Devils' offense and net empty too often in 0-3 start

Derek21

HAhahahaha whoa whoa whoa. Thought sarcasm was very apparent in my messags

I'll accept this, sorry for my comments and assuming the worst...I'm too used to expecting the worst here now.  Probably time for another hiatus for me.

It just felt like a bit of a rampup after Eaglejelly and the Met board flamer's posts earlier in the thread.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yikes, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any post of mine that was an "attack" on anyone for a reason as ridiculous as that. I watched the Canes football game against FSU during he Devils Washington game and had a bunch of buddies say "you're missing the second game of the season? And you call yourself a real fan?".

Ah now I see where you were coming from.

I'll accept this, sorry for my comments and assuming the worst...I'm too used to expecting the worst here now.  Probably time for another hiatus for me.

It just felt like a bit of a rampup after Eaglejelly and the Met board flamer's posts earlier in the thread.

You got upset because of my comment? You need a thicker skin. I was just trying to point out that after watching the first 3 games, the timing of pulling the goalie is not my major concern for this team. Do we really need to throw the coach under the bus for throwing a hail mary after the team couldn't seriously threaten to score for 58 minutes?

went on tuesday night and have nothing good to say about the team except we had good seats to ourselves and was a lot of fun minus the 35$ parking you pay so you feel like you wont get robbed...i like having a venue to myself and went to the last phillies mets game this year that was an empty day game.

stats should be an option in my opinion not a rule...good to know about and not forced to follow...i use them all the time and keep an ear for what they are so i can make an informed gut decision on a situation haha Basically you decide if this play occurs this % of time you gamble if this is one of those times out of 100 lol

im no doubt routing for a devils preseason game over a dallas super bowl 100% of the time.

Edited by lazer

went on tuesday night and have nothing good to say about the team except we had good seats to ourselves and was a lot of fun minus the 35$ parking you pay so you feel like you wont get robbed...i like having a venue to myself and went to the last phillies mets game this year that was an empty day game.

stats should be an option in my opinion not a rule...good to know about and not forced to follow...i use them all the time and keep an ear for what they are so i can make an informed gut decision on a situation haha Basically you decide if this play occurs this % of time you gamble if this is one of those times out of 100 lol

im no doubt routing for a devils preseason game over a dallas super bowl 100% of the time.

You went to the rescheduled day game in Philly? You're not joking that you had the place to yourself. Terrible weather for a last place team that was rescheduled the night before on like a Wednesday. Announced attendance was like 13,000, but I heard turnstile numbers were in the ballpark of 1,200. It very well could have been the lowest turnout for a Phillies game since the Baker Bowl. I went to the single admission double header during that hurricane a few days later and it wasn't much better. But I agree, I love having the place to myself.

As for whoever wrote this article, I wasn't necessarily trying to say you were a sh!tty fan, I was just pointing out that having season tickets doesn't put you in this exclusive group of people who are the only ones that have something valid to say about their team. The Barclays Center ceo said something about the goal horn debacle when everyone attacked it on Twitter, saying something like "well most of you don't have season tickets". That doesn't mean that they aren't the ones watching every single game and have been hearing that goal horn after every islanders game growing up.

I spend 3 nights of my week watching on crappy online streams, or draining my data streaming wfan to my phone. I grew up in a non hockey family with no hockey fans for friends and my grandmother and I went to our first devils game when I was 7. I've watched probably 95% of games in the last 7 or 8 years. And there are thousands more Devils fans far more dedicated than I am who can't have season tickets. A lot of them are on this board. So when STHs scoff at the rest of us when our opinions differ, it just seems like an ignorant way to assert your loyalty/fandom/dedication, whatever.

Season ticket holders are usually extremely intelligent and great people, and are no doubt the core of any fan base. Just remember for every one of you, there are 20 of us who wish we had the money, time, and/or favorable enough living situation to make that commitment.

I was just trying to point out that after watching the first 3 games, the timing of pulling the goalie is not my major concern for this team. Do we really need to throw the coach under the bus for throwing a hail mary after the team couldn't seriously threaten to score for 58 minutes?

Just to clarify I don't have an issue with this post or many of the others in this thread...I just didn't care for a out of context sardonic one-liner that looked like something off TG's comments section and added nothing to the discussion. And no I'm not blaming Hynes for losing the first three games, but if he is going to make decisions like that now I hope he learns when to pick his spots better when the games matter more. Throwing Hail Marys may satisfy you and others that like the coach 'doing something' but there are times where being aggressive crosses over into being reckless. Pulling the goalie short handed when you still had 2:30 to do it after the penalty expired was one of those cases. If the penalty was just starting that's different, then you have to pull the goaltender at some point anyway but with only half a minute left on the PK?

And for the record I know of no more dedicated fans anywhere than the overseas ones who watch the team at weirdass hours like yourself. We're allowed to disagree. I'd just rather not get into ****ing contests over it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You went to the rescheduled day game in Philly? You're not joking that you had the place to yourself. Terrible weather for a last place team that was rescheduled the night before on like a Wednesday. Announced attendance was like 13,000, but I heard turnstile numbers were in the ballpark of 1,200. It very well could have been the lowest turnout for a Phillies game since the Baker Bowl. I went to the single admission double header during that hurricane a few days later and it wasn't much better. But I agree, I love having the place to myself.

the bean ball game the night before got me pumped up and the next day there were more employees than fans but hey october ball am i right

last tuesday night was empty but it didnt feel like it cause we were on the boards 

Edited by lazer