Preppie soccer kids given night off with free Devs Tix.

MadDog2020

Problem solved. Disregard my past posts.

This is a great example of why we all need to sometimes take a step back and see how things shake out before going ballistic (and I do this sometimes too, so I'm not saying I'm never guilty of it). 

• Like 2

I'll take it a step further, there is almost no chance that he knew about the game beforehand. He charters a helicopter because he wants someone to take care of all the arrangements. Its not up to Harris to personally call the school to see if he can use the field, he almost definitely relied on someone else to do that, and they failed to do it. 

In any event, he apologized and is inviting the families to the Rock, that's about the best he can do without a time machine. 

I'll take it a step further, there is almost no chance that he knew about the game beforehand. He charters a helicopter because he wants someone to take care of all the arrangements. Its not up to Harris to personally call the school to see if he can use the field, he almost definitely relied on someone else to do that, and they failed to do it. 

In any event, he apologized and is inviting the families to the Rock, that's about the best he can do without a time machine. 

Agreed. I think we do sometimes need to have the discussion about billionaire owners and how we entitle their bad behavior, but this turned out not to be the time and place.

Holy crap, did you even read the article? 

This is essentially no different than if you schedule an Uber pickup at a later time, he shows up early, parks in a handicap parking space and YOU get thrown into a PR nightmare because of it.

But by all means, let's lynch Harris. In a fair world, he doesn't even have to do anything to "apologize" to St. Benedict's. The agreement he has with them is probably worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Blame the school for using their field as a helipad for some extra funds.

If you read the article, or even glanced at it, you (and everyone else crucifying Harris) would see that it was just a huge miscommunication (or entire lack thereof) between the helicopter company and St. Benedict's.

He's a billionaire. I'm sure he pays a pretty penny for this helicopter chartering service. Their responsibility is to coordinate the helicopter's arrival with the time the Devils game is over; then report to the school. I'm sure Harris doesn't pay up the ass so he can be on his phone coordinating all these minor details while his team is playing at home. It's the absolute safest and most likely assumption that he knew absolutely none of this was going on.

And he's STILL apologizing. That's the world we live in. Where crucifying someone and getting an immediate apology is tantamount to even thinking about that situation for just one second. "I'm going to watch games at Barclays from now on!" REALLY???????

Edited by DJ Eco

lol this forum sometimes. Yeesh

It's all of society today. See my comment in bold. Reactionary "outrage" (but people don't really give a sh!t) rules king, reason or common sense do not. I'd be surprised he didn't get any death threats or lawsuits over this; that's the day in age we live in.

That's the world we live in. Where crucifying someone and getting an immediate apology is tantamount to even thinking about that situation for just one second.

Edited by DJ Eco

Holy crap, did you even read the article? 

This is essentially no different than if you schedule an Uber pickup at a later time, he shows up early, parks in a handicap parking space and YOU get thrown into a PR nightmare because of it.

But by all means, let's lynch Harris. In a fair world, he doesn't even have to do anything to "apologize" to St. Benedict's. The agreement he has with them is probably worth hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Blame the school for using their field as a helipad for some extra funds.

If you read the article, or even glanced at it, you (and everyone else crucifying Harris) would see that it was just a huge miscommunication (or entire lack thereof) between the helicopter company and St. Benedict's.

He's a billionaire. I'm sure he pays a pretty penny for this helicopter chartering service. Their responsibility is to coordinate the helicopter's arrival with the time the Devils game is over; then report to the school. I'm sure Harris doesn't pay up the ass so he can be on his phone coordinating all these minor details while his team is playing at home. It's the absolute safest and most likely assumption that he knew absolutely none of this was going on.

And he's STILL apologizing. That's the world we live in. Where crucifying someone and getting an immediate apology is tantamount to even thinking about that situation for just one second. "I'm going to watch games at Barclays from now on!" REALLY???????

I did read the article, and drew some logical conclusions from it. My concerns were alleviated by his willingness to make it right. But feel free to judge all you want. Go fvck yourself.

I did read the article, and drew some logical conclusions from it. My concerns were alleviated by his willingness to make it right. But feel free to judge all you want. Go fvck yourself.

No, you go fvck yourself, the ultimate reactionary "feel free to judge all you want"-er in the history of this board with the ridiculous replies in this thread, like this was some catastrophe to North Jersey.

Edited by DJ Eco

No, you go fvck yourself, the ultimate reactionary "feel free to judge all you want"-er in the history of this board with the ridiculous replies in this thread, like this was some catastrophe to North Jersey.

Hypocritical much calling me reactionary and judgmental? Whatever, easy enough to ignore you. Just hope you neither vote nor reproduce.

Hypocritical much calling me reactionary and judgmental? Whatever, easy enough to ignore you. Just hope you neither vote nor reproduce.

Have fun at Barclays dude, with an owner who abused the sh!t out of eminent domain to even build there in the first place (something to really get upset about).

Edited by DJ Eco

Have fun at Barclays dude, with an owner who abused the sh!t out of eminent domain to even build there in the first place (something to really get upset about).

Ratner owns the Isles? When did that happen? If you're going to criticize, at least know your facts. I'm going to go back to doing work rather than dealing with you. Have a wonderful day.

Ratner owns the Isles? When did that happen? If you're going to criticize, at least know your facts. I'm going to go back to doing work rather than dealing with you. Have a wonderful day.

You're right, I got that wrong

that-escalated-quickly.jpg?w=584&h=306

And agreed, this is not at all worth fighting or badmouthing each other about as fellow Devils fans; and I'll end it with this Anchorman meme

Edited by DJ Eco

I still don't understand how anyone thinks Harris had anything to do with it when the school and the charter company scheduled use of the field and they fvcked it up. Harris, and his billions of dollars, had nothing to do with the entire fvck up other than he decided to employ the service provided by the charter company. He was never a dick, he was never selfish, and he was never entitled. The company and the school fvcked up. 

You need to know your facts before calling somebody else out.  Barclays Center gets almost all money from ticket sales for the Islanders and pays the team a flat fee (I think it was reported to be at least $50 million) each season to play there.  So yes, your money spent watching the games at Barclays is going directly to Ratner, the Russian Giant, and whoever else has an ownership interest in that arena. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Has anyone ever seen Josh at the games? I read somewhere that his seats were behind our bench but I've never actually seen him in the arena on game-day. Wouldn't be surprised if he's watching from a suite. 

Ive seen pictures of him with people in the crowd hanging out with him on twitter.

well this really escalated quickly lol like other posters said... i can't see how anyone could put this on Harris? it was CLEARLY out of his control

Not directing this at anyone on this thread...but some people act like almost all wealthy people were born with silver spoons in their mouths and are automatically entitled snobs who think they can do whatever they want, and live on easy street.  Is that true of some rich people?  Sure.  But many of them came from less-than-nothing or rough backgrounds and worked their asses off to get where they were, and quite a few of them actually do give back to their communities and aren't just rubbing "the little people's" faces in their wealth...this can also be true of those who inherit.  Just because someone has made a lot of money or comes from a lot of money doesn't make them instantly contemptible by default.