Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC:

Rumbling: FLA preparing eight-year, $60M-ish extension for Aaron Ekblad. He can sign any time after July 1. Team and agent decline comment.

Cue SD bringing up Zach leaving again. 

Let's not go there... I think we all know the CBA is different now than when Zach signed his deal.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Cue SD bringing up Zach leaving again. 

Well since YOU brought it up.

Apparently Yzerman's offer to Stamkos is final, 8.5m over 8 years. So he'll likely walk knowing now that he's having 11m and 12m per year on the table somewhere else. Which.... well again, is a big fvck up on his part to let it go to that point without protecting him while he could, he gambled and it blew in his face. Just like you know... another situation we all talked about previously.

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Apparently Yzerman's offer to Stamkos is final, 8.5m over 8 years. So he'll likely walk knowing now that he's having 11m and 12m per year on the table somewhere else. Which.... well again, is a big fvck up on his part to let it go to that point without protecting him while he could, he gambled and it blew in his face. Just like you know... another situation we all talked about previously.

He'll somehow end up with the Rangers

2 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I wonder if SD compares other things in his life to Parise contract. 

"hey man, that girl was checking you out all night but left the bar with a different guy.... Why didn't you lock her up sooner? LIKE THE DEVILS WITH PARISE?"

"God I'm starving, I should have thought about this and ordered a pizza sooner, now it's closed. LIKE THE DEVILS WITH PARISE."

"Ugh. I knew I needed to fill up my tires. Now I have a flat on the turnpike. If only I had filled my tires last week instead of waiting until the last minute. LIKE THE DEVILS WITH PARISE." 

I don't but it would be fair in those cases really lol

• Like 1

He'll somehow end up with the Rangers

Of course he will. This after those schmucks somehow are able to dump Nash and Girardi on some moron GM who still thinks it's 2011. It's almost too predictable.

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Of course he will. This after those schmucks somehow are able to dump Nash and Girardi on some moron GM who still thinks it's 2011. It's almost too predictable.

To be fair, New York does have Starbuck's.  

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That plus Drouin is going to ask to be traded but only to the Rangers or something lol

3 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Wouldn't Stamkos net more money on a 8.5 million dollar contract due to the tax situation in Florida than rather say on a 10 million contract in NY or Detroit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very good question actually

18 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Wouldn't Stamkos net more money on a 8.5 million dollar contract due to the tax situation in Florida than rather say on a 10 million contract in NY or Detroit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article has some good information on how much Stamkos will take home on various deals (8 years in TB @ 8.5 vs 7 in NY @ 10).

Obviously he'd have much higher endorsement income in a place like Toronto, but it's a good resource that captures the tax situations.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/inside-the-money-matters-for-steven-stamkos/2262766

• Like 1

Preds re-sign Forsberg for 6 years, 6 million per.   Seems like a steal but then again, most of the deals Poile has signed are pretty good.  It's when Holmgren steps in and signs his contracts when he gets in trouble.   

Seriously, they have Josi, Ekholm and Ellis signed for the next 3 seasons for a combined 10.25 million.   That's insane.   They're also going to get 8 million of space next summer when the Fisher and Ribero deals are up.