Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

I'm with Rangers/Lundqvist on this one. Marchand kneed him in the head, simple as that. Did he embellish afterward? Slightly, possibly? Doesn't matter. Dirty play, and any team's fan would be livid after a play like this, if it weren't called.

I'm with Rangers/Lundqvist on this one. Marchand kneed him in the head, simple as that. Did he embellish afterward? Slightly, possibly? Doesn't matter. Dirty play, and any team's fan would be livid after a play like this, if it weren't called.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest.  Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum.  This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest.  Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum.  This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

Agreed, but in weighing the two, I give the goaltender (in this instance) the benefit of the doubt. There's a fine line between a blatant embellishment and throwing your head back as a knee-jerk reaction to getting tapped in the head, regardless of how hard (looked pretty hard). He's embellished pretty badly in the past but I don't put this one in that category.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest. Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum. This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

Exactly. fvck that whiny douche. 1cb5db6d16cc288bec6c13aad4163985.jpg

I feel fine to say he did embellished... mostly cause when Brodeur did it... i was not wearing blinders in denial saying he didn't dive and made excuses for him. And then trying to make a big deal out of it when a Rangers does it... 

i kind of hope it's the same case for everyone here lol 

I never thought Brodeur was that big of an embellisher or diver (though I wouldn't say it never ever happened).  I remember a lot of Ranger fans saying that they thought Marty was a crybaby (especially when it came to some of the Avery crap)...but if there's ever been a fanbase that definitely isn't impartial, it's that one.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I feel fine to say he did embellished... mostly cause when Brodeur did it... i was not wearing blinders in denial saying he didn't dive and made excuses for him. And then trying to make a big deal out of it when a Rangers does it...

i kind of hope it's the same case for everyone here lol

I love Marty, but he might as well have spent that 2008 series against the rangers in a swimming pool. He dove everytime anyone looked at him. It was so frustrating to watch.

well you guys are legit lol nothing wrong with admitting when your players does sh!tty stuff lol

I do think me being around Habs fans that much and you guys being around Rangers fans and seeing how homer they can be and hypocrite... it makes you think... "man i don't want to sound like that" and you're automatically a better fan for that haha and better fans make a better fanbase, it's contagious. 

Not saying he didn't do it, just that I don't remember him being as blatant about it as some others. 

I block out the 2008 series for many reasons...the opponent, the fact that the Devils actually let Avery get to them, Gomez hurting his old team with some points, the way Ranger fans completely took over the building during the Game 5 loss that eliminated the Devils...and being there for that disaster...fvcking horrible...

Not saying he didn't do it, just that I don't remember him being as blatant about it as some others.

I block out the 2008 series for many reasons...the opponent, the fact that the Devils actually let Avery get to them, Gomez hurting his old team with some points, the way Ranger fans completely took over the building during the Game 5 loss that eliminated the Devils...and being there for that disaster...fvcking horrible...

Ugh, I was there for game 5 in 2008 as well... It was BRUTAL. BUT it was more than made up for 4 years later getting to be there for Henrique It's Over. [emoji1] Edited by MadDog2020

Lundqvist embellishes. He isn't as excessive as Brodeur. But of course he tries to draw penalties. Marchand didn't have much room to get out of the way. It is what it is. it was nice to see Vigneault go after Julien. Next meeting against Boston is January 11. 

A big one tonight. The first ever Battle Of New York in Brooklyn. It will be interesting and weird.

Anyone else enjoying John Scott leading the all-star voting? I think is a great eye-opener for the NHL to change the format of the all-star fan voting selections. It's a complete mockery of this entire system, and I think we can all agree that it hasn't exactly been pleasant to the devils the past few years.  The thought of having John Scott out there in a 3 vs. 3 tourny while Bettman and the rest of the NHL watches is actually hilarious in my eyes. 

Thoughts?