NFL Week 13

NJDevs4978

That was maybe the most batsh!t crazy ending to a game that I've ever seen. Wow.

It might not have been the most batsh!t crazy ending of the calendar week...but it was the most of one that mattered.  If that second half doesn't get the Packers back into form, nothing will.

And my god, just like MNF was the Browns being the Browns, this was the Lions being the Lions.  Where was Calvin Johnson on that Hail Mary?

Amazing and wild finish. Obviously, I'm not a fan of that face mask penalty. But eh. It is what it is. What were the Lions doing? Oh wait. They were just being themselves. Good god. Rodgers made a perfect throw. And to his name sake. Haha.

Its idiotic season-changing calls (and insufferably BAD commercials) like this which is why I've stopped watching the Thursday Night games

THIS is what people wanted when they "got the real refs back" those years ago?? ....horrible

but don't worry....we have a Coldplay concert coming to numb your brain...wooooo!

That call is a perfect case for reviewing officials' penalties directly.  That was such a bang-bang call that all three refs had such a bad angle on that I'm not surprised that the officials got it wrong.  And additionally, do they still have 5 yard facemasks?  If so, that should have been of the 5 yard variety.

No more 5-yard facemasks...all 15-yarders.

Hopefully Goodell will start realizing that there's more important issues out there than Deflategate and going after Brady and trying to save face.  The NFL is coming off as more of a circus everyday with Goodell as the lead clown.  Even when the NFL tries to do something right, it usually blows up...like moving the SNF crew to the Eagles-Pats game...basically saying that some games are more important than others, which I'm sure they didn't see that criticism coming until after people starting pointing that out.

Hopefully Goodell will start realizing that there's more important issues out there than Deflategate and going after Brady and trying to save face.  The NFL is coming off as more of a circus everyday with Goodell as the lead clown.  Even when the NFL tries to do something right, it usually blows up...like moving the SNF crew to the Eagles-Pats game...basically saying that some games are more important than others, which I'm sure they didn't see that criticism coming until after people starting pointing that out.

Actually this is probably the perfect punishment for those refs since BB knows the rules better than anyone, he can probably teach these fools something :lol:

The New England Pretenders. The Genius decided to be a dick with a 14-0 lead and it blew up in his face. Any team can have a clunker, but more and more this is looking like a one-and-done team. Everyone is to blame on this one. Lots of it to go around. Pathetic effort.

Get Brady the fvck out of this game...it's over, no reason to risk him getting hurt at this point.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The New England Pretenders. The Genius decided to be a dick with a 14-0 lead and it blew up in his face. Any team can have a clunker, but more and more this is looking like a one-and-done team. Everyone is to blame on this one. Lots of it to go around. Pathetic effort.

Patriots defense has given up 14 points (7 on a short field after that stupid onside kick).  Non-Gostkowski special teams suddenly have had 2 brutal games.  Opposing defenses simply don't respect the Patriots pedestrian receivers without Edelman and Gronk.  The offensive line continues to be a problem and without Edelman, Lewis, and Gronk Brady can't quick-pass his way around it.  Perhaps this is the epic wake-up call a team could use?  Last week in Denver had too much "We wuz robbed" residue for that to be.  I still don't see this as a 1-round wonder team as the playoffs will still hinge on Gronk and Edelman.  Denver lost to Indy and KC, Cincy lost to Houston (at home), you can pick out at least a good egg from everybody in the AFC.

At least it's against an NFC team.

They've almost always responded well in the past after a game like this, so there is that. The other good news is that Denver and Cincy still play each other...someone's going to lose, so if the Pats can pull it together, they still have a shot at the #1 or #2 seed. But they made things a lot harder on themselves today.

Made it interesting, but on a 3rd and 11 with a chance to get the ball back, of course the D didn't make the stop.

And then three drops on very catchable balls...fitting end to this one.

True enough, Carolina could nosedive late a la the Saints in 2009 although I don't really see it with their schedule (a dying Atlanta twice, the Giants on the road and Tampa at home).  At worst they should go 14-2....then again I thought the Pats would be at worst 15-1 a few days ago :P

Still amazed that Brady almost brought the Patriots back in that game. Incredible but...only so much he can do on his own.

Panthers are ripe to be picked off by the Falcons or Giants. It would do them good to lose and not head into the playoffs with a 16-0 burden on their shoulders. Giants could go either way here, either go into fanatical SAVE COUGHLIN mode or just wilt and die. Falcons are not that good but the Panthers already survived a toe stub vs. New Orleans

Still amazed that Brady almost brought the Patriots back in that game. Incredible but...only so much he can do on his own.

Not for nothing.. but the Patriots haven't really been impressing me lately. (and I was marveling over them for most of the year) They've lost these last two, but.. even the game before that against the Bills.. I didn't think they deserved to win. They beat Buffalo by one possession, at home, with every call in the world going their way. And then the 27-26 game right before that one.. again.. I thought the Giants outplayed them.

Now.. you can't really say should be more than they are, or less than they are.. because even in losses, they're right there. But as much as you can say: they could've won their last 4 games.. they could've lost the last 4 too. All of them!

..this next week against Houston will be very interesting. JJ can take over a game, the Pats don't have Gronk, and Houston plays pretty well at home. We shall see.

You can point to a lot of things being flukey, as far as the Pats' loss to the Eagles goes...you rarely see two big special teams gaffes and a 100-yard INT return.  If the Pats lose again, it won't be due to circumstances like that.

That being said, the injuries are catching up with this team.  Not having Edelman AND Gronk is a killer, and Brady can only do so much (and by his own admission, he was as much to blame as anyone else was last night).  Amendola isn't the most sure-handed guy around and unlike Edelman, he's not much of a yards-after-catch kind of guy.  LaFell is a drop machine (very telling that his reception-to-target ratio is the worst on the team...I'd be surprised if he's back next year).  Blount is the kind of guy who needs a complementary back...one who helps to tire out the line so Blount can plod ahead...without that, he's not nearly as effective.  And the O-line is getting to be more porous by the game. 

2-2 feels about right for the balance of the last four games...can't say they absolutely should've done better or worse. 

Not for nothing.. but the Patriots haven't really been impressing me lately. (and I was marveling over them for most of the year) They've lost these last two, but.. even the game before that against the Bills.. I didn't think they deserved to win. They beat Buffalo by one possession, at home, with every call in the world going their way. And then the 27-26 game right before that one.. again.. I thought the Giants outplayed them.

Now.. you can't really say should be more than they are, or less than they are.. because even in losses, they're right there. But as much as you can say: they could've won their last 4 games.. they could've lost the last 4 too. All of them!

..this next week against Houston will be very interesting. JJ can take over a game, the Pats don't have Gronk, and Houston plays pretty well at home. We shall see.

and with our precarious situation in the wild card, we have to root for N.E.

Tough to see them losing 3 in a row though, despite Watt being an unstoppable beast, I see Houston as a NY Giants type team. Hopkins...Watt...and nothing else. I think they will probably hang with the Patriots through a half and then lose soundly. 

The Eagles can be explosive in all facets of the game(and also look like dogsh!t for long stretches), Houston is not quite as explosive. Explosive teams give the Patriots trouble because they're unpredictable and quick strike (like NYG) The one team I can see beating New England out of the AFC is Cinci if they're on...maybe Denver but it's touch seeing Osweiler beating Brady/Beli TWICE in a season? Peyton Would get annihilated vs N.E. They'd be jumping routes with his noodle armed throws all night.