GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils 7pm (MSG+, WFAN)

eaglejelly

just when I think somebody might be able to stop this team, they set me straight with a gutty OT win against a hot goalie. nice watching the eventual 15-16 cup champs for a bit tonight

Another great win baby.Too sweet!!!

Has John Moore looked this impressive all year. He and Severson were excellent all game.

The Detroit Play by play guys said he(Moore) had a Niedermayer-like rush up the middle.  I unfortunately missed it, but yeah, he had a great game and he looks awesome on the PP.  Severson contributes with a point or two and is our leading d-man scorer.  Schneider was great too, he made two early saves in the 3v3 against Tatar I believe. 

I really hate to say it, but I think Elias might be on the way out if we can get anything for him.  It's starting to look like he's done, just doesn't have the foot-speed to keep up with the top 6 forwards and to make matters worse, I think his offensive instincts are pretty much shot.  He doesn't exactly look lost, but the play is simply sub-par right now.  He misses the net, doesn't shoot from what I've seen in this game.  Throw him on the 3rd line with Yayo if we can't find a taker who will give us a 3rd rounder.   

It pains me to say this, truly.  Maybe he can turn it around and get a few good bounces, but hopefully he can kind of mentor for Kalinin and Josefson while he's still here.  Does anyone think we could bring back Jagr on a trade for Elias?? Lmao.