Preppie soccer kids given night off with free Devs Tix.

MadDog2020

http://deadspin.com/nj-devils-owners-helicopter-parks-on-soccer-field-canc-1741476321?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_expid=66866090-62.YkETBcIMTk2uX1oytHipyg.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com

I like Harris as an owner so far, but this is fvcked up. He should make it right with those kids. I understand there was a miscommunication, but maybe throw them some tickets to a game or something.

Edited by MadDog2020

While Harris definitely has the resources to right this, the issues was reported as being with the charter company and the school and not with Harris and the school. It would still be a good move for Harris to make it right, but this doesn't make him the dick.

Edited by NJDevils1214

While Harris definitely has the resources to right this, the issues was reported as being with the charter company and the school, not with Harris and the school. It would still be a good move for Harris to make it right, but this doesn't make him the dick.

Still makes him look bad.  No one is going to remember the name of the charter company.

This is much ado about nothing, or at least it should be. The field also serves as a helipad, for which the school gets paid. The school fvcked up in its scheduling, and couldn't do anything about it at that point.

That said, Harris obviously has the means to do something nice for the kids beyond just giving them tickets. I imagine he'll be creative about it.

But still, Deadspin is low grade click bait for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fvck that self entitled prick. He didn't make a cal even though he's using a field as a helipad? I'm not going to a game at the Rock til he makes it right.

Lol. k.

I don't have patience for people who thinks paying for something means they own it. It's why I also don't like fans who think buying a ticket allows them to behave however they want. I'll go to games at Barclay's. Easier for me anyway. Certainly won't be paying for the Greene jersey I was gonna get myself for Christmas,

I don't have patience for people who thinks paying for something means they own it. It's why I also don't like fans who think buying a ticket allows them to behave however they want. I'll go to games at Barclay's. Easier for me anyway. Certainly won't be paying for the Greene jersey I was gonna get myself for Christmas,

Holy over reaction Batman!

Holy over reaction Batman!

Or not. I've defended ownership a lot, but it's a dick move to assume that your schedule is more important than anyone else's. If they make it right, I move on. If not, my money goes elsewhere, fan of the team or not.

Edited by mouse

THis is ridiculous.

You spend your money where you want to, I'll spend mine where I do. IMO it's ridiculous to spend money on billionaires, but as a sports fan, I do it. To me, Harris crossed a line this time. I don't really give a sh!t if the rest of you think it's a line or not, but thanks for sharing your opinions.

Let's be serious here -   you think Josh Harris was thinking about calling up St. Benedict's to see if there was a game scheduled?  I don't think so.  And for that matter, if any of us were rich enough to have a helicopter cart us around the tri-state area, we wouldn't be thinking about calling them up either.

Cancelling a game because the field used as a helipad was more important?  It may have been a simple dollars and sense decision.  I don't know if the U13 league has a permit agreement with SBP, but I'll tell you one thing - whether Harris is leasing the field as a helipad or is a potential or is an actual BENEFACTOR to SBP, it's a no-brainer in who wins out on that.  What Harris can give to SBP is in no way, shape, or form even close to what that U13 league could give.  So, from a strategical decision stand-point, while it pissed off a few kids and parents, in the long term, the decision was best for the school.

Or not. I've defended ownership a lot, but it's a dick move to assume that your schedule is more important than anyone else's. If they make it right, I move on. If not, my money goes elsewhere, fan of the team or not.

That's what scheduling is all about. The field serves as a helipad and a soccer venue. It's up to someone, probably the school who owns the property, to figure out when to schedule soccer games and when to say it's ok for people to park helicopters there.

Unfortunately, when things get screwed up, it's much harder to find another place for a helicopter to go in the middle of Newark than it is to cancel a youth soccer game. Not to mention that it's a pretty safe bet that the money Harris pays to the school helps maintain the field in the first place.

Even Deadspin more or less admits that they realize that it's not really Harris's fault, and that they're more upset that there are very rich people in the world that can afford to have their own helicopters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

You spend your money where you want to, I'll spend mine where I do. IMO it's ridiculous to spend money on billionaires, but as a sports fan, I do it. To me, Harris crossed a line this time. I don't really give a sh!t if the rest of you think it's a line or not, but thanks for sharing your opinions.

It's pretty clear that Harris has nothing to do with this. The charter company didn't do their due diligence before the flight to make are Harris was on schedule. The school headmaster says it later in the article.

Let's be serious here -   you think Josh Harris was thinking about calling up St. Benedict's to see if there was a game scheduled?  I don't think so.  And for that matter, if any of us were rich enough to have a helicopter cart us around the tri-state area, we wouldn't be thinking about calling them up either.

Cancelling a game because the field used as a helipad was more important?  It may have been a simple dollars and sense decision.  I don't know if the U13 league has a permit agreement with SBP, but I'll tell you one thing - whether Harris is leasing the field as a helipad or is a potential or is an actual BENEFACTOR to SBP, it's a no-brainer in who wins out on that.  What Harris can give to SBP is in no way, shape, or form even close to what that U13 league could give.  So, from a strategical decision stand-point, while it pissed off a few kids and parents, in the long term, the decision was best for the school.

And that's why I have no problem with Harris renting the field. I do have a problem that, because he has money, he feels entitled to inconvenience a bunch of 13 year olds rather than waiting an extra 45 minutes in the owner's box. If he makes it up in some way, fine, it's an honest mistake. If he doesn't, I think he's a self entitied prick who is fortunate enough to get away with it because he's loaded (and I have no problem with him being loaded, he earned his money), and I feel no need to financially support him, even if my tiny amount won't make any real difference.

It's pretty clear that Harris has nothing to do with this. The charter company didn't do their due diligence before the flight to make are Harris was on schedule. The school headmaster says it later in the article.

And if Harris apologizes/offers free tickets, whatever, fine, honest mistake. Since he hasn't (and told the company wait on this field that other people sometimes use until I get here), he doesn't get a free pass. I'm clearly not witholding judgment, but if he makes it right, I don't give a sh!t. If he doesn't, fvck him.

Looks like he is offering an invitation to all coaches, players and their families involved out to a Devils game at the Rock as his guest. I think that's pretty fair.

Link? If he's doing that, I take back my negativity, and accept this as an honest mistake.

Boom. There we go. Dead issue now AFAIC.

Problem solved. Disregard my past posts.