NFL Week 10 Thread

'7'

Refs just marching the Giants down the field here

Maddening, but refs make bad calls against every team in every game.  It's just life in the NFL these days.

At least they didn't give up a TD on that drive. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well...never thought this team was going 16-0 (I always thought that talk was ridiculous), and at least this is shaping up to be an out-of-conference loss, which is the least costly.  Giants just have their number.

Huge special teams play there, but can't see the Pats' D stuffing the Giants' O, and can't see the Pats' O (clearly hurting without Edelman) being able to put together too many scoring drives.

9 TDs and 17 INTs now for Peyton with today's four picks.  I've always thought he was a little overrated (not a lot, but a little) and has clearly has had his issues in the playoffs and in big games, but this is really sad.  Really hope he calls it quits.  At least he got one ring.  Many greats can't say that, and that would've dogged him hard if he hadn't. 

6 third quarter points for the Giants...can't really ask more than that...the D hasn't let the game get away from the Pats.

Wow...huge break for the Pats there.  Pats D has had a hell of a second half...holding the Giants to zero points on a short-field TO was an amazing feat. 

But it's still asking a lot for them to hold the Giants' O without a TD for the entire second half.  If they give one up here, I can't get on them.

Wow. Major miscue by the Giants secondary (big surprise, their D is terrible) leads to a Gronkowski TD

Yeah, both teams have made some mistakes in execution today. 

And now Peyton's backup (Osweiler) throws a pick.  Ouch.

Brady really needs to start eating the ball on some of these plays.

Another break...that could've been picked. 

Well, Eli's going to have his chance now.  A slow drive ending in a FG is all he needs.

Really hard to bet on the Pats' D stopping the Giants' O here.  Hope they surprise.

Does this D EVER stop the Giants on a game-ending drive? 

As predictable as the D not getting it done here was, I still can't get on them...they held the Giants to zero points on a bad turnover, and they weren't the ones who threw a red-zone INT. 

It's actually BETTER for this to be a TD...more time for the Pats to try to get down the field to score a TD themselves.  The Giants are scoring a TD here anyway.

Weird play calling from the giant

Yeah, kill some time here.  Though if they score a TD here, the playcalling won't look as bad. 

Pats are getting out of this as well as they possibly could have.  1:47 with no time outs and just needing a FG seems damned near miraculous under the circumstances.

They left N.E. with 0 timeouts, but ALOT of time. 1:47 to set up a field goal

N.E. at 8-0, so what right do I have really throwing stones at them, they look incredibly vulnerable in the secondary

Edited by '7'

Incredibly stupid throw...absolute gift that he didn't hang on. 

Can't make any arguments as to the Pats deserving to win.  They don't.

This is going to be a brutal loss for the Giants if the Pats somehow pull this off...Giants should've won.

Giants absolutely blew this.  Pats get a huge gift. 

Wild one. Makes me confident as a Jets fan that they can definitely beat the Giants if they bring their A game, and maybe we can knock off N.E. late in the season. THAT is going to be one hell of a barnburner.

That Giants secondary...yeesh. I mean how lucky are they to be 5-5 and LEADING that division? With those horrendous losses to New Orleans and now New England hovering over them

So god damn sick of Beckham too. Nice hands on that endzone play. You see him posing on ever damn commercial with his amazing 2 fingers but...you have to haul that one in too. Though NE was practically handing you a TD there

Both teams had a fair amount of luck this game. The goal line INT for the Giants. The secondary mishaps that let to the Gronk and Beckham TD's....there was a bunch more.

This loss by the Giants was a gut punch on the level of Jets/Bills a few days ago.

Edited by '7'

lol that figures...sadly the Jets might be the only hope of them NOT going 16-0 at this point now that Peyton looks like Brett Favre at the end of his career, and that's if the Jets ever put it together and be the team they were the first six weeks again.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If the Pats get to another Super Bowl (big IF), I hope it ain't against Big Blue.  That team is hell for the Pats.

Crap, another mismanaged game end by the Giants

The dropped INT was the killer.  He had to come down with that.  But since he didn't, we're going to hear about the Giants' final possession and how the playcalling could've been different.  Pats didn't win today...Giants lost. 

The dropped INT was the killer. He had to come down with that. But since he didn't, we're going to hear about the Giants' final possession and how the playcalling could've been different. Pats didn't win today...Giants lost.

I'm not disagreeing with you, bit on the situation they were on, anyone with more than 3 brain cells could figure out that you needed to run the ball 3 times and milk the clock as much add possible

I'm not disagreeing with you, bit on the situation they were on, anyone with more than 3 brain cells could figure out that you needed to run the ball 3 times and milk the clock as much add possible

I agree...they wanted a TD way too badly when they didn't need it.  Bleed the clock and take the FG.  With the way the game ended, the Giants are going to take a lot of criticism, and I understand why.  I think an easy INT that was just flat-out miffed takes the cake though. 

Take Edelman and Lewis out and this is a different Patriots offense.

Wild one. Makes me confident as a Jets fan that they can definitely beat the Giants if they bring their A game, and maybe we can knock off N.E. late in the season.

This is a two-part observation, that share their significance.

The Giants defense has allowed over 4,200 yrds this season! The NFL record for most yards allowed is Baltimore 1981.. widely considered the worst defense of all-time, with 6,700+ total yrds. The Giants will break that this season! THAT is how bad this Giants defense is this year. They're on pace to break the NET yrds allowed as the worst defense in NFL history.. and the Pats looked like just another team tonight. I understand the stat sheet says they generated 400 yrds, but #1. About 80 of those came from the Gronk play, and #2. These are the New England Patriots. The same Patriots that put up nearly 40 points against Miami two weeks ago. The same Pats team that score 40 points against Rex's Bills.. 50 points against Jacksonville.. and have pretty much made the rest of the league look like NCAA opposition. And lo and behold.. against a horsesh!t 31st ranked defense tonight, the Patriots offense looked, average! They scored 3 TD's.. one of which was really a punt return, essentially allowing them to run 4 yards for the touchdown.

I had no idea just how important Lewis & Edelman were to their offense until tonight. Who knows -- maybe if we get some players healthy, in front of a raucous crowd @ MetLife in December.. maybe, just maybe, we can beat those guys.

Edited by Beezer34