Are you renewing for the 16-17 season?

Satans Hockey

Are you renewing for the 16-17 season?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to renew for the 16-17 season

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I know I'm going to renew but can't say that the value for the tickets is really there. Even a 1 percent increase after most likely missing the playoffs 4 years in a row and 5 of the past 6 aggravates me. 

Also it was a 10 percent gift card if you paid in full last season and a 5 percent gift card for just renewing. Now it's 5 percent for paying in full and 0 for renewing. I did the 12 month plan last year because I never like giving them all the money 8 months before the season starts. I've barely used my gift card this year because I don't like eating the food at the arena but I still don't agree with them slashing the benefits in half.

They are giving tickets to the night before Martys night for the statue unveiling and a special coin. 

Sometimes I do feel like I will eventually give up my seats cause the older I get the less I enjoy going, sitting home in front of a large HDTV gets more and more appealing every year. I use to go tons of road games prior to HDTV and now I don't care if I never go to another one lol 

Just curious to what you all are doing cause I know we have quite a few season ticket holders here. 

For people who did that flex package this year are you doing it again? 

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm a little on the fence about it. On one hand, my wife's work schedule changed this year and it's much harder for her to get to the games. And we're also still stinging a little over the 20+% increase they hit us with last season. But then on the other hand, we still enjoy going and we REALLY like our seat location.

There's an outside chance that my wife's aforementioned work schedule will get slightly better between now and next season, and my guess is we'll probably go ahead a renew for one more season and see how it goes. But at this very moment I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger.

Edited by Brick Pig

i'm renewing - it was really always just a question if my family schedule would allow for us to go to at least 30 games and the rest go to my company. as for the product on the ice, i think it is way more entertaining than last year and they have made nice strides for gameday entertainment. The videos before the game aren't always the same which i appreciate a lot. the kids zone is a nice touch for when i bring my kids. i actually think the food has improved and w/ concession pass, it's essentially all you can eat so that's a big plus too. I'm still paying less than I did 3 years ago for club seats and I'm in the same seats (which aren't the club anymore) but still come with essentially all you can eat food. So my 5% goes to merchandise which works out when I bring my kids. I'm getting free food so a couple hundred dollars to get my kids a shirt or something is another nice bonus.

i can appreciate the cost and how it doesn't make sense for a lot of people. but i'm 15 minutes away from the arena, can go to 30+ games, and it's basically mine and my wife's entertainment for the year. we don't go to shows. we don't really go to movies. when we go out to dinner, it's always with friends/family so this is our "alone thing."

I'm renewing. I work in Financial District, take the PATH over in 15-20 minutes, it's a no-brainer. This year has been way more entertaining and it's hard not to like the core of this team (Schneider, Larsson, Greene, Henrique, Palmieri, etc.) and want to see them progress firsthand... The product this year has been infinitely better than last and I can only see that improving next season; so I want to be there for that.

Edited by DJ Eco

9 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Now that I'm back in the Tri State and working in NYC, I was considering getting season tickets again. My big reason for not doing it was the fact that the secondary market still MURDERS the face value. I've gone to 8 games this year, sat in the goal bar row 1 for 7 of them (and tonight) and treated myself to lower bowl black stats to another. I didn't pay more than $50 for a single game. For the majority of the weekday games, I sat row A goal bar for ~15 bucks. What's the incentive for becoming a season ticket holder, then?

Ok, slightly off topic, but I have to ask -- what secondary market do you use to get those prices?  Stubhub?  Scalping on the streets?  And do you think there's any chance I could get something like that for Tuesday Feb 2nd against the Rags?  I'll likely be going to that game and having to buy 3 tickets for my step kids too, and right now it's looking like $90 each, minimum, in the nosebleeds. 

Would absolutely jump on $50 each in the 100s, let alone row A that you speak of...

23 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Now that I'm back in the Tri State and working in NYC, I was considering getting season tickets again. My big reason for not doing it was the fact that the secondary market still MURDERS the face value. I've gone to 8 games this year, sat in the goal bar row 1 for 7 of them (and tonight) and treated myself to lower bowl black stats to another. I didn't pay more than $50 for a single game. For the majority of the weekday games, I sat row A goal bar for ~15 bucks. What's the incentive for becoming a season ticket holder, then?

I guess it depends on how much you value STH perks like open practice(s) and team meet and greets. I dont foresee another 2012 cup run anytime soon but I got murdered on the secondary market for tickets. So, there's that. Plus, there's the community aspect of sitting near the same people every game. I'm not a STH, so I'm sure there's more that I'm missing.

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Ok, slightly off topic, but I have to ask -- what secondary market do you use to get those prices?  Stubhub?  Scalping on the streets?  And do you think there's any chance I could get something like that for Tuesday Feb 2nd against the Rags?  I'll likely be going to that game and having to buy 3 tickets for my step kids too, and right now it's looking like $90 each, minimum, in the nosebleeds. 

Would absolutely jump on $50 each in the 100s, let alone row A that you speak of...

Devils havent played the Rangers at home yet and both teams are still in the playoff picture. I'd wager tickets will be pretty expensive for that one, even if it's a weekday

29 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Honestly if I didn't like my seats and the people around me I would probably stay home and save the money for playoffs. I'm in the front row of the 100s and it's such a pleasure not having anyone in front of me that I can't sit anywhere else without hating it. Ill probably have these seats for the rest of my life.

I renewed for next season, but may have to drop to 1 seat after this year so I can actually add to my savings lol..

29 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Yeah I mean if you mainly want to go to weekday games, don't care too much to be at rivalry games, don't expect the team to make the playoffs, and don't care about some of the ancillary benefits/events of being an STH, then yes StubHub is still the best option and there's really no way the team can make a plan for those types of fans. That said, the StubHub Plan folks definitely got creamed over the holiday break as resale prices were well above STH prices. STH also got one hell of a deal for Marty Night, including the ability to buy extras. That obviously won't be the case next year unless Elias retires. You're definitely going the smarter route for young guys like us. I do sometimes think about all of the money I drop year after year :(

Those Goal Bar seats you've been getting are the best deal in the arena. The Devils sold a bunch to broker DeamTix, and they've basically been dumping them on StubHub for most games.

40 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

They do a lot in the way of perks - tshirts, team meet and greets, rewards, etc. And yes, being in the same seats around the same people is important. Up until this year, we sat to the same people since the day the Rock opened. We went to their kids' weddings. My cousins are a few rows ahead of us.

And as silly as it sounds, if you care enough, you do it because it supports the team. While I don't think the Devils will ever really be in jeopardy of moving, having a weak season ticket base is something that starts those wheels turning.

Sat in goal bar in every game but 1 game so far this season (been to about 6 or 7 games this year).  Last night sat in row A of the goal bar and paid after fees $38.  I also drove in from Somerset county and pre-paid parking at the lot at 299 Mulberry and paid $7.50 online instead of the $15 cash if you drove up there.

16 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I went to the Stars game over Christmas holiday and sat goal bar for 60 bucks each. Face on those tickets was 175. I'll be in the goal bar tonight for $55/seat, face on these is $140. Even for rivalry games, except maybe the Rangers games, Stubhub is still cheaper than face value. I went to opening night in the goal bar for $48. 

For those asking, I usually get tickets the day of the game if it's a weekday. So far the cheapest I've gone on a weekday game was against CBJ on a Tuesday, my tickets were $8/each + fees and I got them 45 minutes before the pick dropped. 

Yeah I mean obviously the STH price is below that face value you're seeing, but those Goal Bar seats are also somewhat unique. We talk a lot about them on HF, and I know someone familiar with the deal the Devils have with the broker selling those seats. I'll just say that the broker has those Goal Bar seats, and a lot of others around the arena, for a fraction of STH cost (along with stipulations that help the Devils out). We speculate it's a way for the Devils to undercut their own face value in order to get more fans to games who normally would balk at face value, while also attempting to control the secondary market since this broker has like 2k - 2.5k seats spread across nearly every section of the arena. But the Goal Bar seats are typically their best deal and they own a ton of them after the Devils relocated most of the Goal Bar STH.

For anyone looking to get these deals, here's the source: http://www.dreamtix.com/New-Jersey-Devils-Tickets

You'll see all of those exact seats are typically listed on StubHub. I'd compare the two since buying directly from DreamTix may save you some money on fees.

Edited by Colin226

Right now I'm leaning to not renewing.  I've had a partial plan since 1987 it will be weird not to have a ticket plan. Here are my reasons: 1 I feel partial plan subscribers get no respect.  I feel someone who buys tickets at the box office gets more attention than someone who has put his money down for many years. 2, I don't enjoy the game day experience as much anymore.  There are lot of food choices but i don't really like the taste of most of offerings.  The music is really starting to grate on me. (Some of it is me getting older but the club music for warmups I feel really sucks)  I don't like the fans around my seats.  The comments I'm hearing I feel are really stupid and irksome to me.  I really hate the Ric Flair Whoo that the Islanders and Carolina started.  3.  I like to bring my camera sometimes.  The same camera and lens I've been bringing for years almost wasn't let in because my lens was "all powerful"  I told him the rules of the arena he told me they changed.  They hadn't.  When I pulled them up on my phone I was let in with the camera and lens.  So all these little things are adding up for me to not to renew, :o

19 hours ago, SMantzas said:

I guess it depends on how much you value STH perks like open practice(s) and team meet and greets. I dont foresee another 2012 cup run anytime soon but I got murdered on the secondary market for tickets. So, there's that. Plus, there's the community aspect of sitting near the same people every game. I'm not a STH, so I'm sure there's more that I'm missing.

Devils havent played the Rangers at home yet and both teams are still in the playoff picture. I'd wager tickets will be pretty expensive for that one, even if it's a weekday

Yeah that's kinda what I was anticipating, but it just shocked me to see someone mention tickets for $50, especially lower sections. 

1 hour ago, Colin226 said:

Yeah I mean obviously the STH price is below that face value you're seeing, but those Goal Bar seats are also somewhat unique. We talk a lot about them on HF, and I know someone familiar with the deal the Devils have with the broker selling those seats. I'll just say that the broker has those Goal Bar seats, and a lot of others around the arena, for a fraction of STH cost (along with stipulations that help the Devils out). We speculate it's a way for the Devils to undercut their own face value in order to get more fans to games who normally would balk at face value, while also attempting to control the secondary market since this broker has like 2k - 2.5k seats spread across nearly every section of the arena. But the Goal Bar seats are typically their best deal and they own a ton of them after the Devils relocated most of the Goal Bar STH.

For anyone looking to get these deals, here's the source: http://www.dreamtix.com/New-Jersey-Devils-Tickets

You'll see all of those exact seats are typically listed on StubHub. I'd compare the two since buying directly from DreamTix may save you some money on fees.

That link seems much more expensive -- I don't see any ticket under $110

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That link seems much more expensive -- I don't see any ticket under $110

There really aren't any "cheap" tickets when they play the Rangers, no matter what day it is.  Same thing for the Flyers and to an extent the Pens.

You could wait until the date gets closer or day of game when people might be selling tickets just to get rid of them.  However this often doesn't happen as Ranger games are almost always a sellout so the price doesn't come down much at all. 

I did the Flex plan this year but I'm on the fence to do it again. I liked getting early seats guaranteed for Rangers games and the chance for events (even though the signing event was over xmas break and I was away visiting family and missed it), but seeing what I could save going via StubHub is a major argument point against renewing.

On 1/19/2016 at 11:42 AM, Brick Pig said:

I'm a little on the fence about it. On one hand, my wife's work schedule changed this year and it's much harder for her to get to the games. And we're also still stinging a little over the 20+% increase they hit us with last season. But then on the other hand, we still enjoy going and we REALLY like our seat location.

There's an outside chance that my wife's aforementioned work schedule will get slightly better between now and next season, and my guess is we'll probably go ahead a renew for one more season and see how it goes. But at this very moment I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger.

We went ahead and renewed. Decided to try to think positive and hope for the best about my wife's schedule, and as I said, we don't want to give up our seat location. So we're in for at least one more season. Go Devils!!