Around the League 15-16 Edition

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admire the way you read between the lines of our very unbiased friend It's often so subtle that i dunno how you notice anything 

So, after the Yandle > Florida trade: "In the span of recent trades, the New York Rangers have traded this year's 1st round pick, 3 2nd round picks, a 4th round pick, Duclair, Saarela and Moor

I wonder if SD compares other things in his life to Parise contract.  "hey man, that girl was checking you out all night but left the bar with a different guy.... Why didn't you lock her up soone

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Wouldn't Stamkos net more money on a 8.5 million dollar contract due to the tax situation in Florida than rather say on a 10 million contract in NY or Detroit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very good question actually

18 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

Wouldn't Stamkos net more money on a 8.5 million dollar contract due to the tax situation in Florida than rather say on a 10 million contract in NY or Detroit?

This article has some good information on how much Stamkos will take home on various deals (8 years in TB @ 8.5 vs 7 in NY @ 10).

Obviously he'd have much higher endorsement income in a place like Toronto, but it's a good resource that captures the tax situations.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/inside-the-money-matters-for-steven-stamkos/2262766

• Like 1

Preds re-sign Forsberg for 6 years, 6 million per.   Seems like a steal but then again, most of the deals Poile has signed are pretty good.  It's when Holmgren steps in and signs his contracts when he gets in trouble.   

Seriously, they have Josi, Ekholm and Ellis signed for the next 3 seasons for a combined 10.25 million.   That's insane.   They're also going to get 8 million of space next summer when the Fisher and Ribero deals are up.     

Wonder what other "interesting" players weren't qualified today?  Michael Latta (3rd/4th liner w/ Caps) any good?

21 minutes ago, sokar said:

I would have thought he would have cost more than that

I feel the opposite, seems high to me.  He's a 3rd liner and that's a lot of years, especially for a GM who played hardball with PK and Galchenyuk.  

On 6/25/2016 at 11:35 AM, Zubie#8 said:

according to that article it seems he would still be making less.

also consideration is the death tax depending if a player is married or not.

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

8 years, 8.5MM for Stamkos.  68M total over 8 years.

He must've wanted to stay all along, teams could've beaten that.

Yeah, I mean, if you can believe players, and reports, he did say that he preferred to stay, so I guess he was telling the truth.