GDT: Devils vs Penguins, 7PM

Zubie#8

The problem with the pens is that they are top heavy and the top guys aren't producing right now.

Personally if I was a pens fan I would want them to trade one of Crosby or malkin, you could get a huge return. They have like 5 great forwards and the rest are dog sh!t, which is the opposite of our team, we have a great team but are missing the 1-2 top forwards.

Also when you have that kind of talent on your roster and you aren't scoring it can be bad psychologically, I expect that they will turn it on and make the playoffs, but the pens are gonna get bounced in the first round, they just don't have a great team.

I feel like this proves that Kessel is a locker room cancer. When was the last time the Pens looked this bad in the regular season?

How so? From the games I've seen, he's given max effort and has been performing. I think sometimes it's easy to identify a player who's had a questionable past. But Kessel has been one of the Pens' better performers. Fleury and Zatkoff are the top 2. The Pens quit in that game. It was embarrassing. Without Zatkoff that would've been 8 or 9-0. Obviously, the coach isn't a good one. But the Pens are poorly constructed. They have a weak defense that relies heavily on Letang and Maatta. The support guys they brought in aren't performing. 

Malkin's right. He hasn't been too good either. I didn't find what he said offensive like Adam Oates. It was a truthful evaluation from a player who doesn't say much. So, is it just the coaching or does it come down to leadership/core? 

Valiquette looks like a fvcking date rapist.

He isn't exactly a rocket scientist. I don't like him because I find him arrogant and cocky. Occasionally, he makes valid points on goaltending. But I don't take him seriously. 

A few thoughts..  not sure if Crosby is hurt, and I know its only 1 game, but the next 1 label is thrown around a bit too much, he is not in the same class Gretzky or Mario. Just not, maybe no one ever will be...

The 1st period had no flow, seemed like there was a stoppage every 30 seconds...

Henrique has been really good lately, from the 2nd period on it seemed like he did not lose a face off, always defensively responsible and he is scoring right now.

On the PP the puck seems to be stagnant at time, with no big shot the defense has not prob allowing shots from the point, not that I want Gelinas in, I donot but, they need to find someone who can bomb on the PP, then all the plays they try to set up down low will start to open again.

I know I said this the other day, the speed on this team is exciting, I cannot believe how that has changed ion 1 year...

"Lul dude he sux he should be a healthy scratch every nite"

-50% of NJDevs members and 99% of NJD Facebook Fans

Unfortunately, uou'll hear more of this as his offensive numbers drop throughout the season.  What's funny is that the writer doesn't make the obvious link:

Zajac not only ranks among the top five in the NHL in shooting percentage with six goals on 21 shots (28.6 percent), but he's on pace to surpass his career-high of 25 goals set during the 2009-10 season.

You'd think the author would recognize that A (abnormally high shooting%) is the reason for B (on pace to pass career high of 25 goals).  Zajac has only put 21 shots on net in 16 GP.  When all is said and done, I'll be surprised if he scores 20 goals this season.

But the article does show there's more to Zajac's game than offense (which doesn't figure to be much more than 0.5 points per game going forward, unless he gets the right linemates). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

"Lul dude he sux he should be a healthy scratch every nite"

-50% of NJDevs members and 99% of NJD Facebook Fans

he is having a great start to the year... but the people had a point in criticizing Zajac.. there were times last year when he absolutely could not finish.. like borderline open net shots he'd miss.  

i would never defend a single facebook fan.. but i know i criticized him some Zajac in the past, and it was warranted

Tootoo's got more goals than Josefson, yet everyone seems to think Josefson is some great prospect.

I don't think he is.

He's definitely not a prospect, but he's started shooting a lot more lately - he's got 18 shots in his last 5 games which is by far his best stretch in the NHL.  If he can keep getting 2 shots/game from here forward I think he could stick on the third line, because some of those shots are going to end up as goals.  His problem in years past is both that he never got shots on goal and he never scored on them.  

He's definitely not a prospect, but he's started shooting a lot more lately - he's got 18 shots in his last 5 games which is by far his best stretch in the NHL.  If he can keep getting 2 shots/game from here forward I think he could stick on the third line, because some of those shots are going to end up as goals.  His problem in years past is both that he never got shots on goal and he never scored on them.

He's like a woman who never orgasms...fun to watch but he never finishes.

Don't you mean postseason? Also, I didn't mention either of those.

Whoops, postseason. 

I know you didn't mention that. I'm just saying, I would blame a toxic mentality in the locker room on the perennial underachieving (since 2009) core they've had for years, before targeting Phil Kessel, who's actually doing pretty well for himself. He's a +3, has 11 points, has only taken one penalty and has scored 3 game-winning goals, so I doubt he's causing any of the negativity that might be around the locker room.

Edited by DJ Eco