GDT: Phailures at Devils 12/4/15 7PM ET

msweet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers outplayed them in that OT.  Devils did a nice job to even get it to OT.  They do fight and claw.  They remind of the late 80s-early 90s Devils a bit in that way...those teams had to fight for every last point too. 

All in perspective but there was a lot not to like tonight.

Goals were not Cory's fault but he was shaky tonight. Might've been his worst game.

Elias is toast which kills me to say. Didn't like his decisions and he's so turnover prone with high risk passes.

Flyers really took the play to the Devils physically. Made the Devils look slow.

For all the Zajac bashers - you see what this team looks like without him.

I also hate that this team seems so hesitant to shoot. Take shots - even if they're bad ones. They go in sometimes like matteau's.

Hynes has been hesitating with pulling whoever's in goal. It worked out, but on that powerplay, cory needed to be out sooner. I almost never question coaches, because what's a hobby for me is their job, but he does a few things that leave me scratching my head. Big picture i like him and what he's doing, just a couple of odd things.

Flyers outplayed them in that OT.  Devils did a nice job to even get it to OT.  They do fight and claw.  They remind of the late 80s-early 90s Devils a bit in that way...those teams had to fight for every last point too. 

That's a credit to the coach who gets the most out of his players. It's amazing that they have as many points as they do. Not much in the way of scoring depth. And Moore is their leading point getter on the blue line. But they play extremely hard. Like the team mantra #Resilient. Love the hustle they display.

That's a credit to the coach who gets the most out of his players. It's amazing that they have as many points as they do. Not much in the way of scoring depth. And Moore is their leading point getter on the blue line. But they play extremely hard. Like the team mantra #Resilient. Love the hustle they display.

it's #relentless.

but i get the point.

it's #relentless.

but i get the point.

Duh. I have a tendency to confuse those two for some reason with your team. #Relentless 

The point remains the same. There's not much to dislike with this team.

Was at the game and they were lucky to get a point out of it. Poor puck control and bad passing all night long. The missed call on the game winner was total BS.

Yep I missed this game but just watched the highlights. I guess elbowing to the face is not a penalty anymore? Hope Palmieri is ok after that hit that lead to the OT winner

Goals were not Cory's fault but he was shaky tonight. Might've been his worst game.

Elias is toast which kills me to say. Didn't like his decisions and he's so turnover prone with high risk passes.

Flyers really took the play to the Devils physically. Made the Devils look slow.

I also hate that this team seems so hesitant to shoot. Take shots - even if they're bad ones. They go in sometimes like matteau's.

Totally agree with your last point about being hesitant to shoot, and Dano mentioned it on the broadcast too- shoot the puck! They passed up some good looks tonight to try and make the perfect play or make an extra pass and it was driving me nuts. Edited by MadDog2020

There wasn't a lot of effort really for most of the night.  That tying goal was their ONLY shot in the last fifteen minutes of the game (inc. the OT) after the Flyers took the lead.  This team continues to play up and down to the opposition so much it's maddening.  I'd almost rather have a season like the Jets two years ago where they beat all the bad teams and just got curbstomped against the better teams.  This team's been such a tease, they beat good teams and then blow tires against bad teams.  Not to mention they look horrible at home lately.

They had the exact same game on Tuesday, tonight had nothing to do with Travis being out other then seeing more of the Swedish engine that couldn't.

Was at the game and they were lucky to get a point out of it. Poor puck control and bad passing all night long. The missed call on the game winner was total BS.

They had great passing if their idea was to pass the puck TO the Flyers.  I've never seen so many tape-to-tape passes to the other team.

Basically, Hasan and I had 2 different posts. His is on tonight and the maddening inconsistency. Mine is about the bottom line. That the Devils are overachieving with not much offensive depth. It's important to keep in perspective what the expectation was for this team. 

Hasan: Devils' maddening inconsistency continues

Derek: #Relentless Devils fun to watch under Hynes

Can't win a 60 minute game with only putting out a strong 3rd period 20 minutes.

They looked tired.

I don't buy the tired thing cause their best period was the third, well the ten minutes they decided to play before getting deflated after giving up the lead goal.  Maybe you can argue the last fifteen minutes they were tired when they got one shot on goal but they came out in the first two periods like their heads were somewhere else.  When you have even guys like Greene and Elias making mental errors, that just isn't good enough.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Didn't see this one, but teams have off nights, especially playing back to backs where one's home and one's away.

Devils have gotten pretty lucky to play a lot of teams coming off back to backs while not having many themselves, I think we're going to see more of the reverse as the season moves along.

We stole a point we didn't deserve. I'm ok with that.

this is my take also, for a flyers loss Im not overly pissed . just not our night

I like how there seems to be a team wide effort to shoot at the top corners and lift the puck on most chances (when they actually do shoot) Im thinking hynes is stressing this in practice. especially henrique

Can't win a 60 minute game with only putting out a strong 3rd period 20 minutes.

They looked tired.

This is what I've been saying. Over the last few weeks, they seem to only want to play for a select ten minutes here and there. And somehow (like last night and in Montreal) it works out to some extent.

^ yea I'm with you guys. That was the toughest game to watch since they got shutout against STL earlier this year. Coming out with a point is pretty nice, and the OT loss is exactly how some of those 3 on 3s are going to go some nights. 

that's our first OT  isn't it? we either won or went to a SO