Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

I said they were bad in that game. They've averaged 29.6 in their previous six, so it's not like they forgot how to get shots on goal. They'll be fine when the percentages even out.

I was commenting directly on that game, I have no doubt they'll end up one of the top teams in the west.

The Ducks being this bad is really a shocker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really blows; I was counting on Getzlaf being a linchpin on my fantasy team but he's been my worst performer haha.. Same with Kopitar. Holding on because their numbers can only get better, right?... RIGHT?

Edited by DJ Eco

Sportsnet in Canada dropped a huge bomb in the last few days, as the network reported that the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Calgary Flames have had trade discussions involving superstar forward Steven Stamkos.

Centre Sam Bennett is said to be the central piece of any possible deal, along with Sean Monahan and any combination of Dennis Wideman, Kris Russell and Jiri Hudler. With the Flames off to a horrible 1-5-0 start this season, the team is willing to do something incredibly drastic to shake things up for his club.

If they tried to re-sign him and that he's not willing to sign before trade deadline it sucks but this is what they have to do, can't take the risk there.

Sportsnet in Canada dropped a huge bomb in the last few days, as the network reported that the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Calgary Flames have had trade discussions involving superstar forward Steven Stamkos.

Centre Sam Bennett is said to be the central piece of any possible deal, along with Sean Monahan and any combination of Dennis Wideman, Kris Russell and Jiri Hudler. With the Flames off to a horrible 1-5-0 start this season, the team is willing to do something incredibly drastic to shake things up for his club.

If they tried to re-sign him and that he's not willing to sign before trade deadline it sucks but this is what they have to do, can't take the risk there.

Oh man, if that's on the table and I'm Tampa Bay Lightning, I'd take it right away. Those kids are gonna be straight up studs. Stamkos is amazing, but I think Calgary gets a little worse after a trade like that. Not sure Stamkos solves any problems they currently have. They overachieved last year and are regressing, that doesn't mean they're not well setup to be a great team in a few years.

Oh man, if that's on the table and I'm Tampa Bay Lightning, I'd take it right away. Those kids are gonna be straight up studs. Stamkos is amazing, but I think Calgary gets a little worse after a trade like that. Not sure Stamkos solves any problems they currently have. They overachieved last year and are regressing, that doesn't mean they're not well setup to be a great team in a few years.

I completely agree. I heard this a few days ago and thought that it couldn't be real. The last thing Calgary should do is ship out their young talent.

Also, can't multiquote, but I feel your pain with Getzlaf. Thankfully he wasn't my first round pick I was leaning on for my points like he was last year, I went off script when he was on the board in round 3. Still, no goals from your third rounder is likely to land you in the basement.

With Giordano and Hamilton on the back end, adding a player like Stamkos would make them deadly. Him and Johnny hockey would be great to watch as well.

Hamilton`s play is one of a key problem of today calgary

he made mistakes and play agaist pottom 6

he was good in offense but he made some work for his pair guys in boston. he isn`t good in offense today

Also, can't multiquote, but I feel your pain with Getzlaf. Thankfully he wasn't my first round pick I was leaning on for my points like he was last year, I went off script when he was on the board in round 3. Still, no goals from your third rounder is likely to land you in the basement.

Yeah, same here; got him in the 2nd round. All my sleeper picks are killing it though, so luckily I'm 3-0; Getzlaf playing even remotely well would put me over the top though.

The Ducks being this bad is really a shocker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They played better last night. Perry had 7 or 8 shots and was robbed by Crawford in the 3rd. He looked to the ceiling. That's the way it's going for them. Toews with just a nasty winner in the 3 on 3 derby. 

I traded for Getzlaf for fantasy and he's sucking. I am flabbergasted.

Yeah, same here; got him in the 2nd round. All my sleeper picks are killing it though, so luckily I'm 3-0; Getzlaf playing even remotely well would put me over the top though.

My sleepers blew up in my face, as per usual. Bo Horvat has one point and Lance Bouma played like 2 games before hurting himself. And I was high on Marko Dano from the end of last season, and was pretty proud of myself when he ended up on sleeper lists. But I'm in the school of leagues are won on the waiver wire.

Use this thread for happenings around the NHL, but if something is really big, feel free to start a thread about it.

Starting it off (and I did struggle if this was worthy of its own thread) we've got BREAKING news regarding Jaromir Jagr:

45]

User Actions FollowMSLItMo5_bigger.jpgGeorge RichardsVerified account@GeorgeRichards

BREAKING FASHION NEWS: .@68Jagr says he's growing his hair, bringing back the mullet. 'I have to.' #FlaPanthers

6 goals, 4 assists in 9 games. That old man is superhuman.

Took a quick glimpse at the Rangers' schedule October and November. It's unreal how easy their schedule was to start this season, and it keeps rolling til mid/late-November. I thought maybe I'm biased but ESPN agrees, has them, Ottawa and Detroit as the three easiest schedules (strength of schedules 0.499, 0.494 and 0.480) leaguewide. 

Edited by DJ Eco

Tonight, the Rangers host the Caps for the first of five meetings. A rematch minus the anxiety. Kuznetsov in a starring role for Washington alongside Russian comrade Ovechkin and Oshie. Williams paying off so far with Backstrom and Johansson. Plus whenever these teams get together, it's the definition of true rivalry. Ovechkin and Lundqvist. Looking forward to this one.

I wish there was more animosity between the rags and caps. After all of these playoffs series it is has always been very tamed.

There was a bit of edginess to the early portion. Ovechkin came out hitting everyone delivering a big check on Staal. Staal retaliated a few shifts later with an undetected spear. Ovi scored of course but also got caught out for an extended shift which led to Brassard setting up Klein for the winner early in the second. That proved to be pivotal because the Rangers only got one more shot in the second. Also a goal from Brassard on another Cap mistake. The Caps owned the play 14-2 in the 2nd but only beat Lundqvist once on a Johansson redirect in front. Henrik has been money so far. Holtby had an off night.

Of course, the Caps whined after the 5-2 loss with Trotz complaining about the Rangers using "delay tactics" during back-to-back-to-back icings which forced Vigneault to use a timeout to rest tired players. It sounded like sour grapes. I really hate the new challenge rule where you have to use your timeout, It's ridiculous. If you win a challenge, you should still have a timeout. 

ICYMI...Seguin's happy return to Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTWIQleE2M