GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Rapid reactions:

Gionta still fvcking blows. How the fringe AHLer at best still gets significant NHL minutes is beyond me.

Boucher had a rough game. Missing the open net in the first, bad vision throughout and the momentum sucking penalty killed us.

I hope Tootoo on the PP is temporary until Elias comes back...

That later power play in the 3rd built hope but why they refused to pass to the back door is beyond me. JJ tried to but only when there was terrible traffic to pick it off.

EDIT: I didn't mind the YS trumpet on TV, but what did piss me off is that was the loudest the arena was all night, at least thats how it sounded on TV

Edited by jagknife

Ugh,  it's like watching a team's confidence beaten down... and it's game one.

i know they just took a loss but the looks on some of their faces as they left the ice was not too good.. i think tomorrow will be an even worse loss playing washington. chalk it up we start the season 0-2 after tomorrow.

DVRed this as I knew I would not be able to see it live. Get the feeling I probably should just delete it.

While far from the reason we lost, I will lose it if Gionta is in the lineup tomorrow.

Team needs to work on staying out of the box. I guess adjusting to a new style takes time but that was brutal.

Sad that the loudest chant was the YS chant...when we were still down 2-1. I hope they take the vuvuzela guy to a back room and beat the sh!t out of him with it.

Oh great now our fans are doing the islanders/wrestling woooo chant. Can't wait till that is "tradition" in a couple of years.

While the devils were faster than last year, they still looked like they moved in slow motion compared to the jets.

i know they just took a loss but the looks on some of their faces as they left the ice was not too good.. i think tomorrow will be an even worse loss playing washington. chalk it up we start the season 0-2 after tomorrow.

Team won't be good so I can't get too broken up or surprised about tonight's result. As long as they take out Gionta and work on taking less penalties tomorrow I will feel better.

Good news is that players are not fans and can shake off bad losses much better than fans do.  It wasn't a good first outing - trouble with zone exits, and more importantly, trouble with establishing the puck in Winnipeg's zone - they got a couple of chances in transition but rarely had the puck at the point or in the corners for very long.

I liked what Kalinin was able to do.  Lot of good plays out of him - he seems like an NHLer.  Took some big hits though - may have to adjust to that.

Wasn't particularly enamored of anyone on the defense, but I think it will take time for things to come together there.  Larsson had some nice plays and some ugly ones, ditto Severson.  

fvck our fans. Seriously. The entire third period people were yelling "whoooo!". I don't know if it was ironically or drunkenly but I wanted to kill them. One moron kept yelling "zubrus sucks". Someone else yelled "we need Marty".

I can deal with a loss. I can't deal with these fvcking idiots.

Big thanks to the PA guys for encouraging that Whoooo bullsh!t, heard that clear as day on TV