GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Gionta absolutely isn't NHL caliber anymore. They might give him a few more games but they need to jettison him when Elias gets back and cycle in the younger forwards for better looks.

Offense is going to be a problem again this year. Jets look like a solid team to me and if their goaltending holds up could be a dark horse playoff contender this year.

fvck our fans. Seriously. The entire third period people were yelling "whoooo!". I don't know if it was ironically or drunkenly but I wanted to kill them. One moron kept yelling "zubrus sucks". Someone else yelled "we need Marty".

I can deal with a loss. I can't deal with these fvcking idiots.

Whoever plays the songs and audio clips started that. They played a Ric Flair wooo clip and people started doing it and then they played it again.

Gionta absolutely isn't NHL caliber anymore. They might give him a few more games but they need to jettison him when Elias gets back and cycle in the younger forwards for better looks.

Offense is going to be a problem again this year. Jets look like a solid team to me and if their goaltending holds up could be a dark horse playoff contender this year.

It amazes me how much attention the 4th line gets.  This team has no 1st line, the top 2 centers put up 4th line numbers offensively last year, the 3rd line center put up barely above average numbers in the KHL.  And yet I see posts about Gionta.  Incredible.

You're also the first person to jump down throats when others complain about Zajac's numbers. Tell us- what are we allowed to complain about?

Your post has no content whatsoever and is just designed to provoke.  It's a terrible post.  But hey, if you're so upset by me, just put me on ignore.

It's just bizarre to me that Gionta is still some people's fetish.  At one point this team was good and the 4th line was an issue and Gionta was on it.  Now this team is probably bad and people still complain about him, it's like complaining about watered down drinks on the Titanic.  He'll be gone next year.  

Edited by Triumph

Your post has no content whatsoever and is just designed to provoke. It's a terrible post. But hey, if you're so upset by me, just put me on ignore.

It's just bizarre to me that Gionta is still some people's fetish. At one point this team was good and the 4th line was an issue and Gionta was on it. Now this team is probably bad and people still complain about him, it's like complaining about watered down drinks on the Titanic. He'll be gone next year.

Yes we know that Gionta isn't the reason we lost the game. That's not our point.

Yes the top 6 is still a mess, but it's a mess that will take many seasons to remedy. The bottom 6 is also a mess, but can already get better by taking Gionta out. There simply aren't better players on the devils right now that can take a top 6 spot than what was out tonight. There are however better options no matter how marginally they are that can replace Gionta as early as tomorrow's game.

Your post has no content whatsoever and is just designed to provoke. It's a terrible post. But hey, if you're so upset by me, just put me on ignore.

It's just bizarre to me that Gionta is still some people's fetish. At one point this team was good and the 4th line was an issue and Gionta was on it. Now this team is probably bad and people still complain about him, it's like complaining about watered down drinks on the Titanic. He'll be gone next year.

I think people are just sick of him and would rather see just about any of the younger guys get a chance at his spot whereas it's a little more unrealistic to think one of the kids are going to take a spot in the higher lines.

Between the weather getting there and the team just being almost the same exact awfulness as last year this was really a rough night. I hope they have a bounce back game tomorrow against the caps.

I think people are just sick of him and would rather see just about any of the younger guys get a chance at his spot whereas it's a little more unrealistic to think one of the kids are going to take a spot in the higher lines.

Between the weather getting there and the team just being almost the same exact awfulness as last year this was really a rough night. I hope they have a bounce back game tomorrow against the caps.

Was going to post something similar re: Gionta. Fans are just sick of seeing him. That being said, not all of the deadwood gets cleared out right away. In the grand scheme, we won't have to endure him for much longer.

Sure, but generally you don't give kids a shot on the 4th line, unless they've been pros for a while.  When Elias comes back you might see Kalinin slide down there and Gionta move over to RW, although I doubt it given Boucher's start.

fvck our fans. Seriously. The entire third period people were yelling "whoooo!". I don't know if it was ironically or drunkenly but I wanted to kill them. One moron kept yelling "zubrus sucks". Someone else yelled "we need Marty".

Seriously, what is this retarded wooing thing?

I mean the hockey was brutal and boring but it was still incredibly annoying to have to listen to this sh!t for twenty minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Seriously, what is this retarded wooing thing?

I mean the hockey was brutal and boring but it was still incredibly annoying to have to listen to this sh!t for twenty minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was started with an audio clipped played by the team ... Over and over again. I blame the team for egging it on. It was annoying, but no worse than the 2617 Rangers suck, flyers swallow chants that were started tonight.

Well buckle up. We'll have to deal with a LOT of losses this year and those idiots are not going anywhere lol

just by looking at our roster ..it is tough to think that even 2 seasons from now we will be able to find some talent to plug in there to turn this whole team around to compete on a serious note in this league, it just looks like there are too many missing parts..we keep filling in gaps with crap players season after season... ryder, brunner..then it was havlat..now its the few spare parts we just plugged into the line up for this season..

It was started with an audio clipped played by the team ... Over and over again. I blame the team for egging it on. It was annoying, but no worse than the 2617 Rangers suck, flyers swallow chants that were started tonight.

It was worse cause it was team-sanctioned.  It's one thing when the fans just get stupid on their own but the team encouraging it, and when we're getting killed in the third period is something else.

Oh lord, I hope not.  Schlemko needs more than one game to show he's better than Gelinas.

The problem is I'm afraid he's going to get fifty games to be the new Peter Harrold.

Was going to post something similar re: Gionta. Fans are just sick of seeing him. That being said, not all of the deadwood gets cleared out right away. In the grand scheme, we won't have to endure him for much longer.

Correction: fans here are sick of him.  Fans at the arena still give him among the loudest ovations of any of the players during intros.