Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

The sad thing is they probably said it just like that too... The jealousy those idiots have towards Marty is hilarious and sad at the same time. They're so bitter that in 125545 years in existence, they've never had a player that even comes close to Marty's level of greatness, and it shows every time one of them opens their fat mouths.

Well Gretzky & Jagr comes to mind lol 

I'm certain this is a joke... That's like calling Martin Brodeur an all-time Blues legend. And hey, that Emmitt Smith guy? You know, the all-time great who played for the Arizona Cardinals?

yes it was a joke

and i wouldn't know about that dude honestly haha. I'm Canadian and it's all hockey here. I don't know that Emmitt Smith guy at all and to be honest I don't even know what sports the Arizona Cardinals are playing. Gonna guess football or baseball but yeah... i don't care so i dont have a single clue.

yes it was a joke

and i wouldn't know about that dude honestly haha. I'm Canadian and it's all hockey here. I don't know that Emmitt Smith guy at all and to be honest I don't even know what sports the Arizona Cardinals are playing. Gonna guess football or baseball but yeah... i don't care so i dont have a single clue.

You may understand a bit better if I told you that Michael Jordan is a Washington Wizards legend.

I don't think I'm being unfair. Marty had 50 shootout wins tacked on, but even without those 50 shootout wins, he's still the wins leader by a lot. Lundqvist accomplished his record by way of the shootout existing. And I can just see a certain section of your fanbase (read: the a$$holes that show up to games at the Rock and talk sh!t and walk around like the Rangers have the Yankees' history) trying to make the comparison like it's something that's relevant. Which it isn't.

Personally, I hate comparisons. CR has it right. It's comparing apples to oranges. Brodeur played in the 90's and pre-lockout to earn it. So, there's no comparison. I can't stand the Ranger fans who try to put down Brodeur. You had some idiots sending out Retweets about how Hank had a .920 save percentage in x amount of seasons compared to Brodeur. As if that matters. He was being honored. And some idiot bloggers had to RT that nonsense. My response was: Why does it matter? I got no reply. Because that's how some NYR fans are. Obnoxious. Have to sneak in a shot any way they can. In fact, my least favorite people to follow are the NYR bloggers who cite Corsi and Fenwick for everything and continually bash Girardi and Staal for everything. Even when they have good nights, the complaints persist. If the team wins like it did shutting down Crosby, it continues. These people think their opinion is gospel. That only their blogs and their stuff matters. It's kinda ridiculous. 

Not every NYR fan is like this. I have a decent following and some are much cooler and aren't arrogant douches. Some actually realize that it's not just our team that exists.

Anyway, I find that social media has dumbed things down. The caliber of fan is different. And since the MSG renovation, it's gotten worse. No wonder I no longer care about going. 

It is an accomplishment for sure.  When I first got to work, I was hit with it by my ranger-fan-coworker.  My response was to him, that for years I heard from some ranger fans that Marty was overrated and wins don't matter.  So now that the same fans are using him as a measuring stick, they are acknowledging Martys greatness, you don't use "frauds" as measuring sticks now do you?

Those are the same losers who can't acknowledge that Marty proved himself after losing Stevens, Niedermayer and Daneyko. Rafalski too. He beat our goalie at age 40 in that Conference Final. Still hurts.

Teams around us are starting to pick up the pace. Without Cammalleri coming back immediately, we're going to fall behind pretty quickly. I can't be any more proud of what this year's team has done up until now but I think our playoff situation (aka not making it) will be become clear as day as the trade deadline approaches. And when that happens, hopefully we're selling wholesale and setting up for the offseason.

This team, the coaches, and management have gained a lot of goodwill from the fanbase this year and I hope the fanbase stands by their side and understands if/when we start trading away some rentals. Stempniak and Schlemko seem like the obvious names, although I see Schlemko as potentially worth more in a Devils jersey than the 3rd rounder that we could possibly get for him. Best we can hope for is that Stempniak continues to have a good few weeks until the deadline.

It is an accomplishment for sure.  When I first got to work, I was hit with it by my ranger-fan-coworker.  My response was to him, that for years I heard from some ranger fans that Marty was overrated and wins don't matter.  So now that the same fans are using him as a measuring stick, they are acknowledging Martys greatness, you don't use "frauds" as measuring sticks now do you?
Those are the same losers who can't acknowledge that Marty proved himself after losing Stevens, Niedermayer and Daneyko. Rafalski too. He beat our goalie at age 40 in that Conference Final. Still hurts.

And let's be honest... If Marty had the exact same career in a Rangers jersey and helped the Rangers achieve the type of success he helped the Devils achieve, they'd rename the Garden after Marty, put up a statue, and give him a ceremony that would make the Messier one look tame in comparison. It's straight bitterness that Marty played for their arch rival and made that arch rival the dominant franchise in the sport for two decades. They can't stand it, and they can't take it, so they make fat jokes and call him Uncle Daddy. But Deep down they know- Marty is THEIR daddy.

Rangers have definitely had their good moments against Marty...three playoff wins in five series where Marty was the man for the Devils.  The 93-94 series was what it was...a great series where one team was just that little bit better than the other, but the two best teams in the NHL that year were clearly the Rangers and Devils.  The 96-97 series was more maddening for many reasons...especially the constant in-the-crease violations.  The 07-08 series was probably the most frustrating because the Devils actually let Avery get into their heads. 

Marty and the Devils had quite a run at the Rangers' expense for sure (that unbeaten run was insane), but overall, it's not quite as one-sided as we'd all like to believe.  But yeah, Marty clearly did enough against the Rangers through the years that their more bitter fans are going to try to take digs at him to make themselves feel better.  That three SC Finals in a four-year stretch where the Rangers were an overpaid mess of mercs (that was routinely missing the playoffs) had to drive them crazy with jealousy and envy. 

Rangers have definitely had their good moments against Marty...three playoff wins in five series where Marty was the man for the Devils.  The 93-94 series was what it was...a great series where one team was just that little bit better than the other, but the two best teams in the NHL that year were clearly the Rangers and Devils.  The 96-97 series was more maddening for many reasons...especially the constant in-the-crease violations.  The 07-08 series was probably the most frustrating because the Devils actually let Avery get into their heads. 

Marty and the Devils had quite a run at the Rangers' expense for sure (that unbeaten run was insane), but overall, it's not quite as one-sided as we'd all like to believe.  But yeah, Marty clearly did enough against the Rangers through the years that their more bitter fans are going to try to take digs at him to make themselves feel better.  That three SC Finals in a four-year stretch where the Rangers were an overpaid mess of mercs (that was routinely missing the playoffs) had to drive them crazy with jealousy and envy. 

If I could go back in time to the 1999-2000 through 2002-03 seasons I would have done things differently around Rangers fans.  During that time I actually felt a little bad for my buddies and classmates who were Rangers fans and didn't lay it on thick.  Now seeing how they are now I wish I could go back and be completely merciless with them.  I would make sure not a single hour went by on the clock that they knew who the superior team is and how pathetic they were to assemble a team of mercs with cokehead Fluery, wobbly Lindros, finished Bure and stone-faced, Easter Island statue looking dickhole Messier and think they had a decent team.

If I could go back in time to the 1999-2000 through 2002-03 seasons I would have done things differently around Rangers fans.  During that time I actually felt a little bad for my buddies and classmates who were Rangers fans and didn't lay it on thick.  Now seeing how they are now I wish I could go back and be completely merciless with them.  I would make sure not a single hour went by on the clock that they knew who the superior team is and how pathetic they were to assemble a team of mercs with cokehead Fluery, wobbly Lindros, finished Bure and stone-faced, Easter Island statue looking dickhole Messier and think they had a decent team.

Has' post sums up why I never bother getting into it with most Ranger fans.  Same ol' unfunny and unwitty retorts.  Just pointless.  I'm surprised that guy didn't throw in a swamp and attendance reference for good measure. 

lol the Ranger fan I work with was citing that win 'stat' too, after I told him it was inflated by the shootout his comeback was well Marty's career started when the Devils were trapping. And this is like a 70-year old guy too :lol:

Same lame, unimaginative crap. They're all a bunch of parrots, they just repeat the same garbage, with no regard for how stupid it sounds. Must be their inferiority complex. Everyone knows who the superior organization was, is, and always will be. One Cup in 76 years... Be proud ya fvcking losers. [emoji1]

lol the Ranger fan I work with was citing that win 'stat' too, after I told him it was inflated by the shootout his comeback was well Marty's career started when the Devils were trapping. And this is like a 70-year old guy too :lol:

Same lame, unimaginative crap. They're all a bunch of parrots, they just repeat the same garbage, with no regard for how stupid it sounds. Must be their inferiority complex. Everyone knows who the superior organization was, is, and always will be. One Cup in 76 years... Be proud ya fvcking losers. [emoji1]

Anyway, moving onto the rest of the season, tonight the Kings visit MSG. But there won't be any marquee goalie match-up. It's emergency recall Budaj vs Raanta, who finally gives Hank a night off. That said, LAK and NYR both have 67 points. Only one leads their division. Big difference. 

Game Preview: A look at the Kings and Rangers

Plus a shot at the idiot Girardi bashers who take their hatred too far. Same frauds who supported him. Same ones who you Devil fans deal with.

Parise and the Wild having a mediocre season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 G and 6 A and a -12 in his last 23 GP. 

Blandisi is special, so why don't we cut the waste and send down Kennedy? Bring in Queenville in his place? 

And i saw that the SJS are goalie hunting, looking to possibly get rid of Stalock. Would they even consider a Kinkaid/ Gelinas or Dmen for a young forward since they have plenty?

Blandisi is special, so why don't we cut the waste and send down Kennedy? Bring in Queenville in his place? 

And i saw that the SJS are goalie hunting, looking to possibly get rid of Stalock. Would they even consider a Kinkaid/ Gelinas or Dmen for a young forward since they have plenty?

Cant call up a player from Junior.

This is the wrong thread for this but Kennedy has been pretty solid as of late, setting guys up well from the half board on the powerplay and today he set up Boosh a few times. That third line has been clicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk