GDT: Devils vs Boring Hockey 7PM MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

Zajac and Blandisi looked awesome tonight.  I'm loving it so far.  

Larsson took a few silly penalties, but nothing I'm worried about.  

Zajac with 4 points and a goal.  Not bad for him.  

Palmieri is looking like a 30+ goal scorer.  Mix in a good season from cammy, zajac, and henrique, things don't look so dreadful.

EDIT:  I'll sprinkle in a little Stemper too.  He rarely has a bad game it seems.

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Good first 40 minutes, but an awful 3rd.

ALL SITUATIONS

• Shots: 32-19 Senators
  • Corsi: 48-34 Senators
  • Scoring Chances: 26-16 Senators
  • HD Scoring Chances: 17-9 Senators

5 on 5

• Shots: 25-15 Senators
  • Corsi: 38-27 Senators
  • Scoring Chances: 22-12 Senators
  • HD Scoring Chances: 15-6 Senators

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Will be interesting to see the return for Stempniak if he geta traded at the deadline. We've seen players with less good seasons get taded for a 1st.

Thinking about trading him would be dumb when we're right in the thick of a playoff race.

1 hour ago, Mike Brown said:

Thinking about trading him would be dumb when we're right in the thick of a playoff race.

No, blindly saying we shouldnt trade him for that is dumb.

looking into what you could get for him and once you know make a decision if its worth it, everything considered. Thats smart.

The Devils tried as hard as they could to squander a 5 goal lead, in the end they just couldn't get it done. :)

First period was as good as we've looked all year. 

2G, 1A for Palmieri was only good enough for 3rd star, gotta love that. 

Edited by mfitz804

I mean you can't shoot much more efficiently than that; today was just one of those games where they go in. The Devils had 20 shots on goal, no player had more than 2 except Henrique who had 3. Palmieri took 2 shots, they both went in, I love it. The goal scorers were Blandisi, Palmieri, Zajac, Stempniak, Henrique. Altogether they took 10 shots and 6 went in (9/5 if you don't want to count the EN).

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

The Devils could've left the first tied 0-0 and it would've been their best period of hockey in a long time. The way the offense was running and the puck was moving was hockey at it's pinnacle. You just can't play the game much better than that. I knew right off the bat the zajac-palmieri-blandisi line was going to be special.

Zajac just scored like 15 Percent of his total points for this year. He always seems to have one game that elevates his point total to barely mediocre. Hard to believe he snapped a career long goalless drought. With all the buzz surrounding him at the beginning of this year and all the negativity he's gotten the last few years, my perspective on his season is pretty warped.

18 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

The Devils could've left the first tied 0-0 and it would've been their best period of hockey in a long time. The way the offense was running and the puck was moving was hockey at it's pinnacle. You just can't play the game much better than that. I knew right off the bat the zajac-palmieri-blandisi line was going to be special.

Zajac just scored like 15 Percent of his total points for this year. He always seems to have one game that elevates his point total to barely mediocre. Hard to believe he snapped a career long goalless drought. With all the buzz surrounding him at the beginning of this year and all the negativity he's gotten the last few years, my perspective on his season is pretty warped.

Yea I still remember that game he had against...I think it was Florida a few years ago and he had like 6 pts.

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

No, blindly saying we shouldnt trade him for that is dumb.

looking into what you could get for him and once you know make a decision if its worth it, everything considered. Thats smart.

Bro, we're right in the middle of a playoff hunt.  No need to trade him.