Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

On 6/25/2016 at 11:35 AM, Zubie#8 said:

Wouldn't Stamkos net more money on a 8.5 million dollar contract due to the tax situation in Florida than rather say on a 10 million contract in NY or Detroit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to that article it seems he would still be making less.

also consideration is the death tax depending if a player is married or not.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

8 years, 8.5MM for Stamkos.  68M total over 8 years.

He must've wanted to stay all along, teams could've beaten that.

Yeah, I mean, if you can believe players, and reports, he did say that he preferred to stay, so I guess he was telling the truth. 

6 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Wow crazy past hour, smiling right now... Not only do we get Hall, but Rags and TOR miss out on Stamkos, MTL gets weaker by moving Subban for Weber.

i think MTL is better now actually. Subban was a cancer and the reason he's gone now. 

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

Montreal wins the Subban-Weber trade, they have a real man and a leader on the blue line now. Weber is gonna change the tone of that locker room for sure, he's a team changer.

I dunno man, I think Nashville got the better AND younger player in this one.  I guess P.K. just really wasn't liked up there by the staff and management.

Maybe Weber has a better year or two, but yikes.. Subban is going to FLY in Nashville.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i think MTL is better now actually. Subban was a cancer and the reason he's gone now. 

On ice, Subban > Weber at this point. I'm not saying it's a bad trade all things considered, but MTL now has a weaker on ice product.

50 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Montreal wins the Subban-Weber trade, they have a real man and a leader on the blue line now. Weber is gonna change the tone of that locker room for sure, he's a team changer.

I don't know.  I used to think Weber was one of, if not the best D-man in the NHL in terms of being that Stevens/Pronger type that just controls the play in both zones, especially in the playoffs.  Having watched a ton of the Preds playoffs games this year, he seemed like their 4th best defenseman most nights behind Josi, Ekholm and Eliis.  

5 minutes ago, thefiestygoat said:

Big win for Nashville in my eyes, getting the younger, better defensemen on a better contract. Seriously, they get Subban from age 27-32 while getting out of Weber's age 31-40 seasons. That's nuts.

Absolutely bonkers.

I feel like this trade will go down in history like the Roy one.

1 hour ago, thefiestygoat said:

Big win for Nashville in my eyes, getting the younger, better defensemen on a better contract. Seriously, they get Subban from age 27-32 while getting out of Weber's age 31-40 seasons. That's nuts.

This really puts the trade in perspective for me. Nashville really won this deal. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Has anyone seen the cap recapture penalties for Nashville if Weber retires before the end of his deal? Check it out: https://mobile.twitter.com/generalfanager/status/748285378428186624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's insanity. If he retires with one year left it's a $24 million recapture. [emoji54]

They must have some indication that cap recapture will be dropped after the next CBA.  24 million in one season would be like the death penalty when they didn't even craft up the original deal.