Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

5 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

StereoDesign, I know you think Habs fans are the worst, but let me just show you an exchange that represents the kind of sh!t we have to deal with from most Rangers fans on a daily basis. This is an actual Twitter interaction I'm having with a Rangers fan today.

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 3.43.50 PM.png

Yes, he actually said that. That it's a coin flip between whether Ovechkin or Rick Nash is the better player, and that it's a coin flip between whether Holtby or Henrik Lundqvist is the better player. Like these people walk around New Jersey and New York and consider themselves hockey fans and come to our building when our teams play. This is what we have to deal with regularly.

Well that's indeed dumb... but have they burned New-York down? did the city ever had to release a broadcast call to all Rangers fans to stop calling and jamming the police lines to put a hockey player under arrest for a check injuring their team player? or did they ever riot and destroy a part of the city after one of their player got "unfairly suspended" for ONLY swinging his stick baseball style and hitting a player, then punching and knocking out a ref out cold? Or have huge manifestations outside of the arena cause one of their players got suspended or cause a guy who injured one of their player didnt get suspended?or because the coach is not french? .. or what does the Rangers fan say that could even be on par with "Well... how many cups does your team have?"

i mean... i don't want to sound like "my father is stronger than yours here" but i just absolutely can't see another worst fanbase with such a long history of collective idiotic behaviour 

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I've got three dozen rangers fans on my Facebook that prove otherwise. 

And I'll bet they're the same idiots who hopped on and probably show up late. Disrespect fans by going to their seats and not waiting for the whistle. It's the same thing every time. 

We certainly have our share of idiot Devil fans as well. Thats a discussion for another day.

Ranger fans are not the only ones that come up w /absurd trade proposals. 

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just got a TSN alert that Minnesota is finalizing a deal with Boudreau to be their new head coach.

Curious move from a franchise that's a lifetime 3-0 in playoff game 7's

Expect that to change!

Islanders have quit, spirits were crushed by the lucky Tampa win in game 3. As soon as Kucherov scored to tied it with 38 seconds it broke their spines

Lightning-Penguins in the ECF a virtual certainty

20 minutes ago, nessus said:

2 wins from the Caps is certainly doable. I wouldn't count them out just yet!

eh. Possibly. You know I would love to see them slay the beast and beat Pittsburgh but it's still a big psychological hurdle

Isles should've never put Greiss back in for the 2nd. He's just a frightened turtle right now. Tampa will probably score...6-7 today on him.

The ECF will produce some exciting hockey. Tampa plays a good game, fast as hell.

Edited by '7'

Sharks looked tough last night.  Granted the Blues hit two posts, both by Brouwer, but they're playing tighter than I thought they would.  Even though I predicted 7 games, I still thought the Blues would be the better team in most of the games.  Now it seems a lot closer to 50/50.  Should be a good series moving forward.

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Sharks looked tough last night.  Granted the Blues hit two posts, both by Brouwer, but they're playing tighter than I thought they would.  Even though I predicted 7 games, I still thought the Blues would be the better team in most of the games.  Now it seems a lot closer to 50/50.  Should be a good series moving forward.

I'd argue other way around. If one of 3 posts/crossbars in the final 10 minutes of Game 1, 3rd Period doesn't go St. Louis's way, it's a 2-0 series going into the Shark Tank. Sharks have looked the much better team, St. Louis hasn't figured out what buttons to push yet, and only luck and Elliot made sure they got Game 1!

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

@CapFriendly:

2010 NHL Draft top 6...

1- Hall

2- Seguin - TRADED

3- Gudbranson - TRADED

4- Johansen - TRADED

5- Niederreiter - TRADED

6- Connolly - TRADED

Not sure who made out in this deal Gudbranson is huge & plays that way. McCann (when they played Devils) was small & easily knocked off the puck.  New GM in Fla isn't wasting any time.  

They fired madden. I'm wondering if he'll turn up in college hockey?

Denis Potvin -- who does color commentary for the Panthers -- was on XM this morning.  He believed that it Vancouver that initiated the discussions, which surprised me a bit.  Panthers are going full analytics and my sense is that analytics people do not think much of Gudbranson, which seemed to lead everyone to believe that dumping him was one the first orders of business of the new regime there, but apparently not. 

Everyones trying to sign Shipachyov & Dadonov.  I think they played (KHL) on same line, maybe trying to go as a package like Parise/Suter?

Dadonov played for Panthers a couple years ago, didn't pan out I'm guessing.  Wonder also if they'd prefer to play w/ countrymen (Capitols) if there was cap room?

Wonder if Shero has spoken to either or both.