Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:42 AM, SterioDesign said:

well he did ANOTHER horrible turnover today. thats 4 MAJOR turnover that led to a goal in the last 10 days while he was the last man with the puck and decided to make a fancy move instead of simply passing. Thats 110% on him and no one else.

and the worst thing is habs fans are blaming Therrien and no one else. They've been calling for his head for months. Any player doing something dumb its because of him lol i get that he's not a great coach but Subban is simply a turnover machine and he's not learning clearly

edit: another thing about him. I guess Subban has his own brand now. And everytime he goes to talk to the media after games he always go and put on his hat with his brand and the marketing team and the team asked him to wear the canadian logo when he's talking after game or wtv and Subban is not listening at all and keep on putting his brand for all interviews and that's becoming a problem now.

I mean... its mindblowing that people don't believe all the red flags with this guys, its so obvious how selfish he is.

-2008-oct-8-002.jpg

14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

When did you see Brodeur rush to grab a MB30 hat for his post games interview to the point the team asked him to wear the team's logo and Brodeur did wtv he wanted?

Well, he put it in on his mask for 60 minutes a night during gameplay. As for any objection by Lou, we'll probably never know what was discussed, but given Lou's usual stance on a "team-first" atmosphere, etc., I can't imagine the rebranding and PR push by Brodeur was met without any resistance.

New Jersey's hockey press isn't like Montreal's hockey press and didn't make a big deal about it or make it a talking point. Montreal/Toronto medias make a talking point about everything and anything.

If Brodeur played in Montreal/Toronto, his last 3-4 years would've been a constant discourse about his drop in play and selfishness in trying to pad his stats, etc., etc... The press would've tarnished his legacy with that bullsh!t, the way the press is tarnishing PK's current elite role/performance with other bullsh!t.

Sure, he's cocky, he's eccentric, he's a real personality. But at the end of the day, he's their best player. I'm sure they wish some Quebecois like Huberdeau or Bergeron were their star player; but no, this is who they've got, and he's great.

I flash back to him the last few postseasons; many times during their games, it seemed like he was their only competent player. And that's not just the "eye test", he led in points each postseason. Maybe he should be selfish. Maybe there are deficiencies in how these teams have been coached and how these rosters were set up, if he needs to be relied on to be the point leader every season and postseason?

Edited by DJ Eco

51 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Well, he put it in on his mask for 60 minutes a night during gameplay. As for any objection by Lou, we'll probably never know what was discussed, but given Lou's usual stance on a "team-first" atmosphere, etc., I can't imagine the rebranding and PR push by Brodeur was met without any resistance.

New Jersey's hockey press isn't like Montreal's hockey press and didn't make a big deal about it or make it a talking point. Montreal/Toronto medias make a talking point about everything and anything.

If Brodeur played in Montreal/Toronto, his last 3-4 years would've been a constant discourse about his drop in play and selfishness in trying to pad his stats, etc., etc... The press would've tarnished his legacy with that bullsh!t, the way the press is tarnishing PK's current elite role/performance with other bullsh!t.

Sure, he's cocky, he's eccentric, he's a real personality. But at the end of the day, he's their best player. I'm sure they wish some Quebecois like Huberdeau or Bergeron were their star player; but no, this is who they've got, and he's great.

I flash back to him the last few postseasons; many times during their games, it seemed like he was their only competent player. And that's not just the "eye test", he led in points each postseason. Maybe he should be selfish. Maybe there are deficiencies in how these teams have been coached and how these rosters were set up, if he needs to be relied on to be the point leader every season and postseason?

Price is their best player by far and he's sooooooo far from being cocky. He's as calm as it gets. Look at that team without Price now. That team without Subban and his turnovers would be fine. And he gets most of his points on the PP. Just like Kovy he plays the whole 2 minutes and has a big slapper. Doesnt mean much 5 on 5. And well as we all saw... Brodeur is selfish too. We just never really saw it cause the team was always winning and everything was alright, made it seem like he was all about NJ. We saw what happened once someone better came along and took his ice time. You always see true colors in people in the bad times not in the good. The fact that Subban is STILL taking those stupid decision with the puck "to be flashy" no matter what situation the team is in... that's simply terrible. He's not on team canada for a reason and coaches like babcock would crucify him.

Also... why do you keep ignoring all the bad stuff like him fighting his teammates few times every year and all his teammates and coaches calling him out. You can play the "media" card all you want. You don't see that from any other player in canada and it doesn't take anything away from his actions. Remember when he was mouthing his defensive coach that was trying to talk to him after a turnover during a game? he was talking back to him and arguing! That the media catch on that or not. It's still a thing and there's A LOT of that with that guy.

I never said he's a terrible player. But he brings A LOT of problems. Guys has been labeled as "locker room cancer" for a LOT LESS than all the sh!t subban pulled. Geez even times he'd score a game winning goal and veterans on the team wouldnt even go see him, they'd skate directly to the locker room. If that doesnt speak volume. Also even after he did everything in his power to be captain this year the players voted Pacioretty. That also speaks volume. But i mean, you clearly don't want to believe he's a problem so wtv. im just stating facts it's not even my opinion. its all facts.

Edited by SterioDesign

Thanks to you SD I'm well aware of everything that happen to the Canadiens...

That way by being there, i can have news about the Devs & Montreal.
Only problem..  I usually don't care about Montreal ; ) 

Oh.. And by usually, I mean " all the time" (but that's just a detail)

6 minutes ago, moustic said:

Well then a topic named "around the league" is not something you should click on then.

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well then a topic named "around the league" is not something you should click on then.

it was only a joke... 
But it's true that you are slighty obsessed by Montreal ... Hey ! it's fine.. I know i'm obsessed by people walking too slowly in front of me ... Oh and also my pulsion of always wanting to do a clothesline to people running next to me. See.. we all have our obsession.. Who am I to judge ? 

23 minutes ago, moustic said:

it was only a joke... 
But it's true that you are slighty obsessed by Montreal ... Hey ! it's fine.. I know i'm obsessed by people walking too slowly in front of me ... Oh and also my pulsion of always wanting to do a clothesline to people running next to me. See.. we all have our obsession.. Who am I to judge ? 

It's not an obsession. That fanbase is "my rivalry" so me personally bringing up something with MTL is the same as a fan from NJ bringing up something from the Rangers fan. Obviously the real devils rivalry is NY. But on a personal level it's the same thing. I litterally have nothing to say about Rangers fans out of my own experiences

Edited by SterioDesign

SD, for the record I don't mind you always bringing up Montreal haha.. I enjoy the Around The League thread more than most of the others, mostly because we don't have too many cheerful things to talk about in Devils-land. It's good to get insight on the rest of the league and their fans where we can.

2 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

Anybody see the Devils motorcycle the OCC is building?  Apparently you can win it.

If anybody knows when that airs I would love to DVR it.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=111167&navid=social

That would have been something cool to win about 10 years ago.

Show has been cancelled for about 6 years now I think.

Edited by DevsMan84

5 hours ago, moustic said:

untitled.png

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gaudreau just scored two goals in 10 seconds. Kid is awesome.

i wish we would have drafted him instead of Boucher damn... they were playing at the same level and Gaudreau had better stats than boucher... not too sure why we picked him over Gaudreau but..... "damn" is all we can say now lol especially considering he was from NJ.

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i wish we would have drafted him instead of Boucher damn... they were playing at the same level and Gaudreau had better stats than boucher... not too sure why we picked him over Gaudreau but..... "damn" is all we can say now lol especially considering he was from NJ.

In cases like this, I remind myself how many other teams (28) passed over him, round after round, as well. That's the only consolation.

20 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

In cases like this, I remind myself how many other teams (28) passed over him, round after round, as well. That's the only consolation.

You can do that to yourself all day and drive yourself crazy.  Ask the Rangers about Hugh Jessiman.  The draft in the 4th round has a lot of crapshoot to it.  A guy like Gardreau gets taken higher if everyone thought he would show this kind of potential.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You can do that to yourself all day and drive yourself crazy.  Ask the Rangers about Hugh Jessiman.  The draft in the 4th round has a lot of crapshoot to it.  A guy like Gardreau gets taken higher if everyone thought he would show this kind of potential.

And then on the flipside, you got the Rangers with Lundqvist. You've got 29 other teams that had 6-7 rounds each to pick the guy and they all missed out. 

Hell, his brother Joel was picked in the 3rd round by Dallas. The Lundqvist family was probably even thinking Joel was going to have the better NHL career at that point haha..

On 3/9/2016 at 2:48 PM, SterioDesign said:

It's not an obsession. That fanbase is "my rivalry" so me personally bringing up something with MTL is the same as a fan from NJ bringing up something from the Rangers fan. Obviously the real devils rivalry is NY. But on a personal level it's the same thing. I litterally have nothing to say about Rangers fans out of my own experiences

Any thoughts on the Subban freak injury?

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/980153

19 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Any thoughts on the Subban freak injury?

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/980153

Well... he's fine so i can now peacefully say it was an hilarious injury. And that's not even biased cause i don't like the player or the team. Buddy ran his head in his player's ass and hurt himself doing it. It's funny no matter what. 

36 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well... he's fine so i can now peacefully say it was an hilarious injury. And that's not even biased cause i don't like the player or the team. Buddy ran his head in his player's ass and hurt himself doing it. It's funny no matter what. 

Did you just call an event in which someone laid on the ice for 10 minutes with a serious neck injury, was then stretchered off by both team's doctors, and spent the night in the hospital 'funny'? You are a disgrace to the hockey community.

5 hours ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

Did you just call an event in which someone laid on the ice for 10 minutes with a serious neck injury, was then stretchered off by both team's doctors, and spent the night in the hospital 'funny'? You are a disgrace to the hockey community.

oh so you're one of those uh? one of those guy who just lure the internet waiting to find something to be offended about and lay down your politically correct high moral on people. Just get off the internet if you're that weak minded dude. 

If you can't see the difference between an event and the results of an event, it's not my problem. Someone slipping on a banane is funny. it will always be. Once in awhile someone will break his wrist falling after slipping on a banana, that sucks and the results is not funny but it's 2 separate things. I crashed face first in the snow being pulled by a skidoo going about 70km/hrs once, i still have scars from it 15 years later. My coat was covered with blood and it took me quite awhile to be able to get up and breath correctly but i swear to god, it was hilarious as fvck and i wouldn't blame a single soul that was there for not laughing cause 1- it was incredibly funny  2- i don't try to get offended by stuff

His family released a statement only a few hours after the game saying he was perfectly fine and that it was NOT a serious neck injury and that they were keeping him overnight just for testing. But hey... go on and and make up more facts to build a case against what i said, cause you know, i'm sure you wouldn't want to NOT be offended, where's the fun in that uh. I even specified at the beginning of my post that "he was fine" so 

and well, for the record someone falling and running in head in someone else's ass is funny and will always be. We're not talking about a Clint Malarchuk kind of incident here that wasnt funny any way you look at it.

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh so you're one of those uh? one of those guy who just lure the internet waiting to find something to be offended about and lay down your politically correct high moral on people. Just get off the internet if you're that weak minded dude. 

If you can't see the difference between an event and the results of an event, it's not my problem. Someone slipping on a banane is funny. it will always be. Once in awhile someone will break his wrist falling after slipping on a banana, that sucks and the results is not funny but it's 2 separate things. I crashed face first in the snow being pulled by a skidoo going about 70km/hrs once, i still have scars from it 15 years later. My coat was covered with blood and it took me quite awhile to be able to get up and breath correctly but i swear to god, it was hilarious as fvck and i wouldn't blame a single soul that was there for not laughing cause 1- it was incredibly funny  2- i don't try to get offended by stuff

His family released a statement only a few hours after the game saying he was perfectly fine and that it was NOT a serious neck injury and that they were keeping him overnight just for testing. But hey... go on and and make up more facts to build a case against what i said, cause you know, i'm sure you wouldn't want to NOT be offended, where's the fun in that uh. I even specified at the beginning of my post that "he was fine" so 

and well, for the record someone falling and running in head in someone else's ass is funny and will always be. We're not talking about a Clint Malarchuk kind of incident here that wasnt funny any way you look at it.

No, I'm not one of those guys. I'm a hockey fan, like (mostly) everyone else on these forums. This is not funny any way you look at it, either. Imagine sending a link to the video of that injury to anyone you know, maybe some family members, your mom, etc. After they watch it, how about you ask them "Wasn't that hilarious?", I guarantee you none of them are going to say yes. Just because his family released a statement saying he was fine does not mean it's right to ridicule the situation and make it out to be funny.