forward game as Kreider. And nobody, not NOBODY in the league has this extent of a highlight reel as it pertains to running into goaltenders; and he's only 24. I'm sorry, but it's indefensible, he isn't some uniquely skilled player. Many players have the skill sets he has, and none of those players play with the kind of recklessness that Kreider does when he's hurling away toward a goaltender. He's not some unlucky creature of circumstance, he knows damn well what he's doing, and the impact he has on the game when he does it.

And if an opposing player did to Lundqvist what Kreider did in the Anderson and Halak situations, in particular, Rangerstown would have that player's head on a pitchfork.

Edited by DJ Eco

There are many players faster than Kreider. There are many players bigger than Kreider. There are many players who play a similar power forward game as Kreider. And nobody, not NOBODY in the league has this extent of a highlight reel as it pertains to running into goaltenders; and he's only 24. I'm sorry, but it's indefensible, he isn't some uniquely skilled player. Many players have the skill sets he has, and none of those players play with the kind of recklessness that Kreider does when he's hurling away toward a goaltender. He's not some unlucky creature of circumstance, he knows damn well what he's doing, and the impact he has on the game when he does it.

And if an opposing player did to Lundqvist what Kreider did in the Anderson and Halak situations, in particular, Rangerstown would have that player's head on a pitchfork.

It's not worth much to argue with a fanbase established in 2013. What do these trend jumping Rangers fans actually know about the game or how it should be played? It's a fanbase that indiscriminately supports anything that's advantageous to their team and cries foul whenever their defensemen trip over the blueline. It's like a child whose dad said "we like the blue team", and they spend 60 minutes yelling for the blue team, knowing little about what is actually happening. Which is great when you're 6. They'll be doing the same thing in orange and blue in a few years when the Isles are a first place team and the Rangers are mediocre. Just don't bother. Let them run out of energy. They will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIGUQq9RDQ

great video. And man those announcers are INFURIATING to listen to

lmao at comparing Krieder to Torres who was disciplined how many times previously? and can't play worth a sh!t on a good day.   The inferiority complex is just sad here at times.  Rangers always get away with everything while presumably I guess the devils get screwed, I guess??. It's comical that nobody here that I recall had an issue with Claude.  

I know you can't have enough small unsized forwards, that's worked out so well over that last decade.

Edited by titans04

lmao at comparing Krieder to Torres who was disciplined how many times previously? and can't play worth a sh!t on a good day. The inferiority complex is just sad here at times. Rangers always get away with everything while presumably I guess the devils get screwed, I guess??. It's comical that nobody here that I recall had an issue with Claude.

I know you can't have enough small unsized forwards, that's worked out so well over that last decade.

7308b8fc163ebedf3bc1bd3462d0ead3.jpg

lmao at comparing Krieder to Torres who was disciplined how many times previously? and can't play worth a sh!t on a good day.   The inferiority complex is just sad here at times.  Rangers always get away with everything while presumably I guess the devils get screwed, I guess??. It's comical that nobody here that I recall had an issue with Claude.  

lol.  Kreider goals per game, career .24, Torres goals per game .22.  But that Ranger hype machine got to you.

That said that video is a joke - it starts out with a play where you have to be wearing anti-Ranger glasses to blame Kreider at all.

Bullsh!t penalties called in the game tonight. Yandle should have been given 2 for roughing and an extra 2 for slashing, but alas the announcer pretty much gave away what the NHL hopes for: A Chicago-New York SCF

Rags also got a break on what should have been the tying goal being waved off because the ref lost sight of the puck and pulled a quick whistle.

The Rangers- the team that drops confetti and sets off fireworks after winning a first round playoff series- were annoyed the Blackhawks banner ceremony took too long: http://deadspin.com/the-rangers-were-annoyed-that-the-blackhawks-banner-cer-1735396899?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm pretty sure the '94 banner ceremony has been going on for 21 years, so they have quite the nerve...

The Rangers- the team that drops confetti and sets off fireworks after winning a first round playoff series- were annoyed the Blackhawks banner ceremony took too long: http://deadspin.com/the-rangers-were-annoyed-that-the-blackhawks-banner-cer-1735396899?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I'm pretty sure the '94 banner ceremony has been going on for 21 years, so they have quite the nerve...

It's beyond quite the nerve.  They have massive balls to say that after this sh!t:

messiercrying1.jpg

crying_MarkMessier.jpg

I have a bold prediction: Evander Kane is going to be absolutely beast mode this year, top 5 in goals and maybe points.

Looking at StubHub you'd think they would be a bit more excitement for the Islanders in Brooklyn but the price to get in the building against the Predators is cheaper then the Tuesday game with the Devils.

I read yesterday they reached 8,000 season tickets sold. That's really not that good, in my opinion, considering the hype and above all, the ease that they should've been able to push corporate accounts. Not to mention, it's not too far off to predict them as one of the top teams in the East by season's end.

That's less season tickets sold than the New York Red Bulls (soccer), and *I think* less than the Devils (we're at 9000-10,000?).

Edited by DJ Eco

Nah man. Kreider isn't dirty, he just pushes the envelope brah. Plays on the edge brah. Gritty brah. [emoji57] Look, the guy's a scumbag. And if the league doesn't do something about him the next time he pulls one of his scumbag moves, rest assured someone on another team will.

Calling him a scumbag is over the top. But normal response here. What's the difference between how he plays and how Holik did? 

If he were traded midseason for cap purposes or restocking the farm (obviously won't happen, this is just hypothetical), the narrative out of Rangers fans' mouths would change so hard and so fast about the kid.

It took one offseason for Rangers fans to hate Brandon Prust and call him a "scumbag" and a "dirty player"; and Brandon Prust is not really a dirty player. Chris Kreider is a true scumbag. Most of the league's fans don't hate the kid because they're jealous or soft, they hate the kid because he's a scumbag.

And in today's NHL, retaliating, enforcing and punching his lights out after a dirty play lands the opposing team's player with a nice fat and costly suspension. The kid has never had to answer for his actions, whether from Player Safety or an opposing team. It's a phenomenon, really, and I don't understand it.

And those fans would be wrong. Too many of today's fans are fair weather. The amount of crying I've seen over Callahan is sad. Prust's hit on Stepan was bad. It doesn't change my mind on the kind of player he is. I still like him. Again, what makes a player a "scumbag." Or is this just anti-Ranger bias? 

I agree that he could've been fined or suspended and even did a post on one such instance. 

lol.  Kreider goals per game, career .24, Torres goals per game .22.  But that Ranger hype machine got to you.

That said that video is a joke - it starts out with a play where you have to be wearing anti-Ranger glasses to blame Kreider at all.

They hype their players. That is true. That's MSG for you. Kreider should score 30 and put up 60 points this year. If he doesn't, it's a fail.

I've seen all the videos and replays enough times. And I only got on him twice. The Brodin hit from behind and Halak. He should've been fined or suspended for the Brodin hit. If it continues, then I'll agree. He's been in the league 2 full years. Not 6-7 like Lucic or Torres who just doesn't belong in hockey. Let's see if Kreider can go a season without any controversial incidents.