Upgrade from Hell...

DevilMinder

Well, as you can all see I ended up spending the entire beautiful day indoors getting the upgrade to go through. We should be up and running.

The new software update is familiar yet vastly different and it will take some getting used to. It has been 3 years since they had a major revision and the changes are numerous. I am still going through the settings myself and plan to roll out a new skin next.

If you see any bugs or critical issues let me know.

If you werent aware of the upgrade, are you friends with us on facebook? :)

https://www.facebook.com/NJDevs/?ref=hl

Major Changes:

Mobile centric forums adjust automatically to your device size(responsive)

You can tag someone now to bug em instantly @Triumph with the @symbol before a users name

A lot of stuff automatically loads as your are typing.

The view new content is somewhat different and I have to set it up to reflect the old style.

13 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Well, as you can all see I ended up spending the entire beautiful day indoors getting the upgrade to go through. We should be up and running.

testing quotes.  looks like any quoted posts from before the update were merged into the post theyre in? very had to read

Interesting.  I wont' have a true opinion yet until the skin is released and we have a proper Devils-red color instead of this default blue, but I'm just glad this place is still using InvisonBoard rather than vBulletin or something else.  I used to run various forums many years ago and always preferred IPB over the other competition.

Also, slightly off-topic, I really like the festive holiday banner at the top.  I realize that was here before the forum upgrade, but just wanted to point it out since it's another cosmetic change.  I always liked when sites did a little tweak like that for various holidays and events -- adds a nice touch and makes it feel more homey.  Nice job guys.

Edit - one thing I see is that it looks like a lot of the emoticons are gone.  I assume that's something being added back too?

Edited by NJDfan1711

39 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Did anyone else furiously check ESPN while the site was down, thinking the Devils had a major trade in the works that caused NJDevs to crash?

Lol no, but if I did ESPN would be the last place i'd check for hockey information - right next to MarthaStewartLiving.com.

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Did anyone else furiously check ESPN while the site was down, thinking the Devils had a major trade in the works that caused NJDevs to crash?

I would have seen that on Twitter with TG or one of the TSN writers like McKenzie/LeBrun

Funny thing is HF melted down on the same day, it almost seemed like a systemic attack on hockey boards :P

Rebuilding Signatures

0%

Rebuilding posts

0.54%

Rebuilding messages

20.21%

Rebuilding status titles

0%

Rebuilding topic titles

0%

Rebuilding event titles

0%