Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

Blandisi is special, so why don't we cut the waste and send down Kennedy? Bring in Queenville in his place? 

And i saw that the SJS are goalie hunting, looking to possibly get rid of Stalock. Would they even consider a Kinkaid/ Gelinas or Dmen for a young forward since they have plenty?

Who would the Devils have as their backup goalie then?  Danis?  Take Stalock back and hope he somehow regains his 2013-14 form? 

It gives Keith the chance to earn a starting role

This doesn't address anything I asked in my post.  Kinkaid has been a decent backup in two seasons here and makes very little money, so why should the Devils want to trade him?  Especially if there's no one obvious to take his place? 

26-year-old Martin Jones (45 starts with San Jose this season) has been pretty good as of late, so why should Kinkaid get a shot to take Jones' job away from him when Jones isn't doing anything to lose his job?  Kinkaid's only shot to become a starter right now will be if Cory gets hurt.  I don't think Kinkaid has shown so much in his appearances that suddenly he needs to get a shot to start for some other team, as though he's being held back.  It's not like he's some top prospect...but he may have a nice career in the NHL as a longtime backup.  Not everyone can do it...it takes a special skillset to be able to not play for several days and even weeks at a time, then be asked to go in here and there and succeed.  If Kinkaid finishes up this season well and has a strong year next season, then who knows...maybe he signs somewhere else as a UFA where the goalie situation is more muddled.  But I don't see a need to rush to move him right now. 

Well, there was a great game between the Red Wings and Bruins earlier. Teams combined for 11 goals with Detroit winning 6-5. Datsyuk put on a show with 2 PPG's and a assist. He still is awesome. I wonder where Russian hockey fans rank him. I love him. Datsyuk is my favorite player. Such fine attention to detail. Over plus-200 for his career. Future Hall of Famer. Hope he is okay too. Left in last minute with injury off icing. And begged ref to let him off. And he was hurt. 

Now, the main event. How do the Rangers handle Simmonds? Glass fired a warning shot. I definitely feel there needs to be a response. He concussed McDonagh with a gloved punch. Even if Mac did a equally dangerous thing cross checking him to the head. So, what will they do? Personally, I'd line up McIlrath vs Simmonds to start and settle it quickly. Then go about the business of winning on the scoreboard and further damaging the Flyers' playoff chances. You never know with this coach. It's not a tough Rangers' team. It isn't coached by Tort like 2012 with the whole line brawl. I'm definitely more excited for this game. Hope it doesn't disappoint. 

This doesn't address anything I asked in my post.  Kinkaid has been a decent backup in two seasons here and makes very little money, so why should the Devils want to trade him?  Especially if there's no one obvious to take his place? 

26-year-old Martin Jones (45 starts with San Jose this season) has been pretty good as of late, so why should Kinkaid get a shot to take Jones' job away from him when Jones isn't doing anything to lose his job?  Kinkaid's only shot to become a starter right now will be if Cory gets hurt.  I don't think Kinkaid has shown so much in his appearances that suddenly he needs to get a shot to start for some other team, as though he's being held back.  It's not like he's some top prospect...but he may have a nice career in the NHL as a longtime backup.  Not everyone can do it...it takes a special skillset to be able to not play for several days and even weeks at a time, then be asked to go in here and there and succeed.  If Kinkaid finishes up this season well and has a strong year next season, then who knows...maybe he signs somewhere else as a UFA where the goalie situation is more muddled.  But I don't see a need to rush to move him right now. 

Jones job is there for the taking, i just wanna see Kinkaid get a chance to start, i think he can do it but not here. 

This Rags-Phailures game has been crazy, two fights and a bunch of penalties early. May they annihilate each other...

It was fun. They gave a great response. McIlrath and Simmonds. Simmonds is tough. He took some shots but answered the bell. Glass and White. My favorite part. No shenanigans. Just 2 clean fights. Then hockey. And the Rangers played with purpose. The best thing that happened to them was Simmonds injuring McDonagh. It forced Vigneault to play Yandle. Yandle has stepped up and now must be re-signed.

Fun game to recap. Rangers avenge McDonagh in orderly fashion

• Like 1

Jones job is there for the taking, i just wanna see Kinkaid get a chance to start, i think he can do it but not here. 

Jones has put up a .928 save% in his last 14 starts.  If anything, after a rough December (.889 save%), he's solidified his hold on the job.  He certainly hasn't done anything to lose it.

Anyway, I stand by what I said before, re:  Kinkaid...a guy like him is going to have to be both patient AND lucky in trying to become some team's #1...sh!t, look how long Cory had to wait!  Kinkaid doesn't have much of a track record, and like I said, the Devils have no reason to trade him (unless it's as part of a package for a guy who can clearly help them going forward)...he fits a need for the Devils and is getting paid the equivalent of NHL pennies to do it. 

It was fun. They gave a great response. McIlrath and Simmonds. Simmonds is tough. He took some shots but answered the bell. Glass and White. My favorite part. No shenanigans. Just 2 clean fights. Then hockey. And the Rangers played with purpose. The best thing that happened to them was Simmonds injuring McDonagh. It forced Vigneault to play Yandle. Yandle has stepped up and now must be re-signed.

Fun game to recap. Rangers avenge McDonagh in orderly fashion

Still as down on the Rangers as you were?  They've recovered nicely (much as I hate to say it).

Like the Devils, their schedule gets rough...a West Coast trip and, starting with the Devils on 2/23, they play 11 out of 16 on the road (the Devils also have an 11-out-of-16 on the road stretch coming up). 

Still as down on the Rangers as you were?  They've recovered nicely (much as I hate to say it).

Like the Devils, their schedule gets rough...a West Coast trip and, starting with the Devils on 2/23, they play 11 out of 16 on the road (the Devils also have an 11-out-of-16 on the road stretch coming up). 

Ha. I'm not sure what kinda team they are. But the injuries to Nash and McDonagh forced the coach to settle on lines. Other players have stepped up. J.T. Miller being the biggest contributor. He fits in perfectly on the top line as does Jesper Fast. Zuccarello has picked it up. He's so skilled. I wonder what might've been had he not gone down last Spring. Oh well. Yandle playing the minutes he should've been playing all along is a huge factor. Girardi has played a lot better since Mac went down. Staal had his best game last night. They're winning because more players are contributing. It's not possible without Lundqvist's improved play. The goalie must be the best player. When he is, they are a factor.

As for what it all means, I don't know. This team is unpredictable. That West coast swing will be interesting. It's in March. A Californian trio. Guess we'll see.

How does Larry Brooks have a job? How huge is his leash? The dude's articles are bipolar.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/17/hurricane-vet-the-missing-piece-to-another-rangers-cup-run/

He's now saying the Rangers should make a run for it and trade for Eric Staal; a few weeks after saying this Rangers team is done and they should be sellers.

Is he a silent partner in the NY Post? Or board member? There are a LOT of writers that would do a much better job covering local hockey for them than Larry Brooks.

Edited by DJ Eco

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:23 AM, DJ Eco said:

How does Larry Brooks have a job? How huge is his leash? The dude's articles are bipolar.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/17/hurricane-vet-the-missing-piece-to-another-rangers-cup-run/

He's now saying the Rangers should make a run for it and trade for Eric Staal; a few weeks after saying this Rangers team is done and they should be sellers.

Is he a silent partner in the NY Post? Or board member? There are a LOT of writers that would do a much better job covering local hockey for them than Larry Brooks.

The general feeling I've seen towards the Rangers has been odd this season, among their faithful and those who cover them.  They weren't looking good there for a while, no question, and had some guys performing below expectations, but the conference is pretty wide-open and they still have Lundqvist (who's recovered from an ugly slump).  I get that people are starting to get impatient, and that the window might be closing, and that going deep into the playoffs is becoming old news for Ranger fans...but as long as Lundqvist is still in his prime, I think they still gotta go all-in for the next couple of years.  I don't think it ever should've reached the "blow it up" point this season, but it seemed like there were a lot of Ranger fans who were ready to throw in that towel. 

Habs are making a HUGE Patrick Roy-like mistake if they even entertain the notion of trading Subban away over this Therrien garbage. That this is even a storyline in the hockey media is already a step too far into dangerous territory.

That's the type of deal where I'd be willing to part with Severson. It will never happen, but I'd build a package around Severson if this was ever some kind of serious consideration.