Jump to content

Around the League 15-16 Edition


devilsrule33

Recommended Posts

Insane that Lucic only got one game for that.

On 1/25/2016 at 7:32 PM, CarpathianForest said:

So Lucic gets one game for sucker punching Connauton. Way to be fair NHL. If it were a team the NHL didn't care about we'd see at least 4 games.

 

 

 

Insane that he only got one game for that.  Pretty weird how he went after the guy like that since it looked like he did absolutely nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McDavid has the highest hockey IQ of anyone I've ever seen play. He can on cue pull any goalie out of position and slide the puck into the empty net, and he makes it look so easy. I think to myself, why can't I do that. It's just simple. Crosby does so many things at an elite level, but understanding the game at its most fundamental, McDavid's better already. If nothing derails his career, he could end up being the best to ever play the game. I honestly think he's that good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boucher injuring Klein might've severely dented the Rangers' trade deadline plans. It was almost imperative that they trade Yandle for any decent recoup of an asset return, but now who knows what they do. That might be the most damaging aspect (for the Rangers) of last night's game in the long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

McDavid has the highest hockey IQ of anyone I've ever seen play. He can on cue pull any goalie out of position and slide the puck into the empty net, and he makes it look so easy. I think to myself, why can't I do that. It's just simple. Crosby does so many things at an elite level, but understanding the game at its most fundamental, McDavid's better already. If nothing derails his career, he could end up being the best to ever play the game. I honestly think he's that good.

I agree, he does things I've never seen anyone else do before. 

I drove out to Erie last year to see a game and he was doing this kind of stuff to other junior players, but I never thought we would see him do this to NHLers, especially this quick.    Here's a picture from the game we went to last year.  Lots of talent.  From left to right, Christian Dvorak, Max Domi, Alex DeBrincat, McDavid and Marner is in the top right.   

 

IMG_0075.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Boucher injuring Klein might've severely dented the Rangers' trade deadline plans. It was almost imperative that they trade Yandle for any decent recoup of an asset return, but now who knows what they do. That might be the most damaging aspect (for the Rangers) of last night's game in the long run.

The way I look at it, it gets McIlrath in the lineup. And that's better for the future than any sorta fake thoughts of a playoff run. They should not make any rental moves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Derek21 said:

The way I look at it, it gets McIlrath in the lineup. And that's better for the future than any sorta fake thoughts of a playoff run. They should not make any rental moves.

I was thinking more along the lines of recouping something for Yandle, like I'm sure Jeff Gorton felt he should do (and he should do). Klein's injury puts that on ice and they could really use a restocking of the cupboard (prospects and draft picks).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

I was thinking more along the lines of recouping something for Yandle, like I'm sure Jeff Gorton felt he should do (and he should do). Klein's injury puts that on ice and they could really use a restocking of the cupboard (prospects and draft picks).

Well, it can't happen anymore. And there's little flexibility. Their idea (AV's) of a recall is Jayson Megna. That sent me over the edge. I just completed the longest post I ever did on the Rangers. My frustration with this year's team. Check it out if you like. It's pretty critical. Analytical. Breaks down everything. 

The headache that is the '15-16 Rangers

Quote

It’s up to Lundqvist to answer the challenge. He’s the unquestioned emotional leader in the room. Now approaching 34, the affable Swede has shown some frustration. He’s questioned the coaching staff more including calling out Vigneault for not using a timeout to rest players following a icing in a game the Caps tied. He knows the window is closing. His elite play won’t last forever.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.