Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Ah, yes, you dislike PK so you mention him in the same breath as a rapist. Classy as always, SD

you're out of your mind and reaching here. You know damn well what my analogy meant. "It's not cause you're donating money that you're a good person" and i used the ultimate example of an horrible man donating LOTS of money. That's it that's all.

Edited by SterioDesign

37 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Tootoo to the Hawks, 1 year 750,000

I liked him as a character guy, but I'm well aware he is borderline talent wise. But he's got an interesting story. Hope things go well for him. 

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I liked him as a character guy, but I'm well aware he is borderline talent wise. But he's got an interesting story. Hope things go well for him. 

My little daughters will be devastated, they loved him, just because of his name

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Glad I don't have to see that schmuck's face anymore.  Another dead weight who managed to score playing time in the Devils worst times since the 80's is now cut loose hopefully forever.

While I think he was definitely a perfect example of everything that was wrong with the rosters assembled by a past his prime Lou, I think you're being a little harsh on a guy who worked his a$$ off every time they sent him out on the ice.  I hope he does well in Chicago.   

2 minutes ago, NLinfante said:

What's is Krieder's value? I know offer sheets are beyond rare, but what is he reasonably worth per year relative to Palms?

It doesn't matter anymore - now that he's filed for arbitration he can't receive an offer sheet.  I guess I'd pay like $4.5M for him on the open market?  He's been a minor disappointment - he has star talent with his skating and shot but I'm not sure he'll ever be better than what he is now.

52 minutes ago, Triumph said:

It doesn't matter anymore - now that he's filed for arbitration he can't receive an offer sheet.  I guess I'd pay like $4.5M for him on the open market?  He's been a minor disappointment - he has star talent with his skating and shot but I'm not sure he'll ever be better than what he is now.

I thought 3.75 to 4.25 so we're not that far off. What do you think #21 will get if we reach a deal before arbitration? I see people offering more than 6 a year and that seems a bit high to me.

5 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

My little daughters will be devastated, they loved him, just because of his name

My daughter too. We have matching home and road jerseys. 

What's is Krieder's value? I know offer sheets are beyond rare, but what is he reasonably worth per year relative to Palms?

Kreider has the talent, the body but his hockey brain is the size of a peanut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Lateralous said:

While I think he was definitely a perfect example of everything that was wrong with the rosters assembled by a past his prime Lou, I think you're being a little harsh on a guy who worked his a$$ off every time they sent him out on the ice.  I hope he does well in Chicago.   

Tons of players work their ass off every time they step onto the ice and they are much better/more productive or just don't hurt the team by taking dumb penalties like Tootoo did.  Good riddance to another piece of what will eventually be one of the worst eras in Devils history.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 6:40 PM, Triumph said:

I would say Kreider is similar to Palmieri. Brooks actually had a decent article about that signing and how it impacts CK. 

And Kreider is still the prototypical power-and-speed forward for which every team yearns. Unfortunately that often includes the Rangers on those 45-50 nights a year in which Did You See Chris comes in the form of a question rather than as an exclamation.

Palmieri seems more the consistent, finished product while Kreider remains a work in progress with both a higher ceiling and a lower floor.

Kreider is 2 years away from UFA. So, NYR have two choices. Sign him for a short term and make him prove himself. Or go 5 for 25 million. Choice C is trade him. Highly unlikely although I'm not opposed to it. They must also pony up for J.T. Miller, who IMHO is better and more consistent. Hayes and McIlrath aren't arbitration eligible.