GDT: Devs @ Calgary

MadDog2020

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one of those games. Outworked seems like a stretch to me. There was an open net just missed on the last PK and a few other chances that could have given us at least a point tonight. Plus it seemed like Severson couldn't get one shot through tonight. Just overall very frustrating 

Zajac's offensive numbers predictably heading south...no points in four games, just six shots on goal in his last 8 GP (after putting up 16 in his first 9 GP).  Would love for him to snap out of it, but nothing really points to that happening (this is a continuing trend from last season...he has averaged just 1.47 SPG in his GP since the start of 2014-15 (from '08-'09 to '13-'14 it was well over 2.00)).  At this point, I'll take his 2013-14 offensive numbers (18 G, 30 A, 165 SOG, 10.9 shooting%) and be very happy with it.

Not saying he doesn't bring value in other ways...just saying too much was made out of Zajac's offensive "resurgence".  He wasn't going to keep shooting over 30%. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Watching this game kind of made me wonder how Calgary has been so bad this year. They're a lot better than their record

had some chances at the end but no puck luck on our end. Still nice to see Farnham continue to produce. And O'Neill get his first point

Gotta take 2pts in Edmonton.

Watching this game kind of made me wonder how Calgary has been so bad this year. They're a lot better than their record

had some chances at the end but no puck luck on our end. Still nice to see Farnham continue to produce. And O'Neill get his first point

Gotta take 2pts in Edmonton.

Their goaltending has been awful and they are coached terribly.  Devils exploited their terrible structure for the first 10 minutes but couldn't do it for much more of the game.

Really bad ice out there and I think that really affected them.  This Devils team plays with speed and tight turning and hard to do that when you take a spill at every turn and every sudden stop.  Cory struggled a little bit too, but these nights will happen.

Even in this loss you can't really say the Devils mailed this in.  Their compete level was pretty high for a majority of the game.  Last time I remember that happening was in the 2011-12 season.

Tlusty and Merrill were the weak links in last night's lineup.  Tlusty might be explained by a nagging injury but not sure what Merrill's deal is other than he is just not good.

Two things Schneider sucks at, short side goals and puck handling, caused 2 goals against. Womp womp

Its not like the old days of Marty when the puck would go back there and you felt ok with him going out and getting it. I hold my breath every time Schneider ventures out. 

Two things Schneider sucks at, short side goals and puck handling, caused 2 goals against. Womp womp

To his credit, the short-side goals were a huge thorn in his side last season. He's worked on it a lot. He lets 1 or 2 of them in per month now, it used to be 1-2 per week.