Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

Must have a glass jaw, that didn't even look that hard. 

I didn't think it looked as bad as I thought it would've been. The match penalty will probably be rescinded. Haven't heard an update on McDonagh's condition, but I won't be shocked to see him out there against us tomorrow night. 

Must have a glass jaw, that didn't even look that hard. 

He got punched with the glove on. Obviously, it was worse than it looked. I had no issue with the league not suspending Simmonds. So much whine over it by most NYR fans and even beat reporters. McDonagh crosschecked him in the head. Jeez. The rematch is Sunday at MSG. Should be interesting.

He got punched with the glove on. Obviously, it was worse than it looked. I had no issue with the league not suspending Simmonds. So much whine over it by most NYR fans and even beat reporters. McDonagh crosschecked him in the head. Jeez. The rematch is Sunday at MSG. Should be interesting.

I'm sure the Ranger fans just ignored the fact that McDonagh had just cross-checked Simmonds in the head right before that, and I'm sure they thought that was just fine for McDonagh to do. Then they whine and cry when he gets his ass decked... Your fanbase is the whiniest in the league and it isn't even close. I'm sure you'd agree Derek. It's ridiculous how much Ranger fans whine when sh!t doesn't go their way.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

The only thing I can *maybe* understand the whining *would be* regarding his game misconduct being for throwing the stick and possibly hitting the official. That it got changed in the postgame notes/stats would piss me off if this happened to the Devils. Throwing the stick and hitting the official would entail a 3-game suspension.

I can understand if a Rangers fan has a gripe about that, but 99% out there are talking about only the "sucker punch" (which I'd argue it really wasn't).

I'm sure the Ranger fans just ignored the fact that McDonagh had just cross-checked Simmonds in the head right before that, and I'm sure they thought that was just fine for McDonagh to do. Then they whine and cry when he gets his ass decked... Your fanbase is the whiniest in the league and it isn't even close. I'm sure you'd agree Derek. It's ridiculous how much Ranger fans whine when sh!t doesn't go their way.

I do agree. They're a bunch of bitches. And the Flyer fans are no better. Using Staal's crosscheck on Crosby when they despise Sid and the Pens more than us. Talk about pot meeting kettle. It's just embarrassing. 

The only thing I can *maybe* understand the whining *would be* regarding his game misconduct being for throwing the stick and possibly hitting the official. That it got changed in the postgame notes/stats would piss me off if this happened to the Devils. Throwing the stick and hitting the official would entail a 3-game suspension.

I can understand if a Rangers fan has a gripe about that, but 99% out there are talking about only the "sucker punch" (which I'd argue it really wasn't).

Yeah. But come on. I understood why he was upset. I didn't think it was worth a match. But it turned out to be right. And now AV is whining about not suspending Simmonds for that rule. And Larry Brooks is whining as usual. Just shut up. It's hockey.

Yeah. But come on. I understood why he was upset. I didn't think it was worth a match. But it turned out to be right. And now AV is whining about not suspending Simmonds for that rule. And Larry Brooks is whining as usual. Just shut up. It's hockey.

This is why I like you and respect your presence on this board. 

• Like 1

I do agree. They're a bunch of bitches. And the Flyer fans are no better. Using Staal's crosscheck on Crosby when they despise Sid and the Pens more than us. Talk about pot meeting kettle. It's just embarrassing. 

Yeah Flyer fans are whiny too. They whined for YEARS (and still do) that Stevens was dirty for his hit on Lindros in 2000, and for the way he played the game in general. I mean... This is the same fanbase that supported the Broad Street Bullies in the 70's, the dirtiest bunch of scumbags outside of Slap Shot. If Stevens played in Philly, they'd erect a statue of him outside the arena and re-name Broad Street after him, but you're gonna whine that he's dirty? fvck off. Talk about pot meeting kettle...

Yeah Flyer fans are whiny too. They whined for YEARS (and still do) that Stevens was dirty for his hit on Lindros in 2000, and for the way he played the game in general. I mean... This is the same fanbase that supported the Broad Street Bullies in the 70's, the dirtiest bunch of scumbags outside of Slap Shot. If Stevens played in Philly, they'd erect a statue of him outside the arena and re-name Broad Street after him, but you're gonna whine that he's dirty? fvck off. Talk about pot meeting kettle...

All fans are whiny and hypocritical.  I'm generally ok with Flyers fans in that they don't seem to have this undeserved sense of entitlement that a lot of Rangers and Leafs fans have. 

Same fans who turned on Lindros when it was the Flyers medical staff that didn't do their job.

Thats the thing, at least Habs fans can brag about their past. Imagine the same self entitlement but a rangers fan with a horrid history. It's awful, they think they are the Yankees of hockey, they are not, the Habs are so at least their fans have some sort of backing to their self entitlement.

Rangers dont have a great history and yet their fans think they are hot sh!t. It's pathetic and it makes them the worst fanbase in the league

you clearly don't deal with a lot of Habs fans and their "24 cups" it seems lol

When this subject comes up, I always ask people how many of those cups were you actually aware and invested in the team for?   Honestly, I would rather have the 3 cups and 5 finals appearances we've had since I started watching hockey over a ton of banners in the rafters I wasn't even alive for.  My favorite is to ask "How many parking lot parades have you been able to attend?" because that takes out the stupid retort you usually get right off the bat.         

I know a Flyer fan who's never stopped whining about that hit to this day.  Fortunately he doesn't bring it up as much anymore (and I haven't seen him in a while either), but he couldn't bitch about that hit enough.

The problem with some Flyer fans is that they think that Broad Street Bullies crap extends to them...that they have the right to sucker-punch fans of opposing teams who dare to wear another teams jersey in "their house".  I might think a lot of Ranger fans are unfunny witless morons, but at least they're not nearly as (unnecessarily) violent as Flyer fans. 

All fans are whiny and hypocritical.  I'm generally ok with Flyers fans in that they don't seem to have this undeserved sense of entitlement that a lot of Rangers and Leafs fans have. 

I'm right there with ya. Flyers fans (and most Philly fans) get drunk, they get loud, they get obnoxious, and they do and say some dumb stuff. But they support their team through thick and thin, in their own painful miserable way.

With Rangers fans, it's really the arrogance that gets to me. I can deal with the drunkiest, trashiest, dirtiest Philly fan in our building; I can tolerate those mutants. It's the arrogance of the Rangers fans (and how much I know most of them aren't really diehards) when they come into our building that really sets me off and gets under my skin.

Edited by DJ Eco

When this subject comes up, I always ask people how many of those cups were you actually aware and invested in the team for?   Honestly, I would rather have the 3 cups and 5 finals appearances we've had since I started watching hockey over a ton of banners in the rafters I wasn't even alive for.  My favorite is to ask "How many parking lot parades have you been able to attend?" because that takes out the stupid retort you usually get right off the bat.         

oh well of course. I'd personally only "accept crap" from a Red Wings fans. Cause they are the only fanbase who had a best "fan life" than I did since i started really watching hockey. I mean sure your team has great history but why are you trying to brag with that? you never got to enjoy it lol

Same with Blackhawks fans now. my buddy is a chicago fan and since they are relevant he's quite annoying lol trying to make fun of my sucky team now... lol i'm always just like .... dude... you were 33 years old the first time you saw your team winning the cup... before that it was decades or humiliation and deception. I'm not even 33 now and i've seen my team constantly make the playoffs, a bunch of legendary player play for my team, 3 cups and 5 playoffs appearance. so yeah... i wouldnt swap place with you bud eventhough your team is good now haha

It's really similar to a mall security guard who's been bullied his whole childhood and now goes on a power trip at his job haha

#Sens announce they've acquired Dion Phaneuf from #Leafs in 9-player trade.

-@SWhyno

Seems like this was mostly about getting Phaneuf's contract off the Leafs' books.  They did get a young forward prospect and a second-round pick.  Kind of deal that makes sense when you're where the Leafs are.