New Jersey Devils' Lineup/Roster Thread 2015-16

Triumph

Thanks.  Didn't realize Travy had so many fans, didn't mean to rock the boat!

It's not that Zajac has tons of fanboys...it's just that a lot of Devil fans can see he brings more to the table than point production.  He also clearly needs talent to work with...he hasn't always had it.  He's not the kind of guy who stubbornly finds ways to get his offensive numbers (the way Elias often did).  Get Zajac the right linemates and I think he could put up a 50-55 point pace.  With everything else that he does, that's not a bad return on his deal.   

Cammalleri - Henrique - Stempniak

Blandisi - Zajac - Palmieri

Elias - Josefson - Boucher

Farnham - Kalinen - Kennedy

In a few weeks, Please and thank you

Can't come soon enough, this team is brutal offensively right now.

--------

Not sure if this is the thread to discuss this, but with the trade deadline rapidly approaching... Is there a top 6 guy out there that can be had for relatively cheap? I'm not expecting Stamkos here but another scoring winger would be a godsend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't know what they have to get Khokhlachev but that's someone they need for sure.  The Bruins don't really need Boucher - they have Vatrano who's doing Boucher things this year, they don't need Gelinas.  I don't see how that deal gets done - Matteau and a 2nd is surely not sufficient.

Well, the Devils are now 1st in the league in GA/G (2.21) and 30th in the league in GF/G (2.21). I suppose we can at least boast that our offense is still slightly better than last year's 2.15 GF/G effort...or not. Our offense is abysmal.

Cory btw is 2nd in SV pct. (.931) and GAA (1.98) among starters. And the guy in front of him in both categories, Mrazek, has started 12 less games.

And if you're interested, in the last ten games played, the Devils scoring leaders are Blandisi and Stempniak (9 points each).

Edited by Neb00rs

I don't know what they have to get Khokhlachev but that's someone they need for sure.  The Bruins don't really need Boucher - they have Vatrano who's doing Boucher things this year, they don't need Gelinas.  I don't see how that deal gets done - Matteau and a 2nd is surely not sufficient.

Merrill might get it done...

I didn't see the games but why was Mike Sislo sent back down. He has always driven play well for a 4th liner at the NHL level and he clearly has NHL speed and an NHL shot. He should be at the point where development is obsolete at this point and use him in any means to win.

Elias - Khokhlachev - Boucher

Farnham - Josefson - Silso/Kennedy

The trickle down effect for all lines would be substantial.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I didn't see the games but why was Mike Sislo sent back down. He has always driven play well for a 4th liner at the NHL level and he clearly has NHL speed and an NHL shot. He should be at the point where development is obsolete at this point and use him in any means to win.

Gionta is guaranteed a spot, for some reason...

Barring any trades I'd keep Kennedy in there, he's actually been an important piece on that powerplay lately, hes strong on the half wall and has been looking good on that third line with JoJo and Boosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalleri will get more than a 2nd round pick. He would likely get a 1st and a prospect and be one of the top trade deadline aquisitions.

would a buyer make that commitment ?  at that point he'd need to be more than a rental, and he just cant stay healthy

I think he has a no trade clause

I think he's waive to go to a PO bound team

Cammalleri will get more than a 2nd round pick. He would likely get a 1st and a prospect and be one of the top trade deadline aquisitions.

Bananas.  He has 3 years left on his contract in a year where the cap is going to stagnate.  No way he would fetch this kind of return.

For an injury-prone player who is entering his age 34, 35, and 36 years (at good money) and clearly can't be counted on to be there when you really need him? 

If we make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen. We win most games by 1. If we lose, we almost exclusively lose by 1, never get blown out. We are not a boom or bust team like some of the teams around us (winning 7-2 one night and losing 4-0 the next). ANYTHING can happen. Bruins, Capitals, and to a lesser extent the Islanders are the only teams I'd be nervous about facing in a potential first round. Lucky for us, the teams we always seem to mysteriously drop points against (Oilers, Leafs, Flames, Avalanche, Jets) are either not in our conference or will not be in the playoffs haha..

I don't know exactly how it works, but is Steve Santini able to be signed if we made the playoffs, and eligible to play?

Edited by DJ Eco

6 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

I don't know exactly how it works, but is Steve Santini able to be signed if we made the playoffs, and eligible to play?

He'd have to go pro and forgo his senior season. He's a junior this year. I highly doubt even if he let his senior year go and went pro immediately that we'd call him up. If anything, he'd prob go to Albany first for the rest of this year. 

7 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

If we make the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen. We win most games by 1. If we lose, we almost exclusively lose by 1, never get blown out. We are not a boom or bust team like some of the teams around us (winning 7-2 one night and losing 4-0 the next). ANYTHING can happen. Bruins, Capitals, and to a lesser extent the Islanders are the only teams I'd be nervous about facing in a potential first round. Lucky for us, the teams we always seem to mysteriously drop points against (Oilers, Leafs, Flames, Avalanche, Jets) are either not in our conference or will not be in the playoffs haha..

This. I'm usually not one to wax fantastic about our playoff hopes, but in 2012 I don't think anyone thought we would hit the finals. Granted we had a Kovy and a Parise, but our most productive line was our 4th line. ZP and Kovy were virtually invisible for a majority of the playoffs.