GDT - Devils vs Hurricanes, round 2 - 12/29/15

NJDfan1711

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely stole 2 points tonight. The Devils never looked like they were in control of the game at all, but they manage to score 3 and win the game. Sloppy game, not well played, but they got the end result, so who gives a sh!t. 

And you're completely wrong.

4 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Yes.  They have a lot of talent, and they're one of the best possession teams in the league.  What's killed them this year is unsustainable bad goaltending.

Their PK is near the bottom. They stay in games by not taking penalties, because they realty suck at killing them. You can't pin the number of goals they have given up entirely on the goal-tending.

I guess not taking a penalties should be commended, but regardless, not sure I would say they are really good. But I guess that its all relative.

Edited by adavid

46 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Motherfvcker, you're blind. I was at the game. They were getting booed off the ice in the second period. They got 1 'eh' goal and two VERY lucky goals, and should have lost that game. 

I don't think we deserved to lose cause the Canes didn't do much either, this was a perfect example of a game that deserved to end in a tie. 

Watching on TV I thought the Devils clearly outplayed the Canes in the 1st period and barely edged them in the 2nd and 3rd.  However, I can see how being there it might have looked different.

I am beginning to see how much Farnham is better than Tootoo.  This beyond just +/-.  Farnham actually has some hockey sense in him.  Tootoo just doesn't do anything out there along with Tlusty and others.  Kennedy didn't do anything much and I still wonder how is in over other players.  I think Josefson has more value than him. Matteau had an alright game and Merrill had one of his better games of the year.

I thought both goals against KK were weak, especially that second one.  No way should that one go in.  Ward didn't play much better either but I thought he performed better than KK even though he ended up with the loss.