Sign in to follow this  
Satans Hockey

Andy Greene named 11th captain in Devils history.

I don't like the alternating A thing. In my opinion, it belongs to 2 guys, and can be given out to others if they're hurt. 5 guys wearing letters is a lot.

But, like I mentioned this summer and is now official, we now have an American captain, American coach, American GM, American starting goalie, American ownership. Anyone know if any organization has ever had a sweep of Americans like that?

I don't like the alternating A thing. In my opinion, it belongs to 2 guys, and can be given out to others if they're hurt. 5 guys wearing letters is a lot.

I'm usually against it but our circumstances are pretty unique. We don't have a clearcut superstar. And if you pick two and leave out two of Henrique, Zajac, Elias, or Cammalleri, it's a snub. They all offer something different (and integral) as far as leadership goes. And as far as Henrique is concerned, I think this is step one in grooming him for captain in 3-4 years.

Edited by DJ Eco

I would have been Happy with either Andy or Henrique. Glad to see Adam got the A as well (some nights at least).

Hard work pays off.

So now the question: can you name the Devils' previous 10 captains?

Let's see if anyone can guess them all.

Edited by MadDog2020

I can only go back to Muller (I think).

Parise

Langs

Elias

Stevens?

Muller

Never mind I suck

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Greene, Salvador, Parise, Langenbrunner, Elias, Niedermayer, Stevens, Driver, Muller, Bridgeman, Lever.

Did that off the top of my head.  I think I am right.

glad that greene got the big C. I think most of us knew he was going to be the guy to get it if the team was going to have a captain this season. ...and if you can believe it or not there are still people complaining on facebook that he got the C. Some people will never be happy about anything.

Greene, Salvador, Parise, Langenbrunner, Elias, Niedermayer, Stevens, Driver, Muller, Bridgeman, Lever.

Did that off the top of my head. I think I am right.

Well done sir.

Would've been fine with no captain, but pleased with the choice. He earned it a long time ago, and seems perfect now. Heard rumors from a decent sourse (I know, this is as bad as the security guard thing) that part of the reason he didn't get it was he was too open/honest about FO and coaching, so it's refreshing to see the team pick him. I loved Lou as much as anyone, but it was time for a change and we seem to be doing a lot of the right things differently.

I was hoping Henrique but I'm happy for Greene. He's long been a steady, underrated player.

He seems to be the next in line. Which I'm okay with, to be honest.

Maybe I'm "old fashioned" but I don't like the idea of younger players being captain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He seems to be the next in line. Which I'm okay with, to be honest.

Maybe I'm "old fashioned" but I don't like the idea of younger players being captain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea, it should definitely be the long tenured vets. Henrique will have it when Greene retires, leaves, or gives it up, and hopefully they don't see him as a filler until Henrique is ready.