Around the League 15-16 Edition

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admire the way you read between the lines of our very unbiased friend It's often so subtle that i dunno how you notice anything 

So, after the Yandle > Florida trade: "In the span of recent trades, the New York Rangers have traded this year's 1st round pick, 3 2nd round picks, a 4th round pick, Duclair, Saarela and Moor

I wonder if SD compares other things in his life to Parise contract.  "hey man, that girl was checking you out all night but left the bar with a different guy.... Why didn't you lock her up soone

Posted Images

Eh. You play who's on your schedule. It's like Parcells says about your record. During the 9-game win streak, they were opportunistic cashing in on team's mistakes. NYR lead league in shooting percentage at almost 11.0 percent. They also aren't too good on Corsi/possession. There's room for improvement. Particularly from Stepan and Kreider. Neither of who have been consistent. McDonagh and Girardi have picked it up.

Regarding the Bolts, even minus 2/3 of the Triplets, Callahan, Paquette, Drouin, they still boast a great tandem in Hedman-Stralman. Also have checkers like Boyle who mixed it up with Hayes. And gritty guys like J.T. Brown. They know how to play them. Limit the stretch pass and stand up at the blue line. That makes it more difficult for their transition. Particularly Zuccarello. Funny aspect is it was winnable. Kreider got in for a break and had a penalty shot but shot it into Bishop. Moore tied it on a rare Stralman miscue. And they had a power play in the final 80 seconds. But just terrible execution from Stepan forcing a pass which handcuffed McDonagh. Brown made the perfect dish across to Filppula and bang. Game. Set. Match.

Rangers with 2 costly turnovers. Both in net. Yandle to Killorn who beat Hank from way out. Maybe he has his number. That's what they've been doing so far. Capitalizing on mistakes. Their next one is Saturday night at Florida. I bet their speed gives them problems. Luongo vs Lundqvist too. 

The Rangers strategy when it comes to offense is to make the extra pass(es) to set up for a higher percentage shot.  They do not simply fire at will on goal.  So, with that in mind, they are going to have less shots and shots attempted which will lower their Corsi.  As for possession, you have to look at that with a grain of salt.  They have trailed for only ~130 minutes this season, have led for over 300 minutes and more than 150 they have led by 2 or more.  While, they have only trailed by 2 or more for about 10 minutes.  Teams possession numbers tend to tank when they are up by 2 or more and tend to sky rocket when they are trailing by 2 or more.  So, put that all together, and it is not a surprise their possession numbers are not so hot.

The Rangers strategy when it comes to offense is to make the extra pass(es) to set up for a higher percentage shot.  They do not simply fire at will on goal.  So, with that in mind, they are going to have less shots and shots attempted which will lower their Corsi.  As for possession, you have to look at that with a grain of salt.  They have trailed for only ~130 minutes this season, have led for over 300 minutes and more than 150 they have led by 2 or more.  While, they have only trailed by 2 or more for about 10 minutes.  Teams possession numbers tend to tank when they are up by 2 or more and tend to sky rocket when they are trailing by 2 or more.  So, put that all together, and it is not a surprise their possession numbers are not so hot.

You understand the game. Unlike the possession nuts. While to a certain extend I understand that they'll need to be a more consistent forechecking team to have ultimate success next Spring, it's the regular season. Their experience definitely helps winning these type of games. They remain the best team when leading after 2 periods. A big part of that is Hank. But also there are enough proven performers and leadership to get it done. As a team, they are very unselfish and look for the extra pass. It can be frustrating at times. Especially on the power play. Obviously, being able to score at a high rate due to quality chances created by their skill has helped them in the win column. 

Last night, they struggled and got exposed against a quality opponent with superb speed, skill and aggressive forecheck. They were due for one of those. It should help in the long run. I'm just looking for more out of Kreider and Stepan. Both can perform at a more consistent level. Particularly CK who has disappointed so far with 3 goals in 22 games. 

I'm with Rangers/Lundqvist on this one. Marchand kneed him in the head, simple as that. Did he embellish afterward? Slightly, possibly? Doesn't matter. Dirty play, and any team's fan would be livid after a play like this, if it weren't called.

I'm with Rangers/Lundqvist on this one. Marchand kneed him in the head, simple as that. Did he embellish afterward? Slightly, possibly? Doesn't matter. Dirty play, and any team's fan would be livid after a play like this, if it weren't called.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest.  Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum.  This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest.  Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum.  This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

Agreed, but in weighing the two, I give the goaltender (in this instance) the benefit of the doubt. There's a fine line between a blatant embellishment and throwing your head back as a knee-jerk reaction to getting tapped in the head, regardless of how hard (looked pretty hard). He's embellished pretty badly in the past but I don't put this one in that category.

This is not the first time I have seen Lundqvist embellish whenever he is touched in the slightest. Yeah Marchand did knee him a little, but Henrik acted like he got shot in the head with a .44 Magnum. This is the first time I have seen him get called out for this and I love it.

Exactly. fvck that whiny douche. 1cb5db6d16cc288bec6c13aad4163985.jpg

I feel fine to say he did embellished... mostly cause when Brodeur did it... i was not wearing blinders in denial saying he didn't dive and made excuses for him. And then trying to make a big deal out of it when a Rangers does it... 

i kind of hope it's the same case for everyone here lol 

I never thought Brodeur was that big of an embellisher or diver (though I wouldn't say it never ever happened).  I remember a lot of Ranger fans saying that they thought Marty was a crybaby (especially when it came to some of the Avery crap)...but if there's ever been a fanbase that definitely isn't impartial, it's that one.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I feel fine to say he did embellished... mostly cause when Brodeur did it... i was not wearing blinders in denial saying he didn't dive and made excuses for him. And then trying to make a big deal out of it when a Rangers does it...

i kind of hope it's the same case for everyone here lol

I love Marty, but he might as well have spent that 2008 series against the rangers in a swimming pool. He dove everytime anyone looked at him. It was so frustrating to watch.

well you guys are legit lol nothing wrong with admitting when your players does sh!tty stuff lol

I do think me being around Habs fans that much and you guys being around Rangers fans and seeing how homer they can be and hypocrite... it makes you think... "man i don't want to sound like that" and you're automatically a better fan for that haha and better fans make a better fanbase, it's contagious.