GDT: Nashville Predators @ NJ Devils 7pm

eaglejelly

Wayyy too early for the goalie pull.

This isn't the AHL or college. Pulling the goalie with 2 minutes left down 1-0 is amateur and completely retarded, except for on rare occasions.

Well on our way to Austin Matthews boys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they play like that for most of the year, this team might make the playoffs.  That was a great effort.

Just to put things into perspective, Boston and Pittsburgh are also 0-3-0.

Shots: 23-20 Devils

Fenwick: 30-28 Predators

Corsi: 38-33 Predators

We were right there with one of the best teams in the league.

If they play like that for most of the year, this team might make the playoffs.  That was a great effort.

looking forward to your uber-positive spin for another season :)

Edited by dmann422

If they play like that for most of the year, this team might make the playoffs. That was a great effort.

Lol I wish I could be that positive but heading into playing the sharks and Rangers this weekend we are going to most likely be off to an 0-5 start. My positive outlook on this season is already gone.

Lol I wish I could be that positive but heading into playing the sharks and Rangers this weekend we are going to most likely be off to an 0-5 start. My positive outlook on this season is already gone.

Yeah, until they start actually playing games that count, there's always that glimmer of hope...and then comes the realization that your bad team really is going to be bad. Then it's all about looking for positives and steps forward...and dialing up the patience in a big way.

Oh well. Didn't play awful but again this is a team with a lack of high end talent at forward and depth issues still.

Gonna be a long season but we all knew that.

Henrique is fine if you surround him with really good players, as we saw when we had really good players to surround him with. He's obviously not someone who's ever carrying you anywhere.

i agree.

It also sounds an awful lot like Zajac but somehow Henrique still gets a pass while Zajac gets sh!t on by our fans.

Status quo with our fans.

i agree.

It also sounds an awful lot like Zajac but somehow Henrique still gets a pass while Zajac gets sh!t on by our fans.

Status quo with our fans.

I don't know.  Yeah, Henrique is probably at his ceiling, but I don't think it takes away from his effectiveness.  The question is, is he a top 6 forward?  I would say yes.  Should he be held accountable?  Of course.  

I guess what I'm saying is that I understand your PoV, but Zajac is still an effective player and will be as he enters his mid-late thirties.  Zajac is in the same boat as Henrique.  Would they be top six players on stronger teams (Sharks, Kings, Rags, etc)?  Probably not, but that doesn't mean they cannot have success on this team.  

as a STH, there's going to be a lot of nights i go to this year that will be just like this. maybe it was my eyes, but i thought they really did not play well. or it's that these guys just are not a good collection of players. or both. poor passes, bad reads - just didn't seem like smart plays tonight.

at least they seem faster - which is something.

Devils forwards are a bunch of good role players that should be spread out around the NHL.. not all on one team.

Camm is only real scoring threat and there's no one to consistently set him up.. Maybe Elias for a few months can and will until he's dealt or him or Camm are injured again.