Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

McDavid out for an 'extended period' according to the alert I had on my phone when I woke up. Hurt his shoulder last night. http://deadspin.com/connor-mcdavid-out-long-term-with-apparent-shoulder-i-1740464995?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by MadDog2020

McDavid out for an 'extended period' according to the alert I had on my phone when I woke up. Hurt his shoulder last night. http://deadspin.com/connor-mcdavid-out-long-term-with-apparent-shoulder-i-1740464995?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Went into the boards really hard, pretty scary.

Could've broken his neck had he gone in at a slightly different angle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I really hate the new challenge rule where you have to use your timeout, It's ridiculous. If you win a challenge, you should still have a timeout. 

Wait, I thought you only lose your timeout if you lose the challenge. You retain your timeout if you win the challenge.

where will the oilers slot in auston matthews next year?

You almost wonder whether the Oilers winning the number 1 pick gets secretly voided.  It's gotten that ridiculous where I imagine even some Oilers fans would kind of understand if that actually happened. 

where will the oilers slot in auston matthews next year?

Just absurd, how much talent has gone to waste in Edmonton.  

2010 - Taylor Hall, 1st Overall

2011 - RHN, 1st Overall

2012 - RHN, 1st Overall

2013 - Darnell Nurse, 7th Overall

2014 - Leon Draisaitl, 3rd Overall

2015 - Connor McDavid, 1st Overall

AND THEY'RE STILL fvckING TERRIBLE.

Christ I'd be fvcking ashamed if I were an Oilers fan.  That's just.. pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.

No. Closest we got is when Pitt tanked hard to get Mario. We also have never had a 50 goal scorer or 100pt player. Pretty wild considering the success we've had.

Pretty close in the Lindros year as well, albeit via a trade. We would have had #2 but for expansion (Sharks).

That was Niedermayer. Worked out ok.

Edited by mfitz804

Can you imagine if Edmonton won the lottery AGAIN? I honestly think people would riot outside the NHL offices if that happened lol.

If they win it again, it should be glaringly obvious that they're rigging drafts to get EDM to be good again. No one in the fvcking world has that much luck so fvcking often.

Just absurd, how much talent has gone to waste in Edmonton.  

2010 - Taylor Hall, 1st Overall

2011 - RNH, 1st Overall

2012 - Yakupov, 1st Overall

2013 - Darnell Nurse, 7th Overall

2014 - Leon Draisaitl, 3rd Overall

2015 - Connor McDavid, 1st Overall

AND THEY'RE STILL fvckING TERRIBLE.

Christ I'd be fvcking ashamed if I were an Oilers fan.  That's just.. pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.

Fixed those for you

If they win it again, it should be glaringly obvious that they're rigging drafts to get EDM to be good again. No one in the fvcking world has that much luck so fvcking often.

Fixed those for you

Thank you - didn't proofread it so that's what I get.

My point stands though - utter trash, that Edmonton management team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can you imagine if Edmonton won the lottery AGAIN? I honestly think people would riot outside the NHL offices if that happened lol.

I think there's very little doubt that the league would change the rules so that teams are limited in how many times they can draft one overall in a given period of time.

And, it would be proof positive that the lottery has never been rigged, not that I ever really thought that it was. From a league revenue standpoint, Edmonton is one of the last teams that it makes sense to somehow conspire to make a dynasty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's in nobody's interest but Chiarelli at this point for Edmonton to win the lottery.

If New Jersey or Philly won the lottery last season, I would've said it was rigged.

Yesterday in Helsinki.

CTE20PtWcAEADbw.png

I didn't want to start a new thread just for one photo. Photo credit: Pavel Lysenkov.

P.S. I miss you both.

I love how you can totally tell they are both making their best effort to "smile" even though they really don't want to be seen in the same photo. Marty is like "I guess I'll smile...."

Have the Devils ever had a 1st over all pick in the team's history?

As the Devils, no.

They did once have the first overall as the Rockies in 1979...they took defenseman Rob Ramage (he was traded in the '82 offseason when he refused to move to New Jersey). 

They've drafted second overall on a number of occasions through its franchise history:

1974, Scouts:  RW Wilf Paiement (first player ever selected by the franchise

1975, Scouts:  D Barry Dean

1977, Rockies:  D Barry Beck (scored a hat trick in his rookie season before claiming to have never notched one in his life)

1984, Devils:  C Kirk Muller

1987, Devils:  C Brendan Shanahan

And a few thirds:

1985, Devils:  D Craig Wolanin

1986, Devils:  C Neil Brady

1991, Devils:  D Scott Niedermayer

Of course, in 1981 a horrible decision made by the Rockies (they traded their 1983 first-rounder to the Islanders just before 1981-82 season, for D Bob Lorimer and F Dave Cameron) really came back to bite them in the ass...that traded pick, which wound up being 3rd overall, became Pat Lafontaine.  Ouch. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I also hope it's not bad. Really want Parise to get a cup. Love the guy still, even if I'm sad he's gone.

Mmm.. I hope for a long and prosperous career for him, but I won't shed a tear if he never gets his name on the cup.

Unless he does a reunion tour with us, of course :lol:

I love how you can totally tell they are both making their best effort to "smile" even though they really don't want to be seen in the same photo. Marty is like "I guess I'll smile...."

They were buddies during Kovy's time here though, weren't they?