Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDfan1711

GDT - Devils at Blues - 1/12/16

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lucifer91 said:

wait, am I seeing this right, Farnham is 5th in goals in our team?? :o 

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farnham has to be suspended for that. Obvious cheap shot.

Also, Tootoo wasn't hurt by the half assed punch after he was down. It was the one that put him down that got him. He's a brave man but he gave up a ton of size and paid the price for it. 

Kinkaid has been a disaster and last night was no exception. However, you also can't let your backup get hit with 37 shots and think that's going to go well. 

Cammalleri, why do you get hurt all the time. We need you.

Elias being hurt is of no impact really. Losing him doesn't really hurt us. Feel bad for the guy and he doesn't want to go out like this, but there comes a time to hang it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farnhams hit was cheat but hardly dangerous, he basically knocked a guy down backwards with his arms. it wasn't helmet to helmet or shoulder to head or from behind

it was a bull-rush, w forearms, and the guy was looking at him coming. he just lost it though LOL. too too got caught early and was dropped

we should have changed goalies at 2-0 lol, all of a sudden it went from a throw away game to a possible 2 pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blandisi must stay w/ the Devils & play in the top 6.

Why is Gelinas still on this team?  call ups play over him on a regular basis, its embarrassing... Send him to SanJose and let Larry work his magic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blandisi had a good game, I'm not sure I'm ready to say he's the future after a handful of games and one assist, but I'll say I'm really interested in him sticking around and seeing what he can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redruM said:

Blandisi must stay w/ the Devils & play in the top 6.

Why is Gelinas still on this team?  call ups play over him on a regular basis, its embarrassing... Send him to SanJose and let Larry work his magic.

 

Need to see him play a bit more but so far, I absolutely agree that Blandisi is earning a spot. His speed, stickhandling and offensive IQ are some of the best on the team already and he's only been a pro for 3 months. When Cammalleri comes back I'd like to see a top 6 of:

Blandisi-Henrique-Palmieri

Cammalleri-Zajac-Stempniak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is really farfetched.. but in European Futbol teams regularly lend players out to other teams, any chance the Devs could Lend Gelinas to San Jose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny seeing people pissed off about last night's loss. What did my fellow Devils fans expect? Half our team is literally AHL call-ups. That we got 2 points in Minnesota is just a bit short of a miracle. That we were in the lead at any point in this game is another miracle. 

If we get another 2 points from the next two games, I'll consider this 4-game road trip (4 points total) wildly successful. If we only get 1 point from the next 2 games, I'll consider it a pretty good road trip.

With the injuries we have and the team we're icing, I would've put my money on us going 0-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redruM said:

I know this is really farfetched.. but in European Futbol teams regularly lend players out to other teams, any chance the Devs could Lend Gelinas to San Jose?

I've always wondered why the idea of Loan Transfers hasn't taken off in American sports. I can see it making sense as much here as it does in Europe. Is it illegal per league rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farnham's hit was nothing to get crazy about.  It was penalty for interference, sure, and I guess you could give him a major which he got, but suspension?  No way.  All it was was a hard hit.  Face to face.  It was a stupid penalty, but we were already losing, and frankly I'm actually OK with the guy taking out his frustration like that.  Hockey needs more of that.  It's become way too much of a pansy sport in terms of legitimate hits like that (meaning not head hunting, not a flying elbow, hit from behind, etc).  That was just a plain old rock solid hit.  A penalty, yeah, but just a hard hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Farnham has to be suspended for that. Obvious cheap shot.

Also, Tootoo wasn't hurt by the half assed punch after he was down. It was the one that put him down that got him. He's a brave man but he gave up a ton of size and paid the price for it. 

Kinkaid has been a disaster and last night was no exception. However, you also can't let your backup get hit with 37 shots and think that's going to go well. 

Cammalleri, why do you get hurt all the time. We need you.

Elias being hurt is of no impact really. Losing him doesn't really hurt us. Feel bad for the guy and he doesn't want to go out like this, but there comes a time to hang it up. 

re:  Kinkaid, finding a good backup is tough...if they're really good, then they're going to want to start more often somewhere else (and will get the opportunity).  Kinkaid is what he is...a guy who didn't really distinguish himself in the AHL as a starter and wasn't really heralded (a perfect "might be a backup in the NHL someday" candidate), did a pretty good job last year with no real expectations, and has been inconsistent this season (not really disastrous, but definitely far from steady from appearance to appearance).  Part of the reason a guy like him gets an opportunity are circumstances with the NHL team that usually aren't good...if the Devils were expected to contend, they probably find a better or more proven backup.  With this team, they really didn't have anything to lose by giving Kinkaid a couple more years at low money to see if he could turn in a serviceable season similar to last.   

If you're of the mind that the Devils must make the playoffs this season, then yeah, Kinkaid's presence hurts a little, but he's going to get 15 starts, tops...probably a little less.  Some of his starts have been rough, but on some level this is probably still an adjustment for him...in the last four seasons (AHL and NHL combined) he's played in 42, 46, 43 and 32 games.  He's likely not used to so many days between games. 

Anyway, he's signed to what amounts to chicken scratch in the NHL, on a team that needs time to build properly, so he'll probably get next season to show that he can be a passable, 1000-minutes or so backup (the good news for the Devils is that he's a guy who knows what his role is)...his contract is pretty much harmless.  If the Devils start to show real signs of contending while he's here and he's not getting the job done, they'll upgrade, Terreri-for-VBK style.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Farnham's hit was nothing to get crazy about.  It was penalty for interference, sure, and I guess you could give him a major which he got, but suspension?  No way.  All it was was a hard hit.  Face to face.  It was a stupid penalty, but we were already losing, and frankly I'm actually OK with the guy taking out his frustration like that.  Hockey needs more of that.  It's become way too much of a pansy sport in terms of legitimate hits like that (meaning not head hunting, not a flying elbow, hit from behind, etc).  That was just a plain old rock solid hit.  A penalty, yeah, but just a hard hit.

It wasn't just a hard hit and in no way was legitimate. That hit was 2 seconds late and a charge, that's a 5 + game every time, and likely a couple games off for him. Jaskin wasnt in the play and certainly wasn't eligible to be hit there.  It was reckless and dumb.  You want to forecheck hard go ahead, finish the check on someone you have engaged fine, this hit was a stupid idea and decision by Farnham.  Change the timing and the circumstances of the game/play and you get away with it being a charge.  But you cant, we add them all together and you have a bad hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.