GDT Stars @ Devils 1/2/2016

lazer

8 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Haha, what? You don't like me, not sure why. You're adorable :) we need more kiddies like you!

was in 129 tonight. Fantastic effort, incredible game to be at. As many have said, great fvcking crowd. Go Devils. That was awesome.

I actually do like you.  I just don't appreciate you calling me names for staying even keel.  I appreciate your passion though.

8 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

They played well but were fortunate to not give up another one in the 3rd and to have the power play in OT.

One of those posts where lack of inflection changes the dynamic...I was actually posting "You were saying?" in laughing, "I have no idea how they're doing this" fashion.  Because I don't...well, I do in some ways (Schneider paying every bit like a #1 for much of his season, Palmieri and Henrique shooting over 17%, etc), but to see this team actually contend for a playoff berth almost halfway through this season...considering how this team has looked at times (despite not getting blown out much)...just seems beyond surreal. 

Devils are in the midst of an insane 8 game stretch. Dallas, Detroit, @Montreal, Boston, @ Minnesota, @ St. Louis, @Colorado, @Arizona. I added the last two because NJ doesnt typically play out there. Something like 5-3 would be very good for this team. Dont see how that's possible if Cammmalleri isnt back soon

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

Devils are in the midst of an insane 8 game stretch. Dallas, Detroit, @Montreal, Boston, @ Minnesota, @ St. Louis, @Colorado, @Arizona. I added the last two because NJ doesnt typically play out there. Something like 5-3 would be very good for this team. Dont see how that's possible if Cammmalleri isnt back soon

Colorado is close to my birthday and the Devils are typically trash on or around my birthday so I'm chalking that up as a loss already.

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

It's actually just as insane that the Devils are right there, points%-wise, with every team on that list...and have managed to beat the team with the best record in that batch already.  And the Devils have a good road record to date.  If they pull off 4-4 or better (which will take them pretty close to the 50-game mark I've been wanting to see them get to, as far as their standing goes), they have a chance to hang around in what seems to be a truly ordinary, parity-driven Eastern Conference.  Just not seeing many teams in the East that are all that much better than the Devils (which is more of an indictment of the lack of good teams than praise for the Devils...but man is it nice to have a goalie who'll stop pucks at a near-.930 rate...every little bit helps).