Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

anyway. That subban trade only proves what i've been trying to tell you guys for years. Subban was a huge cancer in the locker room. The coach didn't like him, the players didn't like him. And there's legit proofs out there.

Not a SINGLE Habs player came out on twitter or anything to acknowledge the trade or wish him luck or wtv, and when asked they simply talked about how excited they were about getting Weber. Not a single player went to his foundation launch. He fought like 5-6 of his teammates during practices, coaches and teammates would constantly call him out in the media. There's a reason the players didnt vote for him for team captain. There's a reason he was not on team canada. We all saw videos of teammates rolling their eyes at him or looking at the ceiling in disbelief at stupid sh!t he pulled. Now there's all kinds of reports from players saying they are not surprised cause Subban was never listening and would always just do what he wanted to do and was really hard to coach and play with because of that. He and Pacioretty were not getting along either. He was just too much distraction. Real good player but he was a cancer.

MTL had to do this trade, this goes beyond skills, it's all about attitude.

plus Bergevin came out saying 

""I will not go into detail why we think we are a better team," Bergevin said, "but we feel we are a better team.""

i mean lol there's just too many indications that the guy was a problem

Edited by SterioDesign

So according to Friedman, Shattenkirk said there were four teams that he would negotiate an extension with as part of any trade.  Think there's a pretty good chance the Devils (and probably the Rangers) are among them since he grew up in the area.  I would trade next year's first for him if an extension were worked out ahead of time.  While not at the top of the league, I think the system is sufficient prospect-wise that it would be worth the risk.  Plus it doesn't seem like next year's draft is going to be a world beater, and you're likely not losing out on a generational talent if the season really goes to crap. 

I mean, if you consider Shattenkirk and Larsson as being about equal, with a small edge to Larsson based on age and more team friendly contract, you essentially traded next year's first round pick for Taylor Hall. 

12 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Has anyone seen the cap recapture penalties for Nashville if Weber retires before the end of his deal? Check it out: https://mobile.twitter.com/generalfanager/status/748285378428186624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's insanity. If he retires with one year left it's a $24 million recapture. [emoji54]

Something tells me this gets revisited before or during the next lockout, that's absurd.

13 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Something tells me this gets revisited before or during the next lockout, that's absurd.

Yeah, it's a very nice bargaining chip for the owners to trade.  And how many players at that point might it be an issue for?  Parise, Suter, and Weber. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

anyway. That subban trade only proves what i've been trying to tell you guys for years. Subban was a huge cancer in the locker room. The coach didn't like him, the players didn't like him. And there's legit proofs out there.

Not a SINGLE Habs player came out on twitter or anything to acknowledge the trade or wish him luck or wtv, and when asked they simply talked about how excited they were about getting Weber. Not a single player went to his foundation launch. He fought like 5-6 of his teammates during practices, coaches and teammates would constantly call him out in the media. There's a reason the players didnt vote for him for team captain. There's a reason he was not on team canada. We all saw videos of teammates rolling their eyes at him or looking at the ceiling in disbelief at stupid sh!t he pulled. Now there's all kinds of reports from players saying they are not surprised cause Subban was never listening and would always just do what he wanted to do and was really hard to coach and play with because of that. He and Pacioretty were not getting along either. He was just too much distraction. Real good player but he was a cancer.

MTL had to do this trade, this goes beyond skills, it's all about attitude.

plus Bergevin came out saying 

""I will not go into detail why we think we are a better team," Bergevin said, "but we feel we are a better team.""

i mean lol there's just too many indications that the guy was a problem

im actually shocked. i always thought he was just a guy you didn't want to play against.  ive seen videos of him helping out kids in the hospital, etc.. and he has always seemed like a genuine guy off the ice. im actually extremely surprised, i would've thought Nashville won this trade

Has anyone seen the cap recapture penalties for Nashville if Weber retires before the end of his deal? Check it out: https://mobile.twitter.com/generalfanager/status/748285378428186624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's insanity. If he retires with one year left it's a $24 million recapture. [emoji54]

It almost has to... That's just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Onddeck said:

im actually shocked. i always thought he was just a guy you didn't want to play against.  ive seen videos of him helping out kids in the hospital, etc.. and he has always seemed like a genuine guy off the ice. im actually extremely surprised, i would've thought Nashville won this trade

i think the nail in the coffin was late last year when MTL were desperate for wins to stay in the playoffs and Subban litterally had 4 or 5 consecutive games having the puck in his zone... trying to skate it himself while he always had multiple options for a quick transition outlet pass, turned the puck over and next thing you know the puck was in the back of the net. Every single time. Therrien even called him out on it. And trust me i don't believe in coaches throwing their players under the bus, but coaches have been telling him for years to be smarter and to not take those risks at those crucial time and he's still doing it, he's not listening and it think it showed them that subban was always playing for Subban and not for the MTL canadians and no one in the organization liked that. Which is what Carboneau said when he was coaching him, "every game you never know if PK is going to play for PK or if he's gonna play for the Canadians".  

1 hour ago, Onddeck said:

Yeah, I mean, wasn't he one of the guys who donated like 10 million dollars of his own money to a charity either this season or last?  A few guys did I think, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the ones who gave up a large chunk of money.

BUT, at the same time, I also heard that apparently he wouldn't let any of his teammates eat Clam Chowder, so...maybe there's two sides to everyone. =/

17 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I mean, wasn't he one of the guys who donated like 10 million dollars of his own money to a charity either this season or last?  A few guys did I think, but I'm pretty sure he was one of the ones who gave up a large chunk of money.

BUT, at the same time, I also heard that apparently he wouldn't let any of his teammates eat Clam Chowder, so...maybe there's two sides to everyone. =/

Yeah he donated 10 millions over 7 years but Bill Cosby donated 20 millions to a college. Just sayin' lol

i mean, i am by no stretch of imagination saying he's a bad person, he's just a bad teammate and very selfish on the ice. For him it's all about himself and getting all the attention. 

there's absolutely no doubt im my mouth that PK will be the next Don Cherry. None. it's a done deal. 

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Ah, yes, you dislike PK so you mention him in the same breath as a rapist. Classy as always, SD

you're out of your mind and reaching here. You know damn well what my analogy meant. "It's not cause you're donating money that you're a good person" and i used the ultimate example of an horrible man donating LOTS of money. That's it that's all.

Edited by SterioDesign

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I liked him as a character guy, but I'm well aware he is borderline talent wise. But he's got an interesting story. Hope things go well for him. 

My little daughters will be devastated, they loved him, just because of his name

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Glad I don't have to see that schmuck's face anymore.  Another dead weight who managed to score playing time in the Devils worst times since the 80's is now cut loose hopefully forever.

While I think he was definitely a perfect example of everything that was wrong with the rosters assembled by a past his prime Lou, I think you're being a little harsh on a guy who worked his a$$ off every time they sent him out on the ice.  I hope he does well in Chicago.