Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

what if we do land vesey, that could make a forward available to package to land shattenkirk. boom.

At this point it seems likely STL will evaluate the Shattenkirk situation at the deadline, and probably keep him for a playoff run. Besides, unless he comes with an extension it makes no sense to part with young forward assets as he wouldn't make us a contender this year anyway.  

18 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Flames sign Sean Monahan to seven-year contract extension  $44.625.000 
$6.375.000 per year

That's...some serious dough. I admittedly don't catch many Flames games so I dont really know how good he's been but it seems like a rich contract to me.

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That's...some serious dough. I admittedly don't catch many Flames games so I dont really know how good he's been but it seems like a rich contract to me.

22 years old guy

i dont remember whats contracts were giving for big players some years ago when they are 21-23 years old.

Really makes me wonder what is going on in their minds in Florida. Do they really value Lawson Crouse that low? Can't imagine just giving away last year's first round pick to help clear salary like that. If Chicago, Pittsburgh, or New York hasn't done anything that desperate, why would Florida?

Yeesh... They better have something huge up their sleeves or this makes NO sense.

Edited by DJ Eco

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Arizona is going to be sick this year with Pavel Datsyuk, Dave Bolland and Chris Pronger.

Don't forget that the Devils have Marc Savard!

11 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Pretty good signing by the Rangers, although they seem overloaded at forward depth.

This, I actually love Brandon Pirri as a player, but does he actually fit as a 4th liner? My vote is no, he doesn't have the skill set to play on a checking 4th line, and there's no spot for him in their Top 9

Nash - Zibanejad - Zuccarello

Kreider - Stepan - Miller

Vesey - Hayes - Buchnevich

Catching up to this a little late.  That would be a tough pill to swallow as a Florida fan just to get rid of a contract everyone knew was pretty ugly the day it was signed.  

Arizona having a great summer adding Keller, Crouse and Chychrun to their already loaded stable of young talent.  Goligoski was a decent add as well.