GDT: Nashville Predators @ NJ Devils 7pm

eaglejelly

http://devils.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020037&navid=DL|NJD|home

Devils team scope: Defenseman John Moore is day-to-day after sustaining a bone bruise on his right arm when he attempted to block a shot in the third period of a 5-3 loss to the Washington Capitals on Saturday. He skated on his own Monday and expects to be in the lineup. Schneider did not practice on Monday in order to be with his pregnant wife, Jill, who is due to give birth to the couple's first child. A decision on Schneider will be made later Monday or Tuesday, according to coach John Hynes.

We can't lose them all , right?

LGD

here are the expected lines if anyone is interested... (taken from HF).... tootoo in our top 6 says it all...

Jiri Tlusty-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jordin Tootoo

Lee Stempniak-Jacob Josefson-Brian O'Neill

Stefan Matteau-Stephen Gionta-Tuomo Ruutu

Greene-Larsson

Merrill-Moore

Schlemko-Severson/Gelinas

Keith Kinkaid

hahahahahaha and there are still fans on FB that think this is a playoff team.

Can't say I didn't see this coming but it is what it is.  Just got to ride it out for another year or two.

dude iam close to taking myself out of that facebook group that we are in... the people there ( well 90% of them) are so goddamn dumb and say such stupid sh!t it makes me actually cringe at some of the crap these people suggest and say and its constant. Anyway were definently going to suck this year we all knew that and theres no way around it for us.. but if we scoop up some talent over the summer maybe with a signing and a trade i hope we can have something to watch next season.

dude iam close to taking myself out of that facebook group that we are in... the people there ( well 90% of them) are so goddamn dumb and say such stupid sh!t it makes me actually cringe at some of the crap these people suggest and say and its constant. Anyway were definently going to suck this year we all knew that and theres no way around it for us.. but if we scoop up some talent over the summer maybe with a signing and a trade i hope we can have something to watch next season.

Some random dude added me to one group "Devils all day all night i think"... at first i was like.. fine let's see what's up. But i had to leave that fvcking thing after like 2 weeks i just couldn't stand it anymore. It was more of a Rangers hate club than anything. People posting pictures of them flipping the finger to someone's back wearing a rangers jersey... i mean... how low is that. You wanna act cool at least take the picture with that person looking at you lol not with their back turned. And that's just one example.

I'm not saying the whole fanbase is like that but from what i've seen.... there IS an inferiority complex going on with this fanbase at the moment let's no kid ourselves... i've seen comebacks to that observation bringing up our cups and bla bla.... that was over 10 years ago... maybe we should stop bringing up the Rangers living in the past if our only defence is what we did in the past. 

Now there's even fans trying to make fun of other team's attendance... lol i mean really? Our team is in a terrible terrible spot right now and it's really bringing the worst out of us really. Trying to use any methods to make us feel better but it's quite hard to find these days.

Most people knows that my personal rivalry is more against Habs fans than Rangers fans because of where i live... I use to be able to shut any of them easily cause my team's success could back me up lol that's gone now. So now when they make fun of the Devils situation and bragging about their team's succes, so all i can say is that my team may suck and their team is doing good. Cool. 

But the only thing we can control as fans is how we act as a fanbase. And well that's always my comeback to any trash talk attempts now. "My team may suck... but it's not as if i have anything to do with it. I'm not playing the game, i'm just watching. But you... you're part of the worst fanbase in the history of the league... No other teams have as much collective idiotic episodes than your fanbase (the rocket riot, the pacioretty chara thing, the riot in 93, all the manifestations, etc etc etc) and there's not even a close 2nd honestly. So if you're proud of that and wanna brag about it. Good on you."

the same could be said about the Rangers fanbase, no other team has done as much ridiculous over the top ceremonies, keep living in the past and hanging 80 banners per seasons and all that crap. 

so yeah, i'm really hoping our fanbase is not becoming worst and worst .

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Some random dude added me to one group "Devils all day all night i think"... at first i was like.. fine let's see what's up. But i had to leave that fvcking thing after like 2 weeks i just couldn't stand it anymore. It was more of a Rangers hate club than anything. People posting pictures of them flipping the finger to someone's back wearing a rangers jersey... i mean... how low is that. You wanna act cool at least take the picture with that person looking at you lol not with their back turned. And that's just one example.

I'm not saying the whole fanbase is like that but from what i've seen.... there IS an inferiority complex going on with this fanbase at the moment let's no kid ourselves... i've seen comebacks to that observation bringing up our cups and bla bla.... that was over 10 years ago... maybe we should stop bringing up the Rangers living in the past if our only defence is what we did in the past.

Now there's even fans trying to make fun of other team's attendance... lol i mean really? Our team is in a terrible terrible spot right now and it's really bringing the worst out of us really. Trying to use any methods to make us feel better but it's quite hard to find these days.

Most people knows that my personal rivalry is more against Habs fans than Rangers fans because of where i live... I use to be able to shut any of them easily cause my team's success could back me up lol that's gone now. So now when they make fun of the Devils situation and bragging about their team's succes, all i have to say is that my team may suck and their team is doing good. Cool.

But the only thing we can control as fans is how we act as a fanbase. And well that's always my comeback to any trash talk attempts now. "My team may suck... but it's not as if i have anything to do with it. I'm not playing the game, i'm just watching. But you... you're part of the worst fanbase in the history of the league... No other teams have as much collective idiotic episodes than your fanbase (the rocket riot, the pacioretty chara thing, the riot in 93, all the manifestations, etc etc etc) and there's not even a close 2nd honestly. So if you're proud of that and wanna brag about it. Good on you."

the same could be said about the Rangers fanbase, no other team has done as much ridiculous over the top ceremony and hanging 80 banners per seasons and all that crap.

that is exactly it! ... they are like savages some of the people on there.. on top of that there is a serious lack of knowledge when a majority of them open their mouths its just ridiculous. The team is in a terrible spot right now as you have said they are not exciting to watch and we do not have any players that bring that level of excitement since the departure of our 2 stars. It is what it is for now, but i also find myself having less of a real desire to spend money to go out to the arena just to be disappointed. I did buy a 7 game package so before anyone comes on here telling me i need to support the team this and that they can save it.. but to travel (for myself) an hour each way especially on a week/work night to spend a minimum of $100 ( 2 tickets,fuel,parking,food etc.) I chose to just stay home tonight and watch on my 55" Edited by 2ELIAS6

Our team stinks, and while I generally hope we put in an effort to win - to be competitive - I hope we seriously tank if we can't be a .500 team by the end of ten games.

Any good prospects for the 2016 NHL Draft?

that is exactly it! ... they are like savages some of the people on there.. on top of that there is a serious lack of knowledge when a majority of them open their mouths its just ridiculous. The team is in a terrible spot right now as you have said they are not exciting to watch and we do not have any players that bring that level of excitement since the departure of our 2 stars. It is what it is for now, but i also find myself having less of a real desire to spend money to go out to the arena just to be disappointed. I did buy a 7 game package so before anyone comes on here telling me i need to support the team this and that they can save it.. but to travel (for myself) an hour each way especially on a week/work night to spend a minimum of $100 ( 2 tickets,fuel,parking,food etc.) I chose to just stay home tonight and watch on my 55"

yeah, i once said that i changed my mind on making a trip to Newark to watch a game because of how bad the team is and some posters jumped on me saying i was a bad fan or wtv for not "supporting" my team or something along those lines... it would cost me over $1500 easily, i'm 12 hours away. So the travelling + hotel + game ticket and all. I get mad watching them on tv for FREE, i can't imagine spending $1500 on one game and see them getting 2 shots in a period and not wanting to kill myself.

Most people knows that my personal rivalry is more against Habs fans than Rangers fans because of where i live... I use to be able to shut any of them easily cause my team's success could back me up lol that's gone now. So now when they make fun of the Devils situation and bragging about their team's succes, so all i can say is that my team may suck and their team is doing good. Cool. 

the same could be said about the Rangers fanbase, no other team has done as much ridiculous over the top ceremonies, keep living in the past and hanging 80 banners per seasons and all that crap. 

That's the group I tend to spend a good amount of time in.  There are other groups but believe it or not they are worse.  One of the other larger groups (Real NJ Devils something something Fans) is basically dead as the leader of that group was Brodeur's nephew and he threw a hissy fit about Marty not being signed by the Devils and basically gave up on it now.  The mods from there formed their own group (Devils Advocates) lead by a group of moderators who really really REALLY enjoy hearing themselves talk.  Outside of them no one talks in that one.  There is also NJD Addicts and that was started by a guy who got kicked out by the leader of All Day All Night because he threatened to fight people.  I am not in NJD Addicts but all I heard was that he constantly bashes Cory and he has some sort of weird man-crush/fatal attraction to KK.  He actually stands outside the arena every night waiting for him to get his 300th autograph from him.

SD, you probably joined when it was during the playoffs last season.  That's when I tend to stay off of that group as there is a decent chunk of fans in there that are just so consumed about the Rangers that it overtakes it.  I used to ask people on there if its a pro-Devils group or anti-Rangers group, but I always got the response of "if you love the Devils, then you automatically hate the Rangers! Duh!"  It's brutal and not nearly as bad now as it was then (and probably will be come April).

Overall the groups are not bad, you just got to weed out the din a little bit.  I am trying to stay off the following topics in all of the Devils FB groups:

1) "Rangers suck!"

2) "Owners suck for whatever reason!"

3) Buy my tickets for over stubhub prices!

4) Cheap jerseys from Aliexpress!

5) Zajac sucks!  Tootoo needs to be captain!

6) Schneider sucks!  Bring up KK or un-retire Brodeur!

7) Bring back the goal song!

Outside of that the threads are not bad.  They talk a lot about the goings on at the games and the Rock other than what's immediately happening on the ice, which I can't say for here.

Edited by DevsMan84

Congrats to Cory, his wife had a baby boy this morning! Looks like Kink may get another start tonight... EDIT: Indeed, Kink between the pipes, Severson and Ruutu back in: @TGfireandice: Fire & Ice blog: Kinkaid to start for Devils after Schneider welcomes baby; Moore, Kalinin out; Severson, Ruutu in: http://fireandice.northjersey.com/mobile/fire-ice-1.174987/kinkaid-to-start-for-devils-after-schneider-welcomes-baby-moore-kalinin-out-severson-ruutu-in-1.1431318

Edited by MadDog2020

here are the expected lines if anyone is interested... (taken from HF).... tootoo in our top 6 says it all...

Jiri Tlusty-Adam Henrique-Kyle Palmieri

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Jordin Tootoo

Lee Stempniak-Jacob Josefson-Brian O'Neill

Stefan Matteau-Stephen Gionta-Tuomo Ruutu

Greene-Larsson

Merrill-Moore

Schlemko-Severson/Gelinas

Keith Kinkaid

"Tootoo in our top 6 says" we haven't yet acquired the players needed to be competitive.

It's a slow process to come back from as low as Lou took this team.

Have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day.

BTW, what did you expect?

Congrats to Cory and his wife, I sincerely hope all are healthy.

I had to leave a few of those groups because of the insanity. From the "Marty would have won that" to the ridiculous trade "rumors", I just couldn't read it every day.

I had to leave a few of those groups because of the insanity. From the "Marty would have won that" to the ridiculous trade "rumors", I just couldn't read it every day.

Thankfully that has slowed down a lot over the past year.  The only ones who are still saying it are the Marty blind worshippers.

"Tootoo in our top 6 says" we haven't yet acquired the players needed to be competitive.

It's a slow process to come back from as low as Lou took this team.

Have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day.

BTW, what did you expect?Congrats to Cory and his wife, I sincerely hope all are healthy.

i was expecting to at the very least not have to see the likes of tootoo.. your run of the muck 4th line enforcer in NJ's top 6 ...is what it is, was just stating that goes to show just how bad of a situation we are in.

That's the group I tend to spend a good amount of time in.  There are other groups but believe it or not they are worse.  One of the other larger groups (Real NJ Devils something something Fans) is basically dead as the leader of that group was Brodeur's nephew and he threw a hissy fit about Marty not being signed by the Devils and basically gave up on it now.  The mods from there formed their own group (Devils Advocates) lead by a group of moderators who really really REALLY enjoy hearing themselves talk.  Outside of them no one talks in that one.  There is also NJD Addicts and that was started by a guy who got kicked out by the leader of All Day All Night because he threatened to fight people.  I am not in NJD Addicts but all I heard was that he constantly bashes Cory and he has some sort of weird man-crush/fatal attraction to KK.  He actually stands outside the arena every night waiting for him to get his 300th autograph from him.

I agree, Devils All Day All Night is the best of the groups out there. I'd say it's a 50/50 split of people who know what they're talking about vs. don't, but that's a better split than the alternatives.