Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

This is also true, it IS Edmonton we're talking about, and Edmonton is incredibly stupid. I know Fayne is overpaid, but I'd be surprised if someone didn't claim him.

It doesn't make sense for anyone to claim him.  I'd be amazed if he were claimed.  If Edmonton's willing to waive him, it means they almost certainly have to be thinking about buying him out next summer, so picking him up at full price is just poor GMing.  Edmonton should have to pick up some percentage of his salary to move him.

Spot on. Shero's biggest changes have come off the ice rather than on it. For the most part these are still Lou's players.

I'm starting to see some concerning aspects when it comes to Hynes. Specifically, our team's trouble with a heavy forecheck. This doesn't make sense, as our strength is our ability to skate the puck out of the d-zone. To me this screams a tactical change of sorts must be made.

This is now the third time you have come back to this forum after being banned twice.  Last time you pledged your support for the Leafs when Lou left.

Why come back again beetlebum / WDA?

It doesn't make sense for anyone to claim him.  I'd be amazed if he were claimed.  If Edmonton's willing to waive him, it means they almost certainly have to be thinking about buying him out next summer, so picking him up at full price is just poor GMing.  Edmonton should have to pick up some percentage of his salary to move him.

Yeah but that takes a chance you won't get him.

Yeah but that takes a chance you won't get him.

This isn't a chance.  Fayne is a player on a big multi-year contract.  These players slide right through waivers.

The Oilers almost certainly have tried to trade him before resorting to this move.  They already said they were going to assign him to Bakersfield afterwards.

Rags tied it up late, only to have Edmonton score the winner right after. Outstanding. [emoji122]

They're showing signs of decline. That wasn't a game. It was a mess. Our "top pair" was on for five goals against each. McDonagh and Girardi can't be paired together against super skilled fast teams like Edmonton. Way too fast. The Hall line with Draisaitl destroyed them. Girardi's decline has been sad to watch. McDonagh isn't the same guy since the injuries (shoulder and foot). Something is off. He's much easier to beat. Very inconsistent.

I had more on the Ranger issues prior to last night's ugly display. Vigneault is part of the problem. He is very stubborn. Kept sending out 27 and 5. At least he changed the lines. That at least worked. They're badly exposed without Klein. He's been their best D since last year. When he returns, he should pair with McDonagh. But will AV have the balls to bench Girardi? McIlrath has been solid. He and Yandle are the only reliable pair. They are big pluses in shot differential. Mac looks like the guy they drafted.

What a bad organization. They had the coach in their system and let him go. Devils and Shero look like geniuses.

Getting rid of Shero because of a choke job in the playoffs -- because that's obviously the GM's fault -- and then compounding it with hiring Rutherford was where it all started.

Can't tell you whether they'd have been any better off with Hynes. All I know is that Shero made some very good moves in the short time he's been here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting rid of Shero because of a choke job in the playoffs -- because that's obviously the GM's fault -- and then compounding it with hiring Rutherford was where it all started.

Can't tell you whether they'd have been any better off with Hynes. All I know is that Shero made some very good moves in the short time he's been here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More on the Pens firing and hiring. 

Another bad one. Saved by the awful Flames defense. At least I was able to do a real recap. All the games they've played the past 2-3 years are catching up. Girardi is burnt out. He needs to sit. Vigneault says his team isn't fragile. He's lying. The system is broken. Fun 3 on 3 with those Flames. Gaudreau is something special. Poor man's Patrick Kane. 

It will be interesting to see where Pittsburgh goes from here. Can't keep wasting the primes of Malkin and Crosby but they've already traded away most of their assets and they still have so many holes in that lineup. It may be another year or two until they make the decision but I think they're eventually going to need to trade Malkin in a quality for quantity type move.

It will be interesting to see where Pittsburgh goes from here. Can't keep wasting the primes of Malkin and Crosby but they've already traded away most of their assets and they still have so many holes in that lineup. It may be another year or two until they make the decision but I think they're eventually going to need to trade Malkin in a quality for quantity type move.

Trading for Kessel was a huge mistake in my opinion.They should've let Kapanen develop and kept their pick this year. The problem with their superstar-clad lineup wasn't that it needed another superstar. They needed to put pieces around them.

I'll never think mortgaging the future for a producing piece is a good idea. Let your young guys compliment your stars now and fill into top rolls when their time comes, however that might be. Throwing talent on a roster isn't how to win in the NHL.

They're showing signs of decline. That wasn't a game. It was a mess. Our "top pair" was on for five goals against each. McDonagh and Girardi can't be paired together against super skilled fast teams like Edmonton. Way too fast. The Hall line with Draisaitl destroyed them. Girardi's decline has been sad to watch. McDonagh isn't the same guy since the injuries (shoulder and foot). Something is off. He's much easier to beat. Very inconsistent.

I had more on the Ranger issues prior to last night's ugly display. Vigneault is part of the problem. He is very stubborn. Kept sending out 27 and 5. At least he changed the lines. That at least worked. They're badly exposed without Klein. He's been their best D since last year. When he returns, he should pair with McDonagh. But will AV have the balls to bench Girardi? McIlrath has been solid. He and Yandle are the only reliable pair. They are big pluses in shot differential. Mac looks like the guy they drafted.

Girardi can't be paired with anyone, he's far and away the worst top pairing defeseman in the NHL. He's at or near the bottom of numerous advanced metrics. And McDonagh puts up significantly better figures when he's on the ice with anyone else. He'd probably have an easier time playing with 4 forwards by himself in the back.

• Like 1