Jump to content

NFL Off Season 2016 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!


Hi, I'm VALUE!
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Coughlin will not be coaching anywhere.

And Chip Kelly to the Niners.  I'll be the contrarian and say it's a pretty good swing for the fences not much to lose selection.  The Niners are obviously really bad and can't get much worse.  He's the type of coach where you can tell if it's going to be a disaster pretty quickly so even if he's as terrible as his biggest detractors think, he probably won't do any long-term damage.  In the meantime, a gimicky sort of of offense might be what a really crappy team could use to compete. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Not gonna lie, I hope the Titans return the Troll to Fisher and roll out all the players they get in this deal for the coin toss when they play the Rams again next time....it would be quite worth it.....the Titans should be doing BACKFLIPS at this return for the #1 pick (and now EVERYONE'S mock drafts just got tossed in the trash :P )

 

oh and full details:

Tennessee swaps the top pick to the Rams along with its choices in the fourth and sixth rounds. The Rams will give the Titans their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) along with two second-round selections and their third-round pick in the draft starting April 28. The Titans also will receive the Rams' first- and third-round round picks in the 2017 draft.

Edited by CRASHER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

Not gonna lie, I hope the Titans return the Troll to Fisher and roll out all the players they get in this deal for the coin toss when they play the Rams again next time....it would be quite worth it.....the Titans should be doing BACKFLIPS at this return for the #1 pick (and now EVERYONE'S mock drafts just got tossed in the trash :P )

 

oh and full details:

Tennessee swaps the top pick to the Rams along with its choices in the fourth and sixth rounds. The Rams will give the Titans their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) along with two second-round selections and their third-round pick in the draft starting April 28. The Titans also will receive the Rams' first- and third-round round picks in the 2017 draft.

Agreed although it's about 50-50 Fisher gets fired by the time they do play the Titans in 2017 :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the Rams would be that idiotic....you let him be the coach for the QB you gave up half of two drafts for, now you SHOULD be committed to giving him the time to be that coach and let the kid develop and not be bombarded by systems and overloads....especially since that team and franchise are just buying time until they get their own smog-filled version of Jerry World out in phony-land....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I hope the Titans return the Troll to Fisher and roll out all the players they get in this deal for the coin toss when they play the Rams again next time....it would be quite worth it.....the Titans should be doing BACKFLIPS at this return for the #1 pick (and now EVERYONE'S mock drafts just got tossed in the trash [emoji14] )

 

oh and full details:

Tennessee swaps the top pick to the Rams along with its choices in the fourth and sixth rounds. The Rams will give the Titans their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) along with two second-round selections and their third-round pick in the draft starting April 28. The Titans also will receive the Rams' first- and third-round round picks in the 2017 draft.

The Rams are clearly trying to make a splash here, but word is they don't even know which QB they want. I mean giving up all of those picks and not even knowing if you'd rather have Goff or Wentz? Yeah, this reeks of the owner interfering with personnel and forcing the move up for #1. It's nothing short of absolute lunacy to give up what the Rams did without having conviction on who you want to take with that pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Rams know who they want, they're just playing games so everyone behind them who need to know where the dominoes fall have to guess and conjecture about it, you don't give up THAT many assets without knowing damned well who you want (aside of epic levels of stupidity, though they did wait 12 hours on the trade announcement to kiss Kobe's ass which was dumb....)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

The Rams know who they want, they're just playing games so everyone behind them who need to know where the dominoes fall have to guess and conjecture about it, you don't give up THAT many assets without knowing damned well who you want (aside of epic levels of stupidity, though they did wait 12 hours on the trade announcement to kiss Kobe's ass which was dumb....)

I think as much as anything they want to drum up the suspense and hype.  It is two weeks before the pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least with the Rams, if you squint hard enough, it may be a teeny bit defensible, moving to a new city and having like the worst QB situation in the league. The Eagles, not so much.

 

Titans and Browns coming away MASSIVE winners in this. Good for them.

Edited by nmigliore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would assume he's going to request a stay and ask for the re-hearing - I'm not sure either of these entities want to take this to SCOTUS if they can avoid it.  With the 9th seat being filled by a pro-worker political party/president, I'm SURE the NFL doesn't want it - as to Brady, I'm not sure he'll get what he's asking for - it depends on how the ruling came down from this appeal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

I would assume he's going to request a stay and ask for the re-hearing - I'm not sure either of these entities want to take this to SCOTUS if they can avoid it.  With the 9th seat being filled by a pro-worker political party/president, I'm SURE the NFL doesn't want it - as to Brady, I'm not sure he'll get what he's asking for - it depends on how the ruling came down from this appeal.

The Supreme Court almost certainly would not take the case.  There is a decent shot at a rehearing since there was one judge on the panel that dissented, which is relatively rare for a three judge panel appeals court.  But even if a rehearing is granted, I wonder if Brady would get a stay.

Quote

If the Supreme Court hears this stupid case, I'll lose respect for the Supreme Court. They have much bigger fish to fry.

It wouldn't necessarily be a stupid case for the Supreme Court to address some aspect of the reviewability of arbitration awards as a general matter. 

Edited by Daniel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian Hoyer ended up signing with the Bears to backup Cutler. Kind of surprised he couldn't find a gig with more playing time potential elsewhere, but following the fallout of the draft, I guess there just wasn't much out there. Would be stunned if Fitzpatrick isn't a Jet at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nmigliore said:

Brian Hoyer ended up signing with the Bears to backup Cutler. Kind of surprised he couldn't find a gig with more playing time potential elsewhere, but following the fallout of the draft, I guess there just wasn't much out there. Would be stunned if Fitzpatrick isn't a Jet at this point.

I think the Jets have played this one perfectly, re:  Fitzpatrick...they could've easily bid against themselves, and they haven't.  Fitz just doesn't have many options, and the Jets know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.