GDT: NJD @ OTT 7:30 PM

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christ what a play by Stemp!   Cowan should get 2 minutes for that sh!t   EDIT That was all instigated by Rico....

Oh my god, I thought the same exact thing. According to my calculations, the odds of the outcome we just witnessed were about 316 to 1.    UPDATE* - Just got off the phone with an MIT prof and he sa

I came away impressed by the Devils. I put it on right after I saw the end of the Rangers. They play so hard for Hynes. There's no quit. Stempniak fits in perfectly. Nice to see. I was more taken by y

Come from behind 2 goals down late in the third AND get a SHOOTOUT win. 2 things I didn't think would happen all season and I got them in one game. That was fun. Goodnight boys!

I like how John Hynes can't even bare to watch the shootout. You could on the replay of them coming off the bench he was writing on his notepad. I don't blame him.

Haha was just gonna post this

Wow stempniak is a fvcking steal and you guys were all complaining when we got him

What? I didn't see a single complaint when we signed him.

I like how John Hynes can't even bare to watch the shootout. You could on the replay of them coming off the bench he was writing on his notepad. I don't blame him.

I thought the same. I assume it's him trying to decide who would shoot next.

I'm thinking Palmieri is playing with a nagging injury from that preseason Philly game. Something seems off.

i certainly hope there's something because i have not been at all impressed with his play to start the season. and i don't love him on the point of the PP either. but it's early in the season - they'll figure this kind of stuff out.

i dont remember the last time i saw a 3 game winning streak and points in the last 4 straight.. the team certainly has gotten their confidence back it seems and they are playing for each other which is pretty important here.. lets hope the fire can keep rolling!

Schneider said the team has that "winning" feeling, something he says they haven't had in his time here. That's nice to hear.

cant get too excited yet.. (no im not saying they will even be good enough to make the post season) but it sure is nice to feel excitred about watching this team again..really hope they can keep up the strong efforts and finishes!

Fun game.  Ottawa is terrible defensively - I mean really bad - and NJ caught some breaks.  I like how NJ is playing though, they're staying competitive in games.  They're getting nothing from those bottom 2 lines though, and that's going to sink them if it's not rectified.

Come from behind 2 goals down late in the third AND get a SHOOTOUT win. 2 things I didn't think would happen all season and I got them in one game. That was fun. Goodnight boys!

Oh my god, I thought the same exact thing. According to my calculations, the odds of the outcome we just witnessed were about 316 to 1. 

UPDATE* - Just got off the phone with an MIT prof and he said my math was, "Totally sound." So, there you go.

• Like 1

How did Zajac look through most of the game?  Seems like we have guys who are starting to find their places almost.  Josefson looks twice the player when he's doing any kind of special teams including shootouts.  I agree.  Elias on Josefson's wing would be ideal.  

I agree with Palmieri,  There's still some things he needs to figure out.  He has been okay, but definitely could be better.  I didn't expect him to get outscored by Henrique and Zajac to start the year off.  I think he's looked okay next to Zajac, but I'd like to see him with Cammy and Henrique.  Speaking of Henrique, did Hynes finally stop using him to take faceoffs?  He's just as bad as Gionta at taking draws.  

Has Jordin Tootoo ever scored this much?  As far as enforcer/4th liner/ grinder types, he's not that bad in terms of chipping in some offense.  

Also this.  Devils win!!!

zCvsEGA.jpg

Edited by RizzMB30