NFL Playoffs

eaglejelly

If there was ever a franchise that needed a complete overhaul in culture, it's that one.  The thuggery never ends there.  And those two dipsh!ts should be cut before they even reach the locker room.  Why these clowns can't control themselves...fvcking children.

Crazy as it sounds, I think KC is going to be hosting the AFC Championship Game.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If there was ever a franchise that needed a complete overhaul in culture, it's that one.  The thuggery never ends there.  And those two dipsh!ts should be cut before they even reach the locker room.  Why these clown can't control themselves...fvcking children.

How the hell do you Jack Tatum a guy in that situation? Do you know that it's the playoffs? That the Steelers are in a do or die drive with no timeouts in a field goal game? But nooo...this is the time I want to extract my pound of flesh on Pittsburgh. And then the 2nd personal foul right after that. 30 free yards. Just unreal. Totally unaware of the situation.

dumbest team ever

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Btw...how blessed is the Steelers organization?Horshoe up their ass since 72. They were lucky to even make the playoffs and now get a game handed to them.

The real winners today were Denver and New England.  The Pats get a Chief team that just lost Maclin and the Broncos get a poor Steelers team with a hurt Ben and third-string RB's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Vontez needs to be suspended, and that Pitt coahc had no reason to be on the field but thats another issue.

They need a another coach, an elite team that can't get over the hump and now tied for the longest losing streak in nfl postseason history as a result, rumours before the game was that the DC might be considered, if he doesn't follow Hue or Gase. 

Just a brutal choke hook by Walsh. I feel for the guy, and would love to see Zimmer move on over Carroll, but it wasnt meant to be. Seattle looks primed to avenge last years playcall. I think they can quite easily parlay this break into another SB appearance vs N.E. (not that I'm counting out Carolina or Arizona...)

Sounds like Lewis is coming back in Cinci, what a joke. They'll never get anywhere with that talented, but out of control group of thugs and Mr. No discipline softie as head coach

N.E. vs. KC should be interesting and yes, Reid can sometimes come up aces with an awesome gameplan, but even WITH Maclin, KC is not going to score enough to best even an all out of sorts Pats team...20-10 New England.

NFL.com predicting that all of the rested home teams win in close ones this weekend:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000622449/article/nfl-divisional-round-game-picks-home-teams-own-weekend

I feel like I'm playing with house money at this point...the Pats are just so banged up and looked so weak down the stretch that I simply can't seeing them winning on Saturday.  If they do, it's going to be a most pleasant surprise.  But it's going to require the Patriot D to do something they haven't done much of in the playoffs lately...step up if the offense isn't bailing them out.  It's really hard to see the Pats, with their current offense, accounting for more than 20 points via "conventional" scoring drives (and I can see it being 14 or 17 very easily).  That means the D is going to have to find a way to either score points off a turnover or set up their offense with killer field position (within KC's 25-yard-line or so).  If that happens, the Pats have a chance to win this game.  But they can't count on the good fortune they got last season, when Flacco inexplicably decided to go for a home run on the Ravens' final drive when he was doing fine hitting to all fields (resulting in a baffling interception), and Carroll made about as boneheaded of a decision as he could've made at the worst possible time...the Pats' D was primed and ready to cough up two more game-winning drives, and saw the other teams bail them out with some flat-out poor decisions. 

But if Pats' D comes out and Brady's down 14-0 and then 28-14, I can't see this bunch fighting back like they did last season.  If NE is to win this game, it will have to be with some defense. 

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Andy Reid with another atrocious job. He's really new Schottenheimer. Chiefs just not up to par today as New England advances.

His two minute offenses are something though :P

Reminds me of the Eagles Super Bowl where it took them like eight minutes to run a two-minute drill down ten.

Insanely bad clock management there.  It's still amazes me how many coaches still can't figure this part of the game out. 

NE's D has had some gaffes tonight, but came up with a huge turnover and a crucial 3-and-out.  Just hope KC doesn't convert this onside kick...NE will not stop them from scoring a game-tying TD if they do.  That unit has done as much as it can. 

NE really played well...their best, most crisply-played game in a long time.  Very pleasantly surprised.

And got the breaks tonight too.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The ending of that game for KC was so bizarre.  Complete lack of urgency. 

Can't say it ever breaks me up to see Pete Carroll's team failing miserably.

Denver with a stout, clutch defensive performance. Manning had plenty of "oh sh!t" wobbly ducks but also has a good amount of crisp throws. He's still a hold your breath statue back there and even at home...tough to see them beating New England with him at QB. Peyton really has to channel his old self to do so.

Pitt with Roethlisberger and a healthy Brown could go score for score vs N.E. Denver can't.

Edited by '7'

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

OF COURSE Seattle made a game of it cause that's Russell Wilson for you...but it was too little too late in the end thankfully.

Just like the Giants game. Carolina takes their foot off the pedal way too soon sometimes

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Just like the Giants game. Carolina takes their foot off the pedal way too soon sometimes

And when they played the Packers at home too earlier in the year.  They just don't have a good defense against the spread offense and Arians might exploit that if Palmer doesn't short-circuit.

Of course it figures a game with 15-1 and 14-2 teams is going to get overshadowed by the AFCC, but in addition to the built-in drama with Peyton/Brady comes the inherent understanding that it could (maybe should) be Peyton's last home game, if not his last game period.

Denver has been the king of ugly, somehow-find-a-way-to-get-it-done wins this season...the kind that has their opponents saying "If we had just done this or that..."  Denver had a regular-season point differential of just +59 in the regular season, to go with their 12-4 record; by contrast, the other two 12-4 teams, NE and Cincinnati, were at +150 and +140 respectively. 

But all that matters, as we all know, are getting Ws.  Style points don't matter.  And this will be tough for NE, because Denver always seems to have gremlins waiting to pounce on the Pats whenever they go to Denver.  Inexplicable drops, turnovers, and unforced errors (like miffed kickoff/punt catches, etc) just seem to have a way of happening in Denver.  It's always been a dangerous place for the Pats to go, and Brady has had his share of follies there (2-6 record in Denver).  0-2 in the playoffs there, where his team scored just 29 points combined in the two games (though the first game, played over 10 years ago, probably doesn't have much relevance anymore). 

Not saying they can't win of course, but some are making it sound like a diminished Peyton and a still-in-his-prime Brady means the Pats should win without too much difficulty.  I think the Broncos are dangerous as hell in this spot.  Those "How did we lose to those guys" find-a-wayers always are.  And if the Pats' D is asked to take the game home with a 6-point lead and a couple of minutes left in the 4th...yikes.

I don't think history's going to matter in this case...if there's one team history really doesn't matter with it's NE.  Honestly I DO see the Pats winning fairly comfortably, both because they're healthy and because Peyton's just not all there anymore.  This could be a really ugly end for him, even 'healthy' and with time off he was still not very good against the Steelers' below average secondary.  Sadly I would give them a better chance with Osweiler.

Edited by NJDevs4978

10 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I don't think history's going to matter in this case...if there's one team history really doesn't matter with it's NE.  Honestly I DO see the Pats winning fairly comfortably, both because they're healthy and because Peyton's just not all there anymore.  This could be a really ugly end for him, even 'healthy' and with time off he was still not very good against the Steelers' below average secondary.  Sadly I would give them a better chance with Osweiler.

I do think that if the Pats can play another crisp game with minimal mistakes, that should be enough to win.  Mistakes just have a way of happening when they play in Denver. 

The other thing to watch out for, as far as I'm concerned, is Peyton.  Yes, he's clearly not what he was and is basically a collection of Band-Aids, duct tape, and stitches...he's a former luxury car with over 150k on the odometer that's still running, but barely.  He clearly has very little, if anything, left in the tank.  It also means he can just let it all hang out now...sometimes that "I'm almost finished" knowledge gets a guy like Peyton to take up a notch...his career might be over in just 120 minutes.  This will be an emotional game for him.  I'm not saying he's going to magically turn back into a younger version of himself, but every little bit helps.  Pats need to shut him down early, before he can build up confidence and start to believe that he's capable of pulling off some magic.

In fairness though, it's the Denver D vs the Patriots O that will truly decide this game.  I think as far as the Bronco O goes, they're hoping for 20-23 points and no turnovers.  Then it's up to the Denver D to prove they're as good as some people think they are...find a way to hold the Pats to 20 or less.