Columbus Beat Writer Says Devils Interested in Atkinson, CBJ wants Lar

Daniel

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline 8h8 hours ago

Source tonight suggested #CBJ and #NJDevils could be trade partners. D Adam Larsson likely #CBJ target; RW Cam Atkinson part of #CBJ package

It's kind of click baity, but of all the celebrities that used car dealer told George the LeBaron belonged to, why Jon Voight?

Larsson obviously commands a lot more than Atkinson though, and I imagine that Shero understands that.

It's kind of click baity, but of all the celebrities that used car dealer told George the LeBaron belonged to, why Jon Voight?

Larsson obviously commands a lot more than Atkinson though, and I imagine that Shero understands that.

Portzline is like their version of TG, so he is legit.

That being said , they better be giving us Atkinson and two of Bjorkstrand, Milano and Wennberg to make it worth it.

Larsson has the makings of captain material, he has the potential to be our best d-man since the Stevens/Neids/Rafalski era and he's getting closer every few months. The trade should not even be considered unless a lot more is added to the package.

Edited by DJ Eco

I'm not in favor of trading any of our youth, especially Larsson or Severson. I'd rather just be patient and draft. If we can trade older guys for youth, fine, but I don't see the point in lateral moves right now.

This.  If a steal of a trade is there for the taking, then so be it.  But there are certain players you build a franchise around, and Larsson is going to be one of them for us.  I'm not trading him unless it's ridiculously 1 sided in our favor.

Our best bet is to trade away certain vets at the trade deadline for draft picks.  There are no short term fixes here, and everyone knows (or should know) that.

I'm not a fan of trading AL either. Best case scenario, I'd really enjoy seeing him be a home grown player that makes a career here and is an ambassador for NJ hockey. Some great Dmen have come out of SWE in recent years, their program is amazing. AL isn't Erik Karlsson, but the asking price should be pretty damn insane.  

Don't really want to do this trade, it's not outlandish but I like what I see out of Larsson. I want to keep this D together even though Atkinson is a valuable forward...he's still sort of undersized and doesn't strike me as a guy who will ever top 40-45 pts.

As far as I'm concerned, Larsson and Severson are untouchable. Those guys don't ever move unless the return is just to ridiculous to pass up. If Columbus wants a defenseman, I ask them what they would be willing to do around Merrill. Maybe they'd be open to doing something involving Merrill and Kerby Rychel.

Edited by MadDog2020

Silly rumour. 

Doubt the Blue Jackets make any trades for a little while, as they'll probably see if the coaching changes has the desired result. 

Not so fast. Jarmo has been trying to get a dman since the draft. That being said, Larsson shouldnt be on the table unless it's an insane offer

No way would I take Atkinson for either Larsson or Severson. Blue Jackets are desperate for a quality defenseman that's for sure.

I'd be open to dealing Severson but only for a top young forward that has a better all around game than Atkinson. Atkinson does fit the profile of what I believe Shero is looking to build up in his forwards corps in terms of more speed, playmaking.

Just from the ebbs and flow of the league, there is no way that this trade happens, especially now.  Larsson is an offseason acquisition type of player.  I am not one to say that he is untouchable (no one is now on this roster), but there are times when you can get the most return on a player.  This is not it for Larsson.