Sign in to follow this  
newjerseydamo

Sports bar in Union City NJ to watch the Devils?

Hi all,

I am yet again travelling to NJ to see the final 3 home games in April.

I'm staying in an AirBNB apartment in Union City for a few nights before staying with friends for the remainder of my trip.

I happen to arrive the same day as the Devils playing the Lightning in Tampa Bay.

Is anyone familiar with the area and able to suggest a bar to watch the game at?

Is anyone in the area and want to meet up to watch the game and have some drinks?

Hi all,

I am yet again travelling to NJ to see the final 3 home games in April.

I'm staying in an AirBNB apartment in Union City for a few nights before staying with friends for the remainder of my trip.

I happen to arrive the same day as the Devils playing the Lightning in Tampa Bay.

Is anyone familiar with the area and able to suggest a bar to watch the game at?

Is anyone in the area and want to meet up to watch the game and have some drinks?

I live sort of close by! Depends what part of Union City you're staying at, as it's pretty big and split down the middle by the Lincoln Tunnel entrance. 

The place I was going to suggest to you, I just realized it closed recently. They showed all Devils games and the place is pretty nice and a lot of TVs. Not there anymore, I guess :/

Your best bet instead is to go nearby to Hoboken for the night (if you're here for leisure). There are a lot of bars which would be carrying the game, or if they're not, you can pick a spot that doesn't mind turning it on. Dozens upon dozens of bars with TVs, and Hoboken can be fun for a night out. Also, if you get the Uber app, it shouldn't be more than $4-8 for a taxi from Hoboken to anywhere in Union City.

Bump the post as we get closer to April and my friends and I will join you that night!

Hey man! I live in Union City! Definitely better off heading to downtown Jersey City or Hoboken to watch the games as there aren't a lot of sports bars in Union City itself. It's a very short Uber ride to most places in either town especially if you're south of the Lincoln tunnel. If you do go to Hoboken, Texas Arizona is a pretty good spot for Devils games. At least from what I've heard the owner is a Devils supporter and I think he had some connection with Brodeur. Also, Hoboken might be a bit easier to do some bar hopping if that's your interest. 

Cheers!

Glad to see some people around Union City, will catch up with yas for the game. Hoboken sounds like a plan, especially with a nice cheap Uber ride.

I'm not far from the Lincoln tunnel entrance, about 10-15 minutes walk on 22nd St.

Glad to see some people around Union City, will catch up with yas for the game. Hoboken sounds like a plan, especially with a nice cheap Uber ride.

I'm not far from the Lincoln tunnel entrance, about 10-15 minutes walk on 22nd St.

Very close to me. Im off of 10th but on the other side of Kennedy Blvd. Union City is not anywhere to watch a game. The few watering holes that are around UC mostly cater to the overwhelmingly Hispanic population. 

Hoboken is definitely your best bet. You dont even need to Uber if you dont want to. There are plenty of city buses that will take you down there. Walk over to Bergenline Ave and 23rd St and take the #22 NJ Transit Bus right into the heart of Hoboken. It goes down Washington St. which is where a lot of the "action" is. 

If you want to go into NYC, take the #125 bus to the Port Authority from Kennedy Blvd or one of the dozens of "jitney" buses that run the same route. They're little white minibuses that run the route constantly.

Edited by ghdi

Change of plan.

My Airbnb accommodation was cancelled so I had to rebook. I've got a nice place in Hoboken walking distance to everything, so makes it so much easier :)