GDT Canucks at Devils 5pm

Satans Hockey

I'm not pro anything. It pisses me off when this dude who maybe hasn't even seen the Prudential Center before, who very possibly has never even been in the state of New Jersey before, can tell us how much our crowd sucks and our deepest rivalry is due only to our inferiority complex. What does he know about what it means to be a Devils fan from New Jersey and deeply hate the Rangers and their fans? Nothing.

Anyway, amazing win tonight. For one reason or another, I never really doubted the outcome. I have no idea why, even when the major was called, I just knew this game was going our way.

Between your postings on this board and in the Mets thread on here, I am convinced you are the biggest troll and SJW on here.

That Larsson call was insane. I don't think it was even a penalty, let alone a 5 and a game misconduct.

Zajac continues to have a resurgence, the top line did things again and Palmieri continues to be a revelation. Awesome win

are there any potential suspension repurcussions with a misconduct? If so that absolutely needs to be reviewed from the NHL office.

Unreal.

But a great W. Look at our schedule the past week and the week ahead. Philly (always tough), Chicago, Vancouver, Chicago, Pitt- we'really playing well at a great time

In case you didnt kno, we're playing pretty aqesome you guys.. and fun to watch!

are there any potential suspension repurcussions with a misconduct? If so that absolutely needs to be reviewed from the NHL office.

Unreal.

But a great W. Look at our schedule the past week and the week ahead. Philly (always tough), Chicago, Vancouver, Chicago, Pitt- we'really playing well at a great time

In case you didnt kno, we're playing pretty aqesome you guys.. and fun to watch!

I know they can rescind it if the league deems it was unjust

I'm not pro anything. It pisses me off when this dude who maybe hasn't even seen the Prudential Center before, who very possibly has never even been in the state of New Jersey before, can tell us how much our crowd sucks and our deepest rivalry is due only to our inferiority complex. What does he know about what it means to be a Devils fan from New Jersey and deeply hate the Rangers and their fans? Nothing.

lol youre absolutely ridiculous. The You suck chant is stupid and im commenting on that fact. I could be from Mars, it doesnt change a damn thing about how stupid it is. Does that mean i cant comment on what hitler did cause im not a jew living over there? Get over youself. I CHOOSE this team when i was 8 years old and stuck with them cheering by myself while everyone else was cheering for other teams. Thats giving me just as much rights to say what i want about them than someone cheering for a team strictly based on demographic.

And i absolutely NEVER said that the rangers rivalry is due to an inferiority complex, thats ridiculous, its a lie and youre a terrible drama queen here and exagerating big time. All i said is that a lot of fans were putting more time bashing the rangers than talking about their own team. Posting pictures of them giving the finger to a ranger fan with his back turned. And posters on here agreed with what i said.

But yeah go on about how im "constantly" bashing the fanbase while what i said is those 2 things.

• Like 1

Wow, this team continue to surprise me. What will go unmentioned is the 5 posts we hit over the course of the game. That we, a team who couldn't score last year, are generating so many dangerous scoring chances, and our forwards' shots are beating the goaltenders (not the posts unfortunately) is extremely encouraging. We're not scraping up desperation lucky goals here and there to stay in games. Our chances are dangerous more often than they are not.

Side note: I've said before, but Sergey Kalinin is quickly becoming one of my favorite most promising players. He's getting better each game. I can't wait to see where he's at in a year or two from now when he's more fluent in English and more fully integrated into the team (and the culture/area). I think we underestimate what it must be like for someone from Russia to come here, where everything from the game to the culture, language, and even diet are different. He comes in with this disadvantage and yet outperforms everyone on our 3rd and 4th lines. Good for him.

Edited by DJ Eco

Between your postings on this board and in the Mets thread on here, I am convinced you are the biggest troll and SJW on here.

Ummm TRIGGER WARNING?!? Thanks now you've triggered my PTSD ughhh xD

God do I hate SJW tumblurinas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lol youre absolutely ridiculous. The You suck chant is stupid and im commenting on that fact. I could be from Mars, it doesnt change a damn thing about how stupid it is. Does that mean i cant comment on what hitler did cause im not a jew living over there? Get over youself. I CHOOSE this team when i was 8 years old and stuck with them cheering by myself while everyone else was cheering for other teams. Thats giving me just as much rights to say what i want about them than someone cheering for a team strictly based on demographic.

And i absolutely NEVER said that the rangers rivalry is due to an inferiority complex, thats ridiculous, its a lie and youre a terrible drama queen here and exagerating big time. All i said is that a lot of fans were putting more time bashing the rangers than talking about their own team. Posting pictures of them giving the finger to a ranger fan with his back turned. And posters on here agreed with what i said.

But yeah go on about how im "constantly" bashing the fanbase while what i said is those 2 things.

I've never said you don't have the right to criticize this team. You're a devils fan and you absolutely do. What I don't like is when you criticize the "crowd" as a whole and make sweeping generalizations about a rivalry you have to know that you won't ever truly understand. Go ahead and be critical of you suck. Most people here agree. But no one else here is going to talk about how sh!tty our crowd is, because again, it's personally insulting. We are that crowd. Half the people on this board are season ticket holders who are that crowd every night.

As for the hit, I'd be outraged if there was any disciplinary action against Adam. What I'm worried about is this having a negative impact on his development as a physical player. We want him throwing his like that, and it's not something we've seen a ton from him yet. He finally really crushes someone, mostly cleanly (as far as I'm concerned, you can argue for interference, and that's about it) and gets tossed out of the game for it.

The officiating was crap all game. They threw Palmieri and whichever Sedin into the box after the scrum in front of the net to make an example out of them, the penalty that led to our goal in ot was a slight bump as two players crossed paths. Horrible.

Edited by thecoffeecake

I've never said you don't have the right to criticize this team. You're a devils fan and you absolutely do. What I don't like is when you criticize the "crowd" as a whole and make sweeping generalizations about a rivalry you have to know that you won't ever truly understand. Go ahead and be critical of you suck. Most people here agree. But no one else here is going to talk about how sh!tty our crowd is, because again, it's personally insulting. We are that crowd. Half the people on this board are season ticket holders who are that crowd every night.

I never generalized the crowd as a "whole" saying every single fan in the arena were retards singing the You Suck chant and making the rest of the fan look bad. I referred to the fans singing it. 

Trust me, when i'm cheering for team canada im absolutely ashamed of being on the same side as Habs fans. Last year we were winning a game by a goal and the crowd in MTL or Toronto started to sing the Ole Ole... then we got scored. You can be sure i called out how fvcking stupid the people in the crowd singing were. That's not me saying the whole canada is stupid. 

I mean... don't you see the pattern? weeks ago i say that a chunk of our fanbase had an inferiority complex towards the Rangers at the moment. (and totally backed it up with examples) Then i said the fans chanting the You Suck and getting scored on seconds later makes it even worst. What you took from those 2 things... 1- That i said that the Rangers / Devils rivalry is 100% fuelled by an inferiority complex 2- That our whole crowd is stupid 3- that those 2 things combined equals me "constantly bashing our fans".

You clearly took my comments wayyyyy more personal than you should have and clearly overreacted to my "next comment". I certainly hope you see how badly you exaggerated here and not because of what i said but cause you have a problem with me.

Edited by SterioDesign

As for the hit, I'd be outraged if there was any disciplinary action against Adam. What I'm worried about is this having a negative impact on his development as a physical player. We want him throwing his like that, and it's not something we've seen a ton from him yet. He finally really crushes someone, mostly cleanly (as far as I'm concerned, you can argue for interference, and that's about it) and gets tossed out of the game for it.

The officiating was crap all game. They threw Palmieri and whichever Sedin into the box after the scrum in front of the net to make an example out of them, the penalty that led to our goal in ot was a slight bump as two players crossed paths. Horrible.

SD doesn't have to live in NJ to know how our fanbase is.  He can read social media, forums like these as well as comment sections on TG's blog and other websites.  He also has eyes and ears to see and hear how many chants the Devils fans do against the Rangers on TV when they are not even playing them as well as trying to shoehorn a chant that was eliminated over 2 years ago into now the 4th goal song change in that time.

I make no bones to say that the Devils seem to have a disproportionally large segment of crap fans compared to other teams.  Not even Yankees fans obsess about the Red Sox like Devils fans obsess over the Rangers and many nights it is downright embarrassing to see and hear at the arena.  Maybe some of it stems from the fact that we seem to have a younger fanbase that was raised on nothing but Devils success, but a large part of it, especially the ridiculous obsession with everything regarding the Rangers, can only be explained away by an inferiority complex.

Edited by DevsMan84

SD doesn't have to live in NJ to know how our fanbase is.  He can read social media, forums like these as well as comment sections on TG's blog and other websites.  He also has eyes and ears to see and hear how many chants the Devils fans do against the Rangers when they are not even playing them as well as trying to shoehorn a chant that was eliminated over 2 years ago into now the 4th goal song change in that time.

I make no bones to say that the Devils seem to have a disproportionally large segment of crap fans compared to other teams.  Not even Yankees fans obsess about the Red Sox like Devils fans obsess over the Rangers and many nights it is downright embarrassing to see and hear at the arena.  Maybe some of it stems from the fact that we seem to have a younger fanbase that was raised on nothing but Devils success, but a large part of it, especially the ridiculous obsession with everything regarding the Rangers, can only be explained away by an inferiority complex.

Yah you're bringing the ultimate point here... why would you chant something against the Rangers... while playing another team? lol That's plain stupid and trying to compensate for something. That obsession made me quit a few devils groups on fb, it was absolutely ridiculous. I don't have many Devils fans where i live so i want to connect with more fans but I don't find it that appealing when all i see on those group is posts bashing the Rangers. It's true, that part of the rivalry i may never understand it truly cause i don't live there. But i don't like a team cause i want to hate another one. I want to talk about my team more than anything.

The amount of time i've seen posts from Devils fans trying to mock Rangers fans for living in the past by bringing up that we've won more than them since their last cup... Quite ironic. Well us winning is also in the past and the Rangers made it to the finals. It sucks but let's not be hypocrites about it. And of course im not saying a fanbase s houldnt thrash talk and troll another rival fanbase, but when youre doing it more than cheering for your own team.. thats sad

and again, im not saying the whole fanbase is like that, but from what i've seen it's still a thing.

My god how many times are we going to have the same fvcking discussions. The majority of the crowd likes doing the you suck chant and the Rangers suck chant. It's not going to change no matter how many times we drag this same conversation into different threads.

That being said what a great fvcking day. Getting to see the Red Bulls knock out DC and then walking over to the rock to see 2 periods and some ot of a great nasty game. I really wish the two teams would partner up more and have games back to back, they could even do a 2 for 1 deal. They are really missing out with not teaming up. Saw quite a few fans who went to both games.

Edited by Satans Hockey

My god how many times are we going to have the same fvcking discussions. The majority of the crowd likes doing the you suck chant and the Rangers suck chant. It's not going to change no matter how many times we drag this same conversation into different threads.

That being said what a great fvcking day. Getting to see the Red Bulls knock out DC and then walking over to the rock to see 2 periods and some ot of a great nasty game. I really wish the two teams would partner up more and have games back to back, they could even do a 2 for 1 deal. They are really missing out with not teaming up. Saw quite a few fans who went to both games.

But did you get your grilled chicken sandwich at either game...?